PDA

View Full Version : WARP question

silenttype
01-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Can I put 2 9 volt batteries in a series to work at 18 volts I tried it and it works ,but will it damage anything?

Havoc_online
01-21-2003, 07:55 PM
you run risk of frying your board.

Welcome to AO!:)

(check out this (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50487) thread)

warpfeedmod
01-22-2003, 09:16 AM
You can do an on-off-on switch mod which will allow you to toggle between two 9volt batteries without damaging the board. There is a mod for the 18volt and some people run the warp off the emag battery, so I don't see why not, but you do run the risk of frying the board if it's not done correctly.

digitard
01-22-2003, 11:18 AM
Havok (or anyone who knows) ... is there a thread detailing how to connect your emag battery to your warp?

Has anyone done this? Does it drain your battery like crazy?

How about a thread with info on putting in the on/off switch?

Sorry I'm sorta search stupid today and couldnt find it ... could be cause its 9am

Sincerely,
Dave K

Havoc_online
01-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by digitard
Havok (or anyone who knows) ... is there a thread detailing how to connect your emag battery to your warp?

Has anyone done this? Does it drain your battery like crazy?

How about a thread with info on putting in the on/off switch?

Sorry I'm sorta search stupid today and couldnt find it ... could be cause its 9am

Sincerely,
Dave K

Hooking the emag battery up to the warp means that you have to take out the board, that's why no one fry's thier board, it's going straight to the motor.

There is plenty of info around, I didnt really want to add a how-to for the Emag and on/off in the warp thread cause I think too many people would mess thier warps up. Stock warps work fine, no one needs 18v.

rowly-1
01-22-2003, 06:30 PM
You can wire the two batteries up to a 12v regulator. This will reduce the combined power of the two batteries from 18v to 12v. AGD says that 12v is the maximum operating voltage of the warp. Beyond 12v things will start to warm up and your board could fry!!

An on off switch can also be added.

Hope this helps

Rowland