PDA

View Full Version : E-mags/X-mag questions

Blak Magic
01-20-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey,

I have a few questions about these mags. What is the difference between a E-Mag and an X-Mag

Has anyone here shot a GOOD cocker, not a stock one, but a cocker with a nice barrel and stuff, how does both of those mags stand up accuracy/consistancy/range wise.

I have extra money, and my cocker is totaly done. I love warp feeds thats why i got a 90 degree rigth feed body custom made for my cocker. What does a E-mag or X-mag have that i can get for a left hander to use with a warp. Any right feeds or 90 degree feeds or something?

How hard is it to main-tain a E-mag/X-mag.

If I bought either of the 2, what would I have to look for in my purchase to make sure its a working marker, like if there is a special charger ect.

I use a cross fire 48 4500 tank with 850 psi output, should i get one with a lower output?

When I ask about the accuracy/consistancy/range of a E-mag or a X-mag I want to know about STOCK ones. If you really think that they dont match up are there any 'upgrades' that will help accuracy range ect ect.

Thanks a bunch, I just love the looks of SOME mags, they look so small and compact, if I like it alot, i may sel my cocker *haahhhahaha not.* :D :D

yeahthatsme
01-20-2003, 06:38 PM
everything shooting the same speed is gonna have the same distance, accuracy is just gonna depend on the barrel not the gun, and consistancy is gonna be about the same. its more or less preferance.

puckmaster
01-20-2003, 07:38 PM
An x-mag is just an E-mag , but with ACE, LVL 10 pre-installed, Aluminum body, Aluminum valve, and has cocker threaded barrels. I think it also has a on/off botton.

Do a search on X-Mags, and you'll find more than enough info.

FalconGuy016
01-20-2003, 08:06 PM
The great thing about the stock X-Mag is that is has EVERYTHING already, you will NOT be disappointed with an xmag

Extremely easy to maintain (nothing like a cocker to take apart and clean)
Extremely reliable, just the way it is, only one moving part really (bolt)
Fast :)

Cyberious
01-20-2003, 09:26 PM
Well I currently have a Chris Cole Cocker (basically a Free Flow with a screw in bolt rather than a pin). I also have a new System X Vengeance cocker. Both are high end, I spent about 1500 for the Cole Cocker initially but have put another 400 into it and paid 650 for the System X. I mainly got them for back ups and because I try to get friends to tag along when I go play.

That being said I still choose my Emag as my primary marker. Actually I just ordered a new X-Mag and hope to get it Friday. The Cockers are nice but I only really use them when I get low on paint at the end of the day since they have a much lower rate of fire. There is no difference in accuracy out to about 100 feet using the same barrel (Dye Boomstick) and same paint. I've used my Emag in tourneys (I'm a back player) and have yet to find someone stupid enough to charge me. The rate of fire that they are capable of is almost unfair. Setup properly they work well for any position on the field.

You will need a higher output tank like the one you already have especially if you get the level 10 mod. Buying an adjustable tank for an Emag is a waste since it needs the higher pressure.

That is my two cents.

Regards

Mossman
01-20-2003, 10:36 PM
It's all been answered already, but I'll try to get at the stuff people have swerved around

Maintanance- A few drops of oil in your air line and 30 shots w/o a barrel are all you need for a day of play (actually a few days of play if you wanna get technical, but why not do it all the time when its that easy :) )

All you'd need is a Retro parts kit standing by. Let me tell you that I've had a lot of mags and I'd say the ratio of parts replaced because I lost them is a lot higher than o-rings that wore out or split, probably 4:1 or something :)

Your tank is perfect. I find Xfire screwins to be great, they're right on the cusp of the pressure needed to get high reactivity if you want it but it wont runaway on you.

If money really isnt an issue get an Xmag over an Emag. YOur cocker barrels will work with it, it is light, pretty, and top of the line. You won't break paint in the breech with it, and that's the bottom line.

There's a 1/8 allen key hole in the back of the valve. That's the answer to every range problem you will ever have.

rdrunner69
01-21-2003, 12:35 AM
Stay with the cocker. I just bought a brand new xmag and have had nothing, but problems with it. I spent 1500 for it shipped. Go raced, I did. I should have bought another minimag. Would have been happier.

Mossman
01-21-2003, 12:37 AM
Yo, i'll hook u up with a raced cocker and a minimag for that Xmag :)

puckmaster
01-21-2003, 01:16 AM
rdrunner69, call AGD Europe and I'm sure they will get you taken care of as far as getting that gun working. AGD has GREAT customer service.

rdrunner69
01-21-2003, 03:55 AM
I've got a mini mag and a raced boxer. Sorry.
I live in CA