PDA

View Full Version : drop forward set up?

CBlackjr
01-20-2003, 03:54 PM
For those that have a similar set up(as seen below) waht kind of drop forward do you use. I would like to set the tank as far forward as possible so the gun is as compact as possible. I running out of money (especially with the x valve being the next part to be installed) so I can't afford getting one of the flatline regulators so i need something that got the valve that i can screw the air tank into.

Also thanks to all the members on this board from their tech knowledge to good advice i am proud present the birth of a new automag

CBlackjr
01-20-2003, 03:56 PM
starboard view

CBlackjr
01-20-2003, 03:57 PM
port view

DeathscytheSK
01-20-2003, 07:12 PM
thats a beauty, congrats on the mag, I have a feeling everyone will say the KAPP DZII drop forward, they can make your tank really get up there, and make it nice and compact
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1723_82642699

EsPo
01-20-2003, 08:26 PM
that drop is probably not compatible with that foregrip, unless you put a spacer in there, i have a very short fore grip, and a dz, and the dz just clears it.

magerman52
01-21-2003, 12:23 AM
i am making custom drops how ever far forward you want it and how far down you want it for 17.00 not colored and 23.00 colored. pm me if interested

DeathscytheSK
01-21-2003, 01:53 AM
I personally don't like those DZ drops, I got a CP Flame drop and I like it alot, fits perfect for me, maybe you should check those out or a Shocktech drop, heard those are really good too

joeyjoe367
01-21-2003, 02:19 AM
Go with a system-x on/off drop. They're a lot longer than you'd think.

One thing, you don't want to have that drop TOO long. I had a very long drop on my warped Mini, and your face ends up *IN* the hopper, and that's no fun. YOu want to be able to shoulder the gun comfortably.

jwren00
01-21-2003, 11:58 AM
i want to get a system-x drop for my new 91 c.i. stubby bulldog. the small x-ten doesnt drop it far enough forward though, do you think my tank will be too big to fit the x-ten long drop? anybody have a pic of one of those mounted onto the marker with the tank and everything? thanks for the info...

covadsucks
01-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Try a Shocktech Fullsize drop. It'll move the tank a total of five inches -approx. Nice drops, real sturdy and look sharp too. Check out www.paintballgear.com or www.buyshocktech.com for a pic of the drop.

PsychoBaller
01-21-2003, 02:16 PM
I just got one o these babys for my SFL Emag...shiny red Shocktech Drop Forward.... very nice n light.. and keeps ur tank nicely forward to keep it nice and tight.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/031-8000.html

~da baller

johnny dee
01-21-2003, 05:14 PM
yeah a drop would make your gun look nice, i can sell you a black pychoballistics dropfoward for 20 bucks if u want it pm me if u are interested, its the old kind so its a big drop and has a nice cradle on it...

qbano65
01-22-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by EsPo
that drop is probably not compatible with that foregrip, unless you put a spacer in there, i have a very short fore grip, and a dz, and the dz just clears it.

Hey does anyone actually make spacers for that or am I just goin to have to make one on my own???

mtnkid
01-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Ive got that same foregrip (dead on) and Ive got a tactical cradel w/ on/off and gauge and it puts my 68cu tank even w/ the back of the valve . Ive got macroline on it and it BARELY clears it. It touches the 90* macroline fitting but it clears it. also its adjustable.

ZyperioN
01-23-2003, 06:01 PM
hey it may not be the prettiest but the PMI/TKO cradle can really drop your tank. at paintballgear.com u can get the TKO cradle (exact copy of the PMI) for $30. i have one and i love the thing to death.

Peach
01-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
I just got one o these babys for my SFL Emag...shiny red Shocktech Drop Forward.... very nice n light.. and keeps ur tank nicely forward to keep it nice and tight.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/031-8000.html

~da baller

I have one of these on my RT-minimag(The samesetup as you minus warp + a retro valve) and E-mag...

The shockteck drops are good and fit on the mag, most wont.