messing about in photoshop...

Which one looks best?

Logo 1

Sinnet
01-20-2003, 11:45 PM
logo 2

shartley
01-21-2003, 08:01 AM
Is that a “logo” or a Web Site Header Banner/Image?

As for which one looks best, I will honestly advise working on it a lot more.

If it is a “logo” you will want to use limited colors and clear idea and format. You don’t want it to be “busy”. Half tones should be avoided if possible.

If it is a header graphic, you will want to keep in mind that it will be taking up space. It needs to be as short as possible and still give the information needed. The easiest way to do this is to put the text on the left and the pictures of the players (if that is what you want to use) on the right of the text. One idea that would be fun (using the same type of image you are now using), is to make it look like the players are actually shooting the text. You could put paint splatters on some of the letters (they MUST be size proportional for this to work… too big and it will not be as affective.

I hope this helps in some way.

pito189
01-21-2003, 08:41 AM
I think it is kinda big, if you are going to use it on the top as a banner. The paint splats on the letters would be great!:)

JEDI
01-21-2003, 08:49 AM
I like the picture in #1. It has a lot of action and movement. It would look good as a top banner. My only criticism would be its size. Not length, but height. I dont know how you could slim it, without losing its effectivness. Maybe it will work as is. Give us a link when its done.

Creative Mayhem
01-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Sory to say but it's not logo material. It would however make a fantastic header/banner of your site. Like Sam said, a logo should not be too busy and should be relatively small is size. The logos you provided look more like just pictures and don't get you name out quickly.
If you don't believe me take a look around, almost all site logos are small or more concise with usually just the company's name being included. Example: look at SHartley's, simple, clean, and yet quick to reach the eye. If you want a great logo, just stick to the name and a ery small graphic to accent the name, not the other way around. Like I said before, the logos you have here, would make terrific headers/banners. I say keep them for just that. Hope this helps.

C Mayhem

Sinnet
01-21-2003, 11:11 AM
yeah, my bad, I meant header/graphic. Link buttons would be right below it, and the graphic would only be on the main page (maybe just the buttons on the others) because of its size.

thanks for the input!

Will Wood
01-21-2003, 11:59 AM
What's this for?

Well.. either way, the 2nd one is just horrible :)

Common.. you can do better than that in photoshop. MSpaint will allow ya to add that text. And if your also bored you can resize some bennets pictures for me to use on the website :D