PDA

View Full Version : thinking of buying an automag

-=Squid=-
01-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Im thinking of buying an automag for backup to my timmy, and I have a few questions. I want to buy a black minimag, and wondered will all upgrades (lvl 10, retrovalve, Iframe splash kits, etc) fit on it? Do I need any special parts to run on nitrogen? What else will I need to know before I buy one? Also, where can I get decent splash kits besides PBGear, and whats the cheapest place to buy a black minimag?

FalconGuy016
01-20-2003, 02:22 PM
All AGD upgrades will fit automags, and there are splash kits for it to. With a retro valve, you CANT run c02, and its best to run nitro anyways because mags dont run very well on them without taking precausions (like expansion, antisiphon, stuff like that)

That gun will probably fly by your timmy! :)

-=Squid=-
01-20-2003, 02:24 PM
Thanks for asnwering most of my questions. Know where I can get a black mini for under 300 new? And also a splash kit?

digitard
01-20-2003, 02:31 PM
New, unlikely ... but if ya can its gonna be the bare setup.

But I'm sure you can get a good used ones (and because AGD uses the "star" system warrenty as long as it has stars left on the valve you get warrentied) in the MARKERS forum ... which is probably your best bet, cause you'll not only get the mag but probably a few mini upgrades.

And as for the HPA, if you get a preset tank you can just screw it right into your ASA (recommend a drop forward)

Sincerely,
Dave k

Jonno06
01-20-2003, 02:33 PM
try www.888paintball.com

FalconGuy016
01-20-2003, 02:36 PM
be warned: 888 paintball sells blemished items
pbgear has minimags for 280 , but they are gray

-=Squid=-
01-20-2003, 02:42 PM
ya, I think I may have to settle for a 355 black one from PBarmory or a grey for 280. And oh my, 888Pb are 500! Screw that! I may just get a grey upgrade the body later. But still need to know where to get a good splash kit, preferably eclipse. It must include a foregrip. Also, what about the barrels? Do different feeds use different types? I know nothing about the crazed twist n click system.

FalconGuy016
01-20-2003, 02:44 PM
I think pbgear has splash kits,

digitard
01-20-2003, 02:47 PM
There's 2 types of mag barrels mainly ...

1) HL/HR: Has the left/right for hopper left and hopper right mags.

2) CF: Center feed barrels

Sincerely,
Dave K

Jonno06
01-20-2003, 02:47 PM
no,minimags use same barrels...and for forgrips..i had a ACI forgrip on mine,and I loved it..many people on AO have one.(i had minimag also)

-=Squid=-
01-20-2003, 02:58 PM
I really want the blue eclipse splash, the one with the foregrip, body rail, and everything. Anyone know where to get one? Also, thanks for the help everybody! And I got N2 already, but will it be worth it to go retro? What are the benefits?

digitard
01-20-2003, 03:04 PM
If you do a search you'll find very comprehensive posts on the RT valve.

But if you upgrade the valve get the XValve (since you have stock now).

With the Xvalve you get the ReTro valve but w/ a lighter body and included level 10 kit.

This mean:
Reactive Trigger
Faster Recharge Rate
lighter aluminum body
Level 10 anti chop kit

The valve system is the same used in the rt/emag/xmag's .. its the best you can get! and include the level 10 and there goes any possible ball chops ...

Sincerely,
Dave K

-=Squid=-
01-20-2003, 03:14 PM
Question about the bodies. Are they the same? Say if I were to buy a minimag, would I be able to use a classic body with it? Not that I want to, I just want to know if there is a difference. If there isnt, say I wanted a black vert feed body, but they only have RT verts, would I be able to buy one and use it instead of my stock body?

digitard
01-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Yes ... Minimags use the standard rail which can support a classic body, emag body, center feed body, etc .... pretty much everything but the original RT

Sincerely
Dave K

-=Squid=-
01-20-2003, 03:29 PM
wOOt...I should have the money for a mini in about 1-2 weeks.

digitard
01-20-2003, 03:31 PM
FYI .. If you put a Emag body or something on that rail, you might need to shave the connection down a bit (you'll see) but its very simple.

Basically MInimags are IDENTICAL to classic mags except for the body and the vertical asa... same valve system/etc

Sincerely,
Dave K

p.s only post your signature once per thread please :)

-=Squid=-
01-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Thanks for all your help guys, but still nobody has told me about eclipse splash kits lol. Well?

banzaimf
01-20-2003, 04:20 PM
I would check out this link and ask the people listed under eclipse aftermarket products.

http://www.planeteclipse.com/www2001/site/distributors.html

Tunaman
01-20-2003, 04:28 PM
It's your lucky day Squiddy! I have what you want. Email me asap before its gone. ;)