PDA

View Full Version : November 22nd is date for AO day South East (in South Carolina)

cphilip
01-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Looking like the best date for it is November 22nd. AGD agree's so that is set now. Going to move the host hotel over to the Ramada Inn so there is a meeting place. Will still get Days Inn rooms as well. Should be able to work out a nice discount at both. Same Field and same prices will be targeted. Similar to the last one but with a few tweeks from lessons learned last year.

Let the hype begin!!! Plenty of time to plan on this one. We had over 114 people here last year. We expect you to turn out and double that.

The entire day including dinner whould be in the same $75 range and that includes a case of good paint! Dinner and field and all day air too! Plus the prizes at the dinner. More later.

New Rule this year...no shooting Tom in the behind. :D

Jonesie
01-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Hopefully I won't have one of those NASTY Saturday Common Exams this year! :mad: I was so upset I could make the last one. I will do my best to be there!

Later ~ Jonesie

paint magnet
01-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Sounds good, still gonna have the 3 man tourney? Are you gonna wear your pie suit again Personman? I'll be bringin pie again!

personman
01-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Uh oh, do I hear a Team Ate all the pies 2???? YAAAAAAAAAH.
I'm gonna break out the pie suit again, but this time, the pie is gonna have electric action baby!
That was so much fun last year, omg im so coming.. w00t

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Dude this sounds sweet! I am so going to this one. Do i have to stay over nite and how far of a drive is clemson from charlotte NC? I dont think it should be a problem. Can i get a little more info on the place and such cphil?

Dayspring
01-20-2003, 02:17 PM
SWEET!!! I will ACTUALLY make it to this one!

cphilip
01-20-2003, 02:20 PM
Yes there will be a Three Man.

Charlotte is an hours and a halfs drive from here. Maybe two at the most depends on traffic and where in Charlotte you are.

There will be plenty more details later on. But you could look at last years threads on it and the field and all is pictured there.

personman
01-20-2003, 02:24 PM
OMG its gonna be great. I'll have my e-mag and stuff and I asked my mom and she said that its fine as long as its not on the holiday festival again!! :D :D I might bring a few friends along, one is hopefully getting a mag this summer after he gets a job (woot) and one has an impulse :rolleyes:
Yea but its gonna be a blast, I'm already excited.

Wc Keep
01-20-2003, 07:38 PM
phil i have one question first. does lee still work at explorers??? and if so does she plan on working there at the time of this meeting??? even if she isnt dont worry phil i still will be making my way down south.

i have nothing but good things to say about sc ao day. germ and the gang at gold dragon paintball were some of the friendliest people i have meet. it was a great day.

cphilip
01-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Up for news. Date changed to 22nd of November and confirmed by AGD. That has to be the one. Plenty of time for you to make plans. This date is a go. Its confirmed. Please talk it up. We had over 114 last year 120 total including additional dinner guests. We expect to double that this year with your help. Again this is a break even event and if there was to be any profit accidentally overrun it will be donated to the Clemson University Paintball Club. They will be the Main Event Staff and Reffing again. The more that turn out the more chance that will happen. It broke even last year so its possible it will help them out too.

WC, Yes she does still work there. I will make sure we request her as one of our wait staff.

Wc Keep
01-21-2003, 01:52 PM
gotta love uncle phil.

phil dont you think that november 22nd is a little late in the year? i know it was the go ahead date from agd but whats the weather like in sc that late in the year?

cphilip
01-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Well it comes and goes. Could be freezing or it could be 70. Its kinda like early Spring here that time of the year. It's all iffy anywhere in November. Its the only date it can be though. We got home Football games every week other than that. World Cup is too close before that and too many things already in early to mid October so that is the only other date they have open. Not realy my first choice but the Boss has spoken! We have a good time no matter what though. Last year we lucked out so lets hope so again! We were only two weeks earlier last year.

Dayspring
01-21-2003, 02:17 PM
Unless one of those big name reality TV shows wants me, I'm there! :D

personman
01-21-2003, 03:46 PM
I think the 22nd is still ok, but I have to double check..
Wow, double the people.. what a good way to make sure we dont meet everyone :p
Well, AGD is coming again, thats something to look forward to..
Well, I'll probally bust out the pie again for a game or two.. maybe not a tourney game though :p

boomerfoxtrot
01-21-2003, 03:58 PM
November 22, 2003..

well, if I'm still alive, I'LL be there along with my CREW =]

PARTY ON

Kevmaster
01-21-2003, 04:08 PM
personman--

I hear a calling for Team Ate All the Pies II....

and everyone, your MOST FAVORITE reporter will be there in attendance...no, josh, i dont mean you...i mean me!

paint magnet
01-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Hey, this time could you see if they can get some HOT wings at Explorers? Last time all they had was terriaki and honey mustard. And the chicken fingers were kinda burnt but it's all good :) What kind of pie should I bring this time?

Oh yeah and Tom, will you resign my jersey, barrel plug, roll of teflon tape and allen wrench set?:D

personman
01-24-2003, 04:01 PM
I like hot wings too! The little sandwiches were really good though..
Defentally Team Ate All The Pies II!!!!!
Oh and I'll wear my TAG visor I won last time (Teh Automag Guy) :p

paint magnet
01-24-2003, 05:12 PM
LOL! So is it me, personman and kevmaster as TAAP2? We had so many players on it last time I cant remember:confused: TK are you coming? What about TAG? Anyway those little sandwiches rocked and the music was good too :)

cphilip
01-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh sure we can go up more heat on them wings. I specifically told them not to so someone would not get burned but I will set up something special for you Hot lovers. If you do not beleive they have hot ones ask Army about the next level up. And that is just one of three more levels! You will be suprised. Buy yea since you asked consider it done. But they will be well marked and seperate from the rest. Sorry if some of the tenders was over done. I didn't see any of that myself but I will speak to them about it. Was it late or early? Cause I ate from the first period and they were not. And this is the first I heard of it.

But no doubt you will get what you want. I need constructive critism to improve. So far I am doing several things differently to accomidate things we learned. Here is a list of them so far that I personaly notice and will change...

We will mix up the food some. Not too much but some. And I will see that there is a Hot wing section for you real hot food people. But be warned. This place REALY DOES make hot wings. No lie. It will have to be well watched do some of the little kids do not get to it. But we will work something out.

The Three man finals will be up top on the three man field so its easier on spectators. The prelims may take place on some other fields. The players realy liked the way it was last time but since this event seems to draw a lot of families we need to make it easier on them to watch too. SO we will flip flop the routine some.

The band will not plug in at all. In fact they do not usually do a PA set up but we were worried the room was too deadening. We had never tried that room before so we didn't know its accoustics. So they will go back to unplugged and thier normal routine. They much prefer it anyway and it will not be so loud. And they can sort of mix more and move around.

There will be more vendors out there this year. And perhaps the onfield food will be stepped up a notch. We may have a BBQ thing going on out there this time.

Kevmaster
01-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Phil...i cant wait....were gunna have blast...as always, call/im/PM me if you need anything of any sort

personman
01-24-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
It will have to be well watched do some of the little kids do not get to it.
I'll find a way past ya :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

paint magnet
01-25-2003, 04:03 PM
No need to go too hot or anything, just maybe something like Texas-Pete hot-ish, don't wanna burn my tongue cause then I can't eat those little sandwiches :D

Is TK coming? TAG?

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-25-2003, 07:33 PM
I have a few Q's what about for the few of us that can't stay overnite, like have to have there mommys come pick them up while the grown ups go drink for the nite.:rolleyes: When will the paintball and dinner events be over?

cris8762
01-25-2003, 08:42 PM
lol...I'm there!!

(ok i'm gonna make sure i can get a ride WELL in advance because i wont be able to drive myself past 9PM at that time, i'd be 1 month shy of my full license!)

i'm in need of a ride from someone (kev maybe? pretty please?!) i can take care of everything else myself..just need a ride to SC, and from field, etc.

I cant wait! Kevin we need to form a NC team of only NC ballers!

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-25-2003, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't mind a ride with some AO guys my self but i dont see that happening I like the NC team idea I think we could kick some arse

Kevmaster
01-25-2003, 09:18 PM
well...ill be going from Durham, through Greensboro and then down to charlotte and then to greenville...anyone on the way...ive got 4 seats...1 seems spoken for

personman
01-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by cris8762
Kevin we need to form a NC team of only NC ballers!
NO!!! NEVaR!!!!
Kev and his xmagness shall play on TAAP2 :p

Last time I stayed at the party until like 10 and then I left and we made it back to Atlanta around 12-1..
The party still went on, but I think it was dying down a little.. It wasnt very interesting for me after paint magnet left, because I really had no one to talk to :p
Its gonna be cool to be back and see how stuff has changed/hasnt sence the last part.. To tell you guys the truth I would rather carpool than go with my mom, because, well its just more fun if you arent hanging around your parents :p

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Are you for serious kev? I can meet you anywhere from hickory to charlotte in that area.

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-25-2003, 09:27 PM
never mind kev, my parents said they would take me

cris8762
01-25-2003, 10:18 PM
yes kev. u do have a seat spoken for!!

woohoo...this'll be awesome...spongebob, wanna start a 3man team? lets talk on AIM

Kevmaster
01-25-2003, 11:17 PM
sponge...if I were you...id want to get a rid with me. id much rather go with another baller as presonman said...rather than go with my 'rents...that is if theyll let you drive with a totalstranger

Kevmaster
01-25-2003, 11:18 PM
oh, yeh, and personman, this time ill actually play :D :D :p hehe

Python14
01-26-2003, 12:27 AM
Hey, I might actually be able to come to this. If anyone is coming from the North, and taking 81 south to 77(into Charlotte), Can I get a ride?:) I hope I can come.

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-26-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
sponge...if I were you...id want to get a rid with me. id much rather go with another baller as presonman said...rather than go with my 'rents...that is if theyll let you drive with a totalstranger

yea the total stranger is the problem there, it also interfers with the last date in the tourney series i play in but i think i can work around that. Are you staying over nite or what? Also kev if we do get this worked out i have no problem paying you and everything. You no any thing i could tell her to help change her mind?

Riotz
01-26-2003, 12:40 AM
Dayspring, you WON'T be there. In fact, none of the Black Cell or PBX will be there because this AO Day falls on the same day as the last tourney for the Global Series. :(

personman
01-26-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Riotz
Dayspring, you WON'T be there. In fact, none of the Black Cell or PBX will be there because this AO Day falls on the same day as the last tourney for the Global Series. :(
That sucks.
Good luck in way way advance.
You guys can really lay paint :p (got me out < 30 secs into the game) :(

Riotz
01-26-2003, 01:56 AM
Well I really want to go with this. And I'm sure the rest of the 10 guys on Black Cell + Mel and others from PBX want to as well. Hopefully they can change the date. =\

Thanks though personman. :)

Army
01-26-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by paint magnet
No need to go too hot or anything, just maybe something like Texas-Pete hot-ish, don't wanna burn my tongue cause then I can't eat those little sandwiches

Believe me, I love hot, spicy stuff, but these wings were getting dangerous! And we weren't even close to the "ya gotta sign a waiver so we aren't responsible for your trip to the burn center" wings yet:) Yeah, I know, you're gonna say; "Nobody makes hot wings I can't eat"...yeah, they do.

Phil, if I have to drive out there this year, I'm coming.

Python14
01-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Do you have to have a mag to come?

Creative Mayhem
01-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Like I said after I couldn't make it last time, "THERE IS NO WAY I'M NOT GOING TO BE THERE!!!!" I'm coming from just outside Toronto, Canada, so if I can give a ride to anyone, or pick them up on the way, let me know... Although my seat is taken, and possibly one more, Oldsoldier, you listening? :D You have no choice, you ARE coming!

Just wait till you see the new toy I bring there! Frausty knows....:D :cool:

C Mayhem

bofh
01-26-2003, 09:49 AM

WooHoo! I'm not carpooling! :)

Otherwise, I should even be able to bring my wife down and make a proper vacation of it.

cphilip
01-26-2003, 11:27 AM
The problem with dates for this is tough. There was only the 1st (Tom nixed that one cause its too close after WC. In fact its the very next weekend after) and the 22nd. So it came down to the 22nd. Its difficult to find one where all can agree on and there is no home football game here in Clemson. We could not get near this place when there is a home football game because the hotels are all full those weekends a year in advance. Nor could we get a place to eat to cater to us. So....its kind of that one or not do it realy. Dang it... :(

paint magnet
01-26-2003, 02:06 PM
lol Army, TNT hotwings makes wings too hot for me... my friend regularly enjoys Zaxby's insane wings with no problem, and had one of their Atomic wings, chugged a 20 oz. coke, had tears running down his face and was standing in front of the fan. And they have 3 levels hotter that arent' even on the menu!

Will somebody please answer my question?IS TOM KAYE COMING? WHAT ABOUT THE ANGEL GUY? :confused:

cphilip
01-26-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet
Will somebody please answer my question?IS TOM KAYE COMING? WHAT ABOUT THE ANGEL GUY? :confused:

I am not going to answer those questions yet but I can say I certainly hope so! But many things can happen between now and then. I will wait till closer to announce things like that. I do not know of any reason at this point they cannot is all I can say. And in fact I still need to talk to TAG about it...I just got this started as to a date that worked with AGD is all. Thats about as far as I have gotten anything confirmed with. The rest I am in discussion stages with. takes a little time.

personman
01-26-2003, 03:37 PM
Get WGP to come so we can laugh and throw pie at them!! :p
Anyway, celeberties or not, its gonna be fun :D

Timmee
01-26-2003, 03:54 PM
I'd like to make it to this year's event (provided I have enough personal time off). Just one thing: I'm a northerner, is that a problem? ;)

Wc Keep
01-26-2003, 07:44 PM

NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevmaster
01-26-2003, 11:13 PM
Spongebob....

Yes, ill be staying overnight. Prolly comming down friday afternoon...saturday and coming home sunday :)

As for letting your parents have me take you...theres not much i can do. my parents are the same way...you can ask Chris and KVille here on the forums that im not a terrible driver....ive had my liscence since April '01...and ive yet to get in a wreck/speeding ticket/anything else

Riotz
01-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by bofh
WooHoo! I'm not carpooling! :)

Otherwise, I should even be able to bring my wife down and make a proper vacation of it.

WHAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! WHAT'S THAT BUZZING SOUND? :D

Riotz
01-27-2003, 12:43 AM
Oh yea. Tom if you read this. You gotta do something about the date or allot of us from PBX won't be able to make it. :(

Wc Keep
01-27-2003, 07:04 AM
tom please help about 20 pbx people out.

Dayspring
01-27-2003, 10:16 AM
PLEASE!!! :(

Kevmaster
01-27-2003, 01:37 PM
yeh...please...i wanna shoot these bastards ;)

cris8762
01-27-2003, 03:49 PM
lol kev, ur such good driver..lol

remember when we were going to golden corral after the game? lol

Kevmaster
01-27-2003, 04:13 PM
heh...ok...so im a LUCKY driver... :D

But like i coulda stopped at the line...jeez...i didnt stand a chance of stoping...so i HAD to run it..and im lucky the po at the intersection didnt come after me :p

Wc Keep
01-27-2003, 04:15 PM
yeh...please...i wanna shoot these bastards ;)

the feeling is mutual. jk

Kevmaster
01-27-2003, 06:34 PM
hehe
/me goes and runs for cover!

paint magnet
02-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Any updates yet?

paint magnet
02-20-2003, 04:39 PM
TTT

So what's going to happen, still a go for the 22nd?

personman
07-20-2003, 06:49 PM
I dug up this thread just because im interested to know if phil has worked on it anymore..
I'm looking forward to coming!

SpongeBobSquarePants
07-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Good job, I would also like some more info.

cris8762
07-20-2003, 07:07 PM
YAY! i got my license so i can drive there now!

neone else that will need a ride contact me and we can talk.

Kevmaster
07-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Rumor has it there is a huge scenario game AGD is pushing that is the same weekend in MD....maybe will know more later, but it seems we may be doing that as "AOSC" instead of the REAL AOSc...although thats all hearsay

cphilip
07-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Its not all rumor Kev. There is some truth to it. A good bit actualy but its all less than two weeks old and with me on vacation and then IAO its not all jelled.

Actualy I am working on something and at Toms request. And there may be some changes. As you know this was AO South East more than anything even though the first one was in SC and I had envisioned one day it would move around some. I did not realy expect it to begin this quickly but it may. I also envisoned one at Bob Sandifers area in Dalton and also then maybe Paintball Charleston as well. Although this would be news to them I had planned on talking about it with them and seeing how we could rotate it around the SE. And now this thing up in DC comes around this year and so it is now on top of the list this year for AO SE event. Kind of unexpected but still technicaly in the SE so its very likely it will move there this year at this point in time. So just to let you know we were starting to look at anywhere in the SE for this annual event. And so there MAY be some big changes in this early plan. I am working on those contacts and all this next coming week. I need to talk with Rob Hoover and then Tom again after I talk to the organizers of that event. But with everyone at IAO its difficult to do much. I expect to tell you more details in a few weeks. I also do not want to do much talking about it until after AO NJ is over.

personman
07-20-2003, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure if that is such a great idea. Lots of people (like me for instance :rolleyes: ) could make it to Gold Dragon with little persuasion to their parents. Going to MD or DC or whatever is a diffrent story however. It would be hell to try to get my parents to take me up there or even get a ride. On a side note I think AO GA was actually getting ready to have a small meet, maybe it could be magnified? http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85299

SpongeBobSquarePants
07-20-2003, 10:59 PM
I agree with you person, I think SC is the best. It just a state or at most two away from everyone.

paint magnet
07-21-2003, 05:33 PM
The guy at Gold Dragon seems to think you're having it there... not only does he still have the sign up from last year but when I mentioned it to him he said he thought they were having it this year on the 22nd and that they were even building/expanding more fields for it.

Kevmaster
07-21-2003, 08:13 PM
personman, not to diss you, but although it may be harder for you---its easier for a lotta people in VA, MD, DC, NJ, PA, etc.....

pick a place...its hard for some easy for others.

me, personally? Id like it better at gold dragon just beucase less riff raff will be there to piss me off...however i will go anywhere

IcantBelieveit
07-21-2003, 08:57 PM
well looking like my crew and i might be able to roll with some brothers...soo fingers crossed we will be there.

actually dc,md,va and all are considered the mid-atlantic states. but whoes keeping track?

anyhow...we will probably go anywhere...soo keep up updated:)

personman
07-21-2003, 09:21 PM
personman, not to diss you, but although it may be harder for you---its easier for a lotta people in VA, MD, DC, NJ, PA, etc.....
Yea, except its AO SE...
What happened to flordia, GA, Alabaamba, SC, and TN? are they not in the SE?