PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters

silenttype
01-20-2003, 07:04 PM
When I got into paintball I always said I wouldn't play tourneys because of cheaters, I play for fun.
Last year I started playing tournies and am amazed at the amount of cheating that goes on.
Profesional whipers, are everywhere plus now the pros are sniping players from the grassy knowl-??mound or a handy tree.
Pisses me off when you lose to a team that cheated.:mad:

beefstew
01-20-2003, 07:05 PM
h.well basicly everyone cheats, and it sucks to lose because someone cheated. this is how alot of people start cheating. just dont sink 2 their level

Jonno06
01-20-2003, 07:35 PM
thats why i havent played any real tournies either. Ill stick to my "fair" rec-ball for now.

i would never cheat.

Smoke
01-20-2003, 07:36 PM
Oh boy, let's not get into THIS again. If you wanna read the debates we had on cheating, check out Salm speaks out.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62731&highlight=Salm+Speaks+Out

FalconGuy016
01-20-2003, 07:39 PM
a lot more cheating goes on in the woods (and is MUCH easier to do) than in the speedball field, which is why I am begining to like speedball. Generally there is always a ref you can call to check the guy, and hits are so much more obvious in speedball

But thats just at my field

I hate cheaters

davidnj
01-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Sad but true, there are people who cheat during rec games. My friends and I usually play at Skirmish USA (Pa.) but we've had to stop going there on the 'play for free if you bring your own guy day' as those days seem to bring out the worst cheaters.

We've gone to their 'free' days about 5 times and 4 of those times we've left (with a full refund for the day and a free pass) because of the horrible cheating that goes on.

Short story. We were playing a small field, center hang game. We felt the team had been cheating all day. One of their players gets the flag and returns it to our base. The guy had no less than 10 breaks on his 'flak' jacket. This is pointed out to the ref, who asks the player if he had been shot. The player replies 'nope, those are from last game'.

You might think 'see, they weren't from the last game.' But...the same player also 'won' the game before ;|

At that point us, and another 5 man group from our team left the field.

We recently started going to Top Gun in south jersey, we've had a MUCh better time there so far. No cheating and the refs are really on top of things.

CRog075
01-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Yeah cheaters suck, but I also did it once on accident. One tourny, I had my hat on backwards, got shot on the bill I guess and went to go see if I got shot on it (cuase I felt somtin) well, I didnt feel anything, but later that game, turns out I did get shot there, and by feelings, I whiped it off. I dunno how I didnt feel it tho.....

But one game later that day, off the break, they were shooting at us mad, so the ref checked me as I was in the back. Well, as I slid to my bunker, my barrel got muddy on the end, so I went to whip the dirt off, than the ref came up to me and I said "Its dirt" and I guess he thought it was paint and called me out :rolleyes: