PDA

View Full Version : The star system

Grayso
01-20-2003, 08:26 PM
I found an automag I am wanting to buy and I'm curious about the star system. The gun I want has one star on the valve. Does this mean it has been repaired 3 times, or just 1? Does AGD add or remove stars for each repair? Also, once all the stars are used up, what does that mean? That it's no longer under warranty? Oh, and would it be worth it to buy a 1 star gun, or should I get a newer one? Do the stars neccecarily mean the gun is in bad shape?

davidnj
01-20-2003, 08:37 PM
Doesn't mean its in bad shape, just means that the valve has been repaired by AGD twice. A new valve will have 3 stars on it.

Personally I'd look more for a mag with more stars on the valve. If you have the option, test the gun out before you buy it.

rikkter
01-20-2003, 08:38 PM
the stars on the valve mean how many LEFT you have for a free service. if theres one star, you can send it in and they'll fix it for free. only once tho, they'll remove the star after.
after the stars are up, i believe its 30 or 60 each time you send it back in for them to repair it, i can't recall on the top of my head.

i believe minimags have 3 stars, and the AIR valves only have 1. but trust me, the mag is a awesome gun and very easy to maintain. buy a parts kit and you'll probably end up never really having to send it in for service.

personman
01-20-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by davidnj
A new valve will have 3 stars on it.
Thats not true. My mag came brand new with 1 star on it. It all depends on what model it is. I seriousally doubt the mag you are looking at has been serviced two times (mags are usually more durable than that)

billmi
01-20-2003, 08:56 PM
If it has ever been sent in for service after the 90 day warranty is up, there would be small divots where the other stars were drilled out.

The important thing is - it has one star. That means you can send it in for a service/rebuild free of charge.

Also, you can get it repaired free of charge without giving up that star by taking it to AGD's booth at a major paintball tournament.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Grayso
01-20-2003, 09:32 PM
I tested it out, and it seemed to shoot about good as a new one. I think I will buy it, as soon as I get the money.

cheetah256
01-20-2003, 10:16 PM
yeah, i think it was mini-mag valves that came with 3 stars, and standard AIR valves came with 1...i might be wrong though...

TylerDurden
01-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Minimags have 4 stars.

Mossman
01-21-2003, 02:15 AM
Mini's have 4, PF classics 3, Direct feed classics 1, but I think they're dropping mini's and PF's down to 2. I've had a bunch of mags and never sent any of em in for service, and never had a mag with a used star.