PDA

View Full Version : xmag losing electricity

roczilla
01-21-2003, 04:00 AM
Well played with xmag at the never say die again scenerio in marina california by blackcat productions this last weekenend and had a few bugs pop up. The close quarter in fighting in the prison setup was intense and outrageous. after a few skirmishs my xmag was covered with paint..so i wiped it off and returned to the field only to find that the emode keep shutting off as soon as you would pull the trigger. . so i would turn off the switch ..turn it back on and the same thing would happen...as long as i didnt pull the trigger the electric indicater on the led would continue to flash but after a trigger pull, no more emode... so i just flipped it to manual and continued to play..so that emode to manual mode is definately a life saver..but still puzzeled about the loss of electricity. I noticed that the xmag has lots of places that paint can seep into the wiring and electronics of the gun. i think this should be addressed with a tighter fitting battery and also the grips need to be a little larger to cover the gaps left open to prevent paint seepage. after completely taking apart the gun cleaning the board , blowing out the wires and letting it sit for a day everything is up and working so i assume it was due to wet connections? anyone else have problems similar or any input? Also anyway to turn the hypermode off while in manuel so its turney legal?

Havoc_online
01-21-2003, 04:35 AM
replied to your Email:)

Divian
01-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Yep, I had this same problem.

The biggest fault I see is in the grips like you said. The front and back dont seal at all, and even fold open a bit leaving the board and wiring quite vulnerable.

Divian

oldsoldier
01-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Hey, heres just an idea, nothing I have tried yet. Take the grips off, put permatex around the outside edge, and let it dry. then see if that seals it. I have no idea how long it takes to cure, but, it may work as a temp fix. Just remember to let it cure BEFORE YOU PUT THE GRIPS BACK ON. Or, you may have a helluva time getting them off later.
Again, i havent tried it, just thought it up.

roczilla
01-21-2003, 04:16 PM
I'll try the thermatex fix, sounds like it may be a good quick fix. :D Hey anyone making replacement grips for the xmags? send me your price and info please Honk Honk U Been Clowned

oldsoldier
01-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Go to either www.frymarkdesign.com or shartleycustoms.com. Shartley's may not be exact, but, he has his link in his sig. there are a few others here too that do grips.