PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 saves tha day!!!!

StygShore
01-20-2003, 09:32 AM
Hey all, just wanted to once again give praise to th eLvl 10 kit. Best piece of equipment I have ever purchased for my mag!!!

I went to Atomix this weekend in Michigan. Of course bought the cheapest paint they had ( Big Ball ) I figure I was just flingin paint all day and not too concerned with accuracy.

I loaded up paint in my LOE EBlade FreeFlow, expecting the low pressure and eye to handle any problem I was having. Much to my displeasure, the bigball was turned into mush on every shot. I had installed a gated feed port on the gun, and use an older Revolution to feed it - well, the feed filter tabs had just enough catch on the paintballs that they would not feed when the loader was lower on paint. On top of that, the Big Ball ranged from about .689 all the way up past .693, so my EQ barrel system was utterly useless. The brown paint was rough for the eye to pick up, and with the bad feeding and odd sized paint, it was a total mess.

I grabbed my custom Micromag, dropped a hopper on it, gassed up, and ripped through 1800 rounds of this crappy Big Ball, did not break a single ball, fired pait that has flat spots and was already wet from other broken paintballs, still no problems!!!

Thanks again AGD!!! Now what to do with Eblade LOE Freeflow?

El Gallo Negro
01-20-2003, 09:38 AM
Use it as a door stop :D

I would keep it just to have a second marker...

but... that be me

beefstew
01-20-2003, 09:41 AM
when i had really dark colored paint with my strange vision, sometimes it wouldnt sense it, i fixed the problem by putting a dot of highlighter on the balls, took me a while but worked like a charm.
---beef----

RamboPreacher
01-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by beefstew
when i had really dark colored paint with my strange vision, sometimes it wouldnt sense it, i fixed the problem by putting a dot of highlighter on the balls, took me a while but worked like a charm.
---beef---- you took the time to mark each ball?! Is that tourney legal? (not that you were at a tourney)

StygShore
01-20-2003, 09:49 AM
The E-Blade uses a reflective eye, it has settings, but I could not remember for the life of me what direction to go up/down to adjust for the paint. I had never had to adjust before, because all I had shot out of it was 1/2 white 1/2 navy blue Worr paint, and it worked beuatiful. The Bigball was a very dull brown color - really horrible looking ranged from puke green to doodoo brown.... ewwww!

I saved about 80 rounds for testing purposes at home tonight, I'll adjust the settings properly to be prepared for the next day of play at Atomix, probably be next weekend, that place is great!

AGD
01-20-2003, 12:21 PM
Ah I love these stories!!
Thanks!!

AGD

cheetah256
01-20-2003, 12:29 PM
the big ball at atomix is usually not the same color week to week. i've seen it anywhere from purple, to red, to the brown you're describing..

personman
01-20-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by beefstew
---beef----
I would just snap a few highlighters in half and pour them in there:confused:

:p

wyn1370
01-20-2003, 01:58 PM
StygShore,
what day where you up there. Datapimp69, synreal and I where up there from about 7-10 on saturday night.

StygShore
01-20-2003, 02:12 PM
I was up there on Sunday afternoon, couldnt make it Sat, but the guy at the fill station said he saw the Xmags up there on Sat.

I was in the SMP jerset with dragons on it if anyone was up there on Sun.

I think the chick with purple/redish hair that works there is either on this forum, or PB Nation, because she was throwing around a buncha screen names from people on the boards.

I had a great time up there. What did you guys think of the field? I thought prices were not bad ( little high in the pro-shop ) They had food on site, nito fills with registration, fields were pretty clean ( sorry squeegie guy, didnt realize you were still on the field when we started a game :) I was really iffy on the turf, but it was nice, I even had decent traction with work books on, turf shoes or the DYE shoes would be perfect in there!

wyn1370
01-20-2003, 02:57 PM
I actually really like the place. It may not be byop, but the all day air kind of makes up for it. It would be nice if they could get their booster working, they where only filling up to 2900-2600PSI when we where there. It grew less as time went on. The refs aren't too bad, some are actually really good. If you're planning on playing there before Jan. 31 look for a free pass in Real Detroit.

FutureMagOwner
01-20-2003, 03:27 PM
ill give you $40 for the free flow :) and always good to hear these stories :)

cheetah256
01-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
If you're planning on playing there before Jan. 31 look for a free pass in Real Detroit.

can you elaborate a little bit on this?

and yeah, the turf takes a bit of getting used to, but after that, its heaven :)

wyn1370
01-20-2003, 03:38 PM
There is a coupon somewhere in the real detroit news paper. it would be from some time last week. The pass is for free play fee (usually $20). The coupon expires 01/31/03.
Does that help?

Tunaman
01-20-2003, 04:44 PM
about 2 weeks ago...Black cell Teams and PBX teams (mostly mags with level 10) musta fired around 50,000 rounds of bigball and recycled paint off the floor! I dont remember 1 person even mentioning a chopped ball all day. We are forever hooked on AGD! ;) :D :p

cheetah256
01-20-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
There is a coupon somewhere in the real detroit news paper. it would be from some time last week. The pass is for free play fee (usually $20). The coupon expires 01/31/03.
Does that help?

i guess i have to track one down then...