PDA

View Full Version : Which Impulse is best for under $700?

Trigger_Happy
01-20-2003, 10:09 PM
Thre are SOOOOOOO many custom impys these days, and many stock modded impys (which I'm not aginst in the slightest).

I wan to know which is the best "deal". You know, the most bang for the buck. I'm into function over looks, but looks are good too!

I have a budget of $700, but sice the price on used impys varies so much, don't let that slow you down from suggesting a higher priced one!

If you are going to suggest an impy, QUOTE AN APPROXIMATE PRICE!!!!!

Also, I'd like to take an informal poll to decide if vision is really an asset and why. Thanks!

*EDIT* Who knows about thes "magnetic triggers"? How do they work? Are they a good asset? Any thoughts on the Adrenalin Imp?

aint_got_no_nubbinz
01-20-2003, 10:12 PM
the vision is a great asset, GREAT.

AcemanPB
01-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Yeah if your looking for the most bang for your buck then I would get a plain vision Imp then put a tapeworm, delrin bolt, and blade trigger on it. The whole set up will cost you a little over 600 bucks.

You could also get some of the nice "custom" imps but I'm not sure if you could get vision with them AND keep it under 700

RRfireblade
01-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Non vision Rat=$600
Fully loaded w/ everything you REALLY need.LPR is nice but mostly for effeciency.A Halo B is 50 bucks less than the cheapest vision upgrade so you do the math.

Jay.

FYI, I have 3 Imps, all different.

Trigger_Happy
01-20-2003, 10:32 PM
What does the rat have that I REALLY need? I'm not saying it doesn't have nice things, I just need explenations! I know nothing!

Phil
01-21-2003, 12:34 AM
AcemanPB hit the nail on the head. Unless you want milling thats your best bet for performance vs dollars. Definately get the vision. These guns blaze.

RRfireblade
01-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Delrin bolt,stainless hammer,volumizer,tape worm,blade trigger,Ti pull pin,High rise feed tube(or Low),freak barrel w/ insert,fully tested and tuned BEFORE you get it,lifetime service warranty and all the fancy milling you need.

Pretty much does it.

All that's left is an LPR set up if you want it.Personally,I think they are plenty effecient with out it already but hey, everyone needs more toys.

Your choice.

Here's one of mine.

Jay.

RRfireblade
01-21-2003, 12:49 AM
P.S.
A vision Imp will run you $525-$550. Then you need pretty much everything I listed that's around $100-$150 ballpark.If you have a really quick hopper you don't really need vision.If you have a slow hopper and vision you still shoot slow.Get an Egg or Halo and let 'er rip !

Jay.

Trigger_Happy
01-21-2003, 11:08 AM
I've officailly decided that vision is not my friend, my halo is ;)

I will either get a stock upgraded, or a custom one that has all the frills already. It all depends on where I see a good price on one. PM me offers if you have any, guys!

Ultimator
01-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Go Rat, all the way. A Project Rat runs $600, or $650 with LPR. You already have a HALO, so you'll pretty much be done. Here's my RAT:
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=604922

I'm one of those people that swear by LPRs. It's one of the cheapest upgrades and it really helps both efficiency and consistency. Read over this site and bookmark it, it should answer any question you could possibly have about Impulses:
http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/ImpulseFAQ.html

Good luck with your decision!

Skoad
01-21-2003, 06:35 PM
http://www.logicpaintball.com/logic.html

impulse666
01-21-2003, 08:55 PM
I say get a stock impy 400-450. Eclipse Lpr kit with a palmers rock, 100. Blade trigger- 30. derlin bolt, 30-50.
Some tipe of light pull pin, 20. Drop forward of your choice. Everything under 700.