PDA

View Full Version : What parts would lower the pressure of a spyder?

Trigger_Happy
01-20-2003, 11:36 AM
I know that I'll never be able to get the pressure very low, but I want it lower. Do you know of any valves, bolts, or LP chamber that you KNOW will do the job?

warpfeedmod
01-20-2003, 11:40 AM
polish the internals, new valve, if it's stock, drill out the ASA to allow more airflow so you wont starve it. It's been a while since i worked on my spyder...if i can think of anything else ill post it back here

Riot[Z-Grip]
01-20-2003, 11:46 AM
Spyder Resources:

http://www.spyderzone.net
http://www.spyderea.net

and there is a spyder chat on irc.webchat.org that is good:
#spyderchat .

These people and sites can direct you to further info. Good Luck.

-Riot

yeahthatsme
01-20-2003, 11:59 AM
this guy does custom low-pressure spyders and has an article on how to do it here (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/project.html)

Pstan
01-20-2003, 12:53 PM
New valve.

New or modded bolt with open flow and no venturi.

New or modded verticle adapter for open flow.

Spring Kit.

And obviously a regulator.

cphilip
01-20-2003, 01:03 PM
That site linked above is OtterSC's site. He is a long time AO member and also a Moderator over at the Kingman site. He may pop in here and answer some of your questions about that.

mikekpball
01-20-2003, 03:15 PM
take away the stock valve and get a new one. what spyder do you have? new asa

thegiantc
01-20-2003, 04:09 PM
I have a low pressure spider that operates at 275-290 psi. The velocity is at 280fps. I spent way too much money on it (approx $550.00). It has AKA Tornado valve, AKA Lightning bolt, ACI low pressure chamber, Palmers Stabilizer reg., Drilled asa, Armson Stealth barrel. Shoots strait and is super quiet. Excellent for the woods. But its just the back up to the tricked out MINIMAG. I have heard that a Lapco Auto Spirit barrel would drop it a little more, but I dont want to Spend that much more.

painball
01-20-2003, 06:55 PM
High flow VA
Tornado Valve
Palmer Male
Palmer Female
Lightning bolt
polished striker maybe

Trigger_Happy
01-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Ok....THose are all great idea's but based on all your suggestions I think I might not make it LP. I care very litle about the spyder, it's only a backup/rental. I just noticed that it breaks quite a bit of paint, and wondered if there was a $40 part that would keep it from beating wach ball with 850psi!

If I need to buy a stab and a bunch of AKALMP parts, (That would have been my plan) the whole thing becomes more than unaffordable! I'd rather buy a $300 impulse!

Tony Arrivo
01-20-2003, 08:39 PM
Use a hammer man...:D

walker2287
01-20-2003, 08:43 PM
a spring kit and polish the parts will go a long way and help a lot

billmi
01-20-2003, 08:53 PM
The following items will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lower the operating pressure of the Spyder

Bolt
Barrel
Valve
Hammer
Low pressure "volumizer" chambers
Springs

The only thing that is going to lower the pressure is a regulator to drop the pressure of the gas supplied to the gun. Depending on your configuration, changing out some of the above listed parts can help it to still operate properly when the pressure has been lowered.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

KamikazeChiKenz
01-20-2003, 09:18 PM
If you want low pressure, buy a marker made to run at low pressures. Sorry I can't help you any further than this but this is what I learned when I owned spyders.

Phil
01-21-2003, 12:38 AM
Anyone else notice that Bill has been laying the smack down as of late? ;)

billmi
01-22-2003, 05:35 PM
No smack, but straightforward, critical analysis.

I do believe this is the first time someone has specifically said that I "own3d."

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

painball
01-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by billmi
The following items will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lower the operating pressure of the Spyder

Bolt
Barrel
Valve
Hammer
Low pressure "volumizer" chambers
Springs

The only thing that is going to lower the pressure is a regulator to drop the pressure of the gas supplied to the gun. Depending on your configuration, changing out some of the above listed parts can help it to still operate properly when the pressure has been lowered.

Uhh. wrong there buddy. Never thought I'd be saying this to you. Well at spyderea.net there are a lot of guys who have spyders at 300psi or even less. I don't really remember. I am not all into upgrading spyders but if you go there and ask em they'll tell you everything you leed to go lp. And everything up there except the barrel and maybe hammer does nower the pressure dramatically.

It all depends on the air flow man. High flow means the lower operating pressure you can go. Trust me.

FutureMagOwner
01-22-2003, 08:44 PM
erm accualy bill is correct i could run my cocker at 200 psi doesnt mean it will work the parts make it so it can tolerated that low its all in how you view things

billmi
01-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by painball

Uhh. wrong there buddy.

No, friend it is you who are mistaken. The parts on that list do not lower the pressure of gas fed to the paintgun.

It all depends on the air flow man. High flow means the lower operating pressure you can go.

That is true. The high flow means you can still operate at a lower pressure. The higher flow capability does not lower the pressure.

I have, on several occasions, met people convinced their blowback paintgun was running on "low pressure" because they had a "low pressure chamber" even through they were feeding the gun with unregulated CO2.

Trust me.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

RAM3139
01-23-2003, 01:44 PM
The only thing that will lower the pressure is the regulator, but the valve, drilled ASA, bolt etc.. allow the gun to cycle(and have playable velocity) at the lower input pressure.
As for lowering the pressure of a spyder, I'd be careful. A lot of people try to get the lowest possible operating pressure, thinking it will make the gun run like a custom LP cocker, but becuase of the parts and spring combination they get horrible effeciency. Another common mistake is in getting a lower pressure, the person uses a very hard mainspring, which will cause a chop more often than high pressure ever will. Save for effeciency if setup right, there isnt much gain performance wise in going LP, so I would work more on better consistency and smoother cycling.
just my 2 cents