PDA

View Full Version : why?

MINIMAG4LIFE
01-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Why was the sale of the AGD Sydarm to the public stopped? Is there a chance that this awsome marker, may make a come back? I'd give my big toe just to get one of them. Can anyone help me+ find an old one?

FalconGuy016
01-20-2003, 10:42 AM
I want to know to! But to me it seems a little impractical to have a whole seperate mag that ran off c02 cartridges and 10 shot tube when you could just buy a PT Extreme or something, but that is because I dont have money at all. If I had the money to buy it I sure would though but an extreme will do fine for me now

Load SM5
01-20-2003, 10:48 AM
They were never made available to the public, only law enforcment agencies. Your only chance to finding one would be used but expect to pay out for one.

Kevmaster
01-20-2003, 11:19 AM
also, learned at AO Day SC because Muzik asked, Tom wont even service them Sydarms. there is a tiny oring in them that can break that they need a microscope to get out. They dont make them because they are a hassle and it wasnt worth the effort

warpfeedmod
01-20-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
also, learned at AO Day SC because Muzik asked, Tom wont even service them Sydarms. there is a tiny oring in them that can break that they need a microscope to get out. They dont make them because they are a hassle and it wasnt worth the effort

Aren't they basically Classic68's with a feed tube on top and shorder body/barrel?

Jonesie
01-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by warpfeedmod

Aren't they basically Classic68's with a feed tube on top and shorder body/barrel?

No, I thought so too, then inqured about a Sydarm Body to build a 'Stock Class' Mag. Well, in the process I found out that the Sydarm has a smaller body and valve.

Later ~ Jonesie

Cha0tic
01-20-2003, 11:24 AM
no, the valve is slightly different i believe.

to tell you the truth, they aren't very good markers. you would be much happier with a pt extreme or a sydarm...

Load SM5
01-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Cha0tic
no, the valve is slightly different i believe.

to tell you the truth, they aren't very good markers. you would be much happier with a pt extreme or a sydarm...

A PT Extreme or a what?:confused:

;)

RamboPreacher
01-20-2003, 12:08 PM
one word:
SQUALL
http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/SQUALL.html
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/CATALOG/semiautos.htm

MINIMAG4LIFE
01-20-2003, 01:20 PM
I remember about 8 years ago you could buy sydarms at my local store (new in box) for around 600. I would much rather have a reliable mag than a pt enforcer ( those things are crappy) Oh well I wish AGD would look into making a pistol, or at least a tube fed body. something i could throw on my minimag, just for kicks

DiRTyBuNNy
01-20-2003, 01:38 PM
yes..there actually is an oring that's placed in between the two tubes of the gun and it can leak which is what causes some of the guns to fail. I spoke to Tom and he said that they have to place the tiny oring in with a microscope and it's a real pain. Don't get you hopes up but he said he may, at one point in the future, revisit the Sydarm but with an extruded body so he doesn't have to worry about the oring.

Jonesie
01-20-2003, 01:42 PM
With all of the Pump Mag talk of late, I wish he would consider making a Stock Class type body for the Mag. I'd pick on of those up along with a rail and pump kit. :)

Later ~ Jonesie

RamboPreacher
01-20-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie
With all of the Pump Mag talk of late, I wish he would consider making a Stock Class type body for the Mag. I'd pick on of those up along with a rail and pump kit. :)

Later ~ Jonesie slug with custom feed.