PDA

View Full Version : more help

RYU
01-19-2003, 09:19 PM
OK havoc, the wall charger(i think fried my battery charger) the guy at radio shack had put it on the negative side instead of positive polarity and it sizzled, now did that screw up my battery, the battery on a volt meter was reading 11 volts, does that battery have enough juice to get the led working,cause so far i never got a decent reading out of my led.

RYU
01-19-2003, 09:26 PM
and is it my fault for the young radio shack guy screwing up my battery charger? I went in one day and didnt have my battery charger but had the codes/number for the wall charger that i needed,,,they said " I won't sell you it till you bring your charger here and i can get the right plug in it for you so it won't screw up" so i said OK, show up the next day with my battery charger(diff salesman), explained to the guy that it is an expensive part and he said that he just needed to find the right adaptplug, well he found it and cooked it.

Havoc_online
01-19-2003, 09:31 PM
that's the worst mistake the salesman could have done and said. I'd talk to the manager and explain the situation. If the battery has gone bad that's $40. If the charger has gone bad, that's another $80. the battery is 16.8v so it may need a charging or it's gone bad.

RYU
01-19-2003, 09:36 PM
yeah,,im in Canada. So its more cash for me and expense to ship. He said he had no clue if it was negative or positive polarity (kinda saying it was my fault caus i had no manual with me)he was a young punk that shouldn't be working there(he should know what to do and if not don't touch it) that whole thing is going to cost me alot of money. I have put a complaint and hopefully they will pay for both products.My battery charger just stays on the green now. errr im pissed

Havoc_online
01-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Print out the order sheet and take it to the manager showing the price for each item. If they insisted you take the charger and they plugged it, they are responible, if they didnt know what they were doing, they shouldnt of messed with it. Plain and simple. Please follow up and let us know how it went, I'm very curious to know if they will pay for thier mistake.

If the manager wont co-operate go above his head, ask him for his name and the store number, then goto radioshack.com and report him. I think they'd get you taken care of.(I would hope)

follow up in this thread dont make a new one(cause I'm going to be watching this one):)

RYU
01-19-2003, 09:50 PM
yeah,i pushed new thread by accident, thanks for your help and i will keep you posted,