PDA

View Full Version : Can a minimag be a "tourney" gun?

InvisibleBill
01-19-2003, 05:40 PM
I need opinions, Can a mini mag with good barrel, nitro, x-valve and intelli compete with angels, cockers, bushmasters and the like? thnaks InvisBill.

Derman2k
01-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Yea...but i think an X-Mag would be better heheh;)

But its not just the gun...the gun needs a good player behind it

shartley
01-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Yes. Unless YOU can’t compete against them.

LittMag
01-19-2003, 05:44 PM
In my opinion, yes. With the X-valve it has advantages over other mechanical markers. The Intelliframe will let your hopper or warp run without a missed beat.

Blazingace
01-19-2003, 06:10 PM
There was a thread on this months ago. Of course it can. especially with the upgrades you mentioned. I am using almost the same set-up with my one Minimag. Intellifed Warp and Retro valve, Lvl 10 and Freak barrel. Tight, fast, consistant, reliable, accurate, did I mention fast. Once you have a gun with that kind of a set-up all you need to do is outplay the opposition. Let them say things about your gun. The Minimag will shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger. Practice and get comfortable using the 'Mag and you can beat anyone out there. Even if their toting 2000 dollars worth of state of the art electronics.

dave_p
01-19-2003, 06:11 PM
for years i have sucessfully managed to hold my own against any marker out there with a stock minimag, that is up until paint started getting really brittle. the only times i had much trouble is when i would chop, then it was essentially game over for me.
im not on a team but usually wind up opposite whatever team is practicing at the field on a particular day.
at the worst moments the thing i really wished for most was to not chop, and maybe shoot a little faster. if these 2 things could happen, everything will be ok.

so i got an intelliframe and a LX bolt. once im all dialed in i can say with all confidence i could walk into a tournament feeling good.

RamboPreacher
01-19-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Yes. Unless YOU can’t compete against them. Exactly what I was going to say!

WARPED1
01-19-2003, 06:27 PM
Heck yes!

FalconGuy016
01-19-2003, 06:55 PM
I played against all those top guns with my stock tippman 98 custom... and almost made it to semi's

irbodden
01-19-2003, 07:19 PM
They'll have a ROF advantage on you, but it shouldn't be anything that ya can't over come..

hardr0ck68
01-19-2003, 07:36 PM
yeah so i hope a mini will hold up in tournys cause i have been usin mine in them all these years :D and i was like one of 2 guys shootin mags at the long island AO meet and i took second with her in the one on one....hey whats that oh yeah the 3rd place went to a AOer with a Micro (non-retro). my set up is (i hate when people do this, but i have a reason) is a Retro Mini LX and intelliframe so yeah i think they will hold up just fine

Rocco

Kevmaster
01-19-2003, 07:45 PM
yep. If you can play with it, you will do well with it. The old STING (Stingray owners group) motto: "The gun doesnt make the player...the player makes the gun"(the last part is both literal and figurative)

Dayspring
01-19-2003, 08:03 PM
This coming from the guy using an Emag. ;)

Originally posted by Blazingace
There was a thread on this months ago. Of course it can. especially with the upgrades you mentioned. I am using almost the same set-up with my one Minimag. Intellifed Warp and Retro valve, Lvl 10 and Freak barrel. Tight, fast, consistant, reliable, accurate, did I mention fast. Once you have a gun with that kind of a set-up all you need to do is outplay the opposition. Let them say things about your gun. The Minimag will shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger. Practice and get comfortable using the 'Mag and you can beat anyone out there. Even if their toting 2000 dollars worth of state of the art electronics.

Cypres0099
01-19-2003, 08:49 PM
I just got back from the Kick'n 5 man in Springfieldm, MO this weekend, and one of the teams that made it to the finals had what looked like a guy with a classic minimag with a stock fram.

It also sounded like a non level 10 gun.

Are you here minimag man?

Crazy
01-19-2003, 11:34 PM
no

FalconGuy016
01-19-2003, 11:36 PM
Im actually looking VERY forward to be using my minimag in my next tourny...

Smoken
01-20-2003, 02:48 AM
Most Definatly YES. My MiniRetroLX w/ Flatline went up against IR3s, Matrices, Timmys, and E-Orracles yesterday in a local tourney. Score: 680 out of 700 possible in the prelims. So Yeah.
Also it was cheapo field paint too (PB Junkies).

Peach
01-20-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by irbodden
They'll have a ROF advantage on you, but it shouldn't be anything that ya can't over come..

Deffinately not!!! If you're planning to go into some tourneys with your RT mini call up the agd store and order some presized pins ranging from .738-.745 Use Whichever one you feal works the best. WIht the smaller pin you can tear up the BPS with the RT valve, Intellifeed is a must. Forget the expensive hoppers, buy a x-board revvy and set the switch so when you pull the trigger, before your gun fires the blades start spinning. Adding a AGD flatline adjustable on in, with a regulator as your grip you can never go wrong. Setting the tank to about 1100 output and the REG output at around 750-875 PSI depending on how reactive you want the trigger.... Personally to show the ref's my marker is semi, ill turn the reg down to about 750, then crank it up for the full reactiveness... I have never thought about another gun to play with besides my minimag with above mentioned, lvl-x and freak kit... well maybe the x-mag but i already have an e-mag and the electronic pulls are not my fancy.... I like a real trigger.

TransMan
01-20-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Peach

Deffinately not!!! If you're planning to go into some tourneys with your RT mini call up the agd store and order some presized pins ranging from .738-.745 Use Whichever one you feal works the best. WIht the smaller pin you can tear up the BPS with the RT valve, Intellifeed is a must. Forget the expensive hoppers, buy a x-board revvy and set the switch so when you pull the trigger, before your gun fires the blades start spinning. Adding a AGD flatline adjustable on in, with a regulator as your grip you can never go wrong. Setting the tank to about 1100 output and the REG output at around 750-875 PSI depending on how reactive you want the trigger.... Personally to show the ref's my marker is semi, ill turn the reg down to about 750, then crank it up for the full reactiveness... I have never thought about another gun to play with besides my minimag with above mentioned, lvl-x and freak kit... well maybe the x-mag but i already have an e-mag and the electronic pulls are not my fancy.... I like a real trigger.
Umm i would say they would have a ROF advantage and y would u want to get another pin is that to make your gun go reactive? So when the refs check your gun u change the PSI then turn it up when u go into a game? Thats almost as bad as someone turning their velocity up after the ref checks them. :rolleyes: