PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve: I'd like some opinions.

davidnj
01-20-2003, 07:40 PM
Hi all, I've had my minimag for about 5 months now and have the following upgrades:

lvl 10 bolt
i-frame w\blade trigger hooked up to my 12v revy

I have the freak system with the all-american front
I run on nitro (will be buying a flatline system soon)

Basically there isn't much left for me to do with this gun except get the Xvalve. However if I were to do this, I wouldn't be trading my old valve in. I'd keep the old valve and for fun, build another mag around it.

What Im wondering is, what do the people who have used the Xvalve (or ReTro valve I imagine) think about them? I shoot pretty fast without one will this help (even if only by a little bit) with my ROF? Is the recharge rate noticably better (very rarely have I had 'shootdown' problems with my mag)?

Thanks for your thoughts on the Xvalve :)

David

/edit thought I had my minimag for longer than I actually have ;p 5 months, not a year heh.

darklord
01-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Well I don't have an X-valve, but I do have an e-mag. I used to have a LX mini with an i-frame, and I can tell you this: the X-valve/ReTro is worth every penny, and then some. What you read here on the forums is no lie. This will increase your rate of fire considerably. No shootdown isn't the first thing you notice when you shoot one, but rather, the reactive trigger. However if you crave an electro trigger, I strongly suggest getting an e-mag. Back when I had my mini, I could rip on it easily, but not as easily as I can on my e-mag. That's my $0.02.

davidnj
01-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks for your reply. Just thought I should mention, I actually will be getting an Emag this year. But before I do that, I want to fully upgrade my mini as my backup\gun for my friends to use. The mag I'll build around my old valve will be a gift for my younger brother.

Hope to get a few more replies about the Xvalve since there's no way for me to test it out before I buy one. I don't know anybody in my area that has one.

folder504
01-20-2003, 08:43 PM
Well, how much do you want to spend to shoot a little faster? I actually enjoy playing with just my PGP against semi's, even in speedball. I use an average of about 20 balls a game with it, but still get several eliminations a day. How much is it going to help to shoot a bit faster?

Tunaman
01-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Trust me...the Xvalve rips soooooooo Bad. Nothing on this planet can touch it. I have first hand experience....;) :D ;)

Smoken
01-21-2003, 12:04 AM
The X-Valve is a wonderful thing. If you order one, remember that they come from AGD tuned for reliability. You can improve them if you know what you're doing or have someone who knows what they're doing help you. When tuned well, the X-Valve will make you wonder whether or not you really need that Emag.
Oh yeah, they're crazy light-weight too.

davidnj
01-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Ok guys, thanks for the input. Your confidence in the Xvalve convinced me to order one (when they get back in stock ;( again). Thanks for your replies.

Oh..tunaman, who makes the cover on your nitro tank? I really like that and Ive never seen one like it with the zipper.

/edit nm Im blind >< I see the 'dye' marking on it heh.

puckmaster
01-21-2003, 01:07 AM
That tank cover is made by dye.