PDA

View Full Version : Stripped Screw Removeal?

Hemorrhage
01-20-2003, 06:56 PM
My front frame screw (the screw that goes in front of the trigger) is stripped. The trigger is in the way to use pliers, and allen wrenches don't work. Does anyone know how to remove it? Also I am getting an Intelliframe in 2 days. if it involves cutting the trigger guard off the frame that's all right by me. JUST TELL ME HOW TO GET THIS GOD D*** F****** THING OFF.....please :D Thank-you!

Nobody077
01-20-2003, 07:15 PM
If you have a dremel you could try cutting a slot in the screw head and use a standered blade screwdriver to get it out.

la690
01-20-2003, 07:58 PM
put it in a vice amd grind the head off. then it comes right out. i had the same problem nd it only took a few min but be pateint as to not grind the frame or trigger.

Hemorrhage
01-20-2003, 09:06 PM
I don't have a dremmel, and I didn't understand the whole grinding thing... it would still be screwed in right?

Hemorrhage
01-21-2003, 05:18 PM
Anyone? (I'm getting my intelli tomorrow does it come with a screw?)

Blennidae
01-21-2003, 05:50 PM
I think what la690 had in mind was, remove the head and when the frame comes off, you will have a threaded rod sticking out of your body. Use pliers to unscrew it. Does that make sense?

Hemorrhage
01-21-2003, 05:57 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... right right I get it now. And how do I grind it off? heh I messed up the frame pretty good already, I just want it off!

la690
01-22-2003, 02:26 PM
did you get it? sorry i ddint pay attention to this thread to follow up with answers.

Hemorrhage
01-23-2003, 03:24 PM
Yes I got it off yesterday. My intelliframe (flat black with blade trigger GET ONE) came yesterday but I also had to be at work. What to do? I eventually drilled a hole through the frame on either side of the frame on either side of the screw. So like O||O that on each side of the frame. That ALMOST worked, but didn't, so I just kinda took hold of the grip and pulled. Part of it broke off and I had to rip the rest (in front of the screw) off. It worked. And my frame looks so nice... need to find a front frame screw now tho.. ehh.. Thanks for all the help guys, by the way I took off the all black stickies and put on my own (with the silver DYE logo)I also have black rust-oleum (Specialty: HIGH HEAT) guess it'll work? And am debating whether or not to paint my h/l standard feed gray body black, or splurge and get a $150 black powerfeed h/l minimag body (they look niiiiiiice) *sigh* decisions, decisions, decisions...