PDA

View Full Version : is it true?

mag-hatter
01-21-2003, 09:32 PM
is it true that timis are faster than emags? SAY IT AINT SO!

Havoc_online
01-21-2003, 09:37 PM
timmy's are fast beyond all reason, but by design the RT valve is still faster.

however it's pointless, they are both so fast that it doesnt matter.

but the answer is no.;)

big E kingpin
01-21-2003, 09:38 PM
i have yet to see a timmy do 25 a sec with paint, id like to see it if its out there. let me tell you it sounds like a hellicopter when it fires that fast.

EsPo
01-21-2003, 09:40 PM
i cant hear myself think everytime i play with someone with a timmy :)

MrMag
01-21-2003, 09:41 PM
for the sake of humanity, YES. this does not include full auto. lets put it this way. you can fire a timmy faster in semi-auto faster than an emag.

Tunaman
01-21-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by MrMag
for the sake of humanity, YES. this does not include full auto. lets put it this way. you can fire a timmy faster in semi-auto faster than an emag. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA;)

yeahthatsme
01-21-2003, 09:51 PM
lets sum this up in a quote shall we:D

" my timmy shoots faster then your stinky mag!"

" what color paint ya get hit with?"

"what color you shooting"

"blue, so what you get hit with"

"blue:("

mag-hatter
01-21-2003, 10:27 PM
uh oh, this is turning into a "no, mine will kick your gun's arse" thread :(. can someone SCIENTIFICLY prove which one is better? thanks

WARPED1
01-21-2003, 10:31 PM
I think(I have no facts here)the timmy can do faster cps,no paint or anything,but as we have seen on the odysee site,the emag can cycle paint on fa and a HALO B at 20bps,never seen a timmy cycle paint that fast.............

mag-hatter
01-21-2003, 10:35 PM
sorry, bit slow, but how does having paint going through it make it slower?!

Mossman
01-21-2003, 10:55 PM
When you set the dwell and bolt open times on a timmy, u can set em crazy low I believe...This will allow you to complete a huge # of full cycles per second, but I think the issue is if the bolt open time is long enough to feed paint.

MrMag
01-21-2003, 11:15 PM
not really saying my gun is faster than your gun, but if you have ever shot a timmy with clamshell, flipped switch, and no return spring you will understand where i am coming from. it is not necesarilly legal, cause there is so much bounce it will shoot 3 times per pull, and fire when you didnt even pull the trigger.

emags are friggin fast, but not that fast

Havoc_online
01-22-2003, 12:12 AM
Considering the way both markers are designed - the timmy is limited sooner. To get enough air through the marker to cycle fast enough requires a higher pressure that internals can't take. I heard from Vern1(Joe Petty- owns local field I play at) here on AO(THE top timmy tech) that the Timmy is maxed out at 35-45tops. Give me a break, do we need to argue on anything past 25?

Anyway, the RT Valve is designed in such a way that as long as you have enough air and a quick enough loading system, the ROF keeps going up and up(well beyond 50 in theory)

lets put it this way. you can fire a timmy faster in semi-auto faster than an emag.
this is newb talk. Maybe YOU can fire the timmy faster in semi cause of preference and comfortability but it's up to the user, both triggers can be made insanely light and short(I've seen an Emag trigger to light that in Emode-NOT Hybrid- you can blow on the trigger and it'll go full auto)

hatter, paint makes ROF slower cause the bolt needs to be open long enough to be able to load a ball.

not really saying my gun is faster than your gun, but if you have ever shot a timmy with clamshell, flipped switch, and no return spring you will understand where i am coming from. it is not necesarilly legal, cause there is so much bounce it will shoot 3 times per pull, and fire when you didnt even pull the trigger.

emags are friggin fast, but not that fast

more newb talk. talking about bouncing triggers have you ever heard of hybrid mode?:rolleyes:

MrMag
01-22-2003, 12:27 AM
newb talk???? excuse me, but that was insulting. the emag in hybrid mode does not act like this. but i guess we can come to the point that both guns can shoot equally as fast seeing how the user cannot maximize the guns bps. done and done

Mossman
01-22-2003, 12:28 AM
I'm happy to stay at that point...but you were the one who said that Emags arent fast enough to keep up with timmies...

MrMag
01-22-2003, 12:33 AM
i do believe that the timmy with the trigger job i was talking about can allow the user to fire it faster than an emag in hybrid mode, only because of the insane bounce which causes the person to get 3 shots of each pull. BUT with no mods, both are equal

Havoc_online
01-22-2003, 12:35 AM
hehe, sorry - just called it like it sounded however...

but i guess we can come to the point that both guns can shoot equally as fast seeing how the user cannot maximize the guns bps. done and done That is some of the wisest stuff I've seen in a while:) (which was my point to begin with)

Although yes - An Emag in Hybrid can be much much faster, all you have to do is tune it to do so which isnt hard. Your calling the shots on a Timmy with "this and that" but comparing it to a stock Emag with stock settings. Does that sound fair? You'd fall in Love with what I could do to an Emag...;)

Final comments - trigger pull on each marker is up to the user.

Are Timmy's CAPABLE of being faster than Emags? No.

Mossman
01-22-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
hehe, sorry - just called it like it sounded however...
That is some of the wisest stuff I've seen in a while:) (which was my point to begin with)

Although yes - An Emag in Hybrid can be much much faster, all you have to do is tune it to do so which isnt hard. Your calling the shots on a Timmy with "this and that" but comparing it to a stock Emag with stock settings. Does that sound fair? You'd fall in Love with what I could do to an Emag...;)

Final comments - trigger pull on each marker is up to the user.

Are Timmy's CAPABLE of being faster than Emags? No.

Amen Brotha!

Hehe, i want you to talk to Butterfingers with his RT pro about whoes gun can shoot faster with trigger bounce promoting adjustments :)

MrMag
01-22-2003, 12:42 AM
havoc, yes you are right. thanks, now we are done

big E kingpin
01-22-2003, 07:38 PM
in semi, andi am not exadurating, the kick of my gun allows me to fire at an insane rate of fire. i would seriously put it up against any gun with paint shooting down feild, and if it doesnt win it will be the closest thing. and thats not newb talk,, thats my expirience on the field next to anything i have seen in my paintball lifetime of 9 years.

not picking fights or flamming just stating my expiriences

-=Squid=-
01-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by big E kingpin
in semi, andi am not exadurating, the kick of my gun allows me to fire at an insane rate of fire. i would seriously put it up against any gun with paint shooting down feild, and if it doesnt win it will be the closest thing. and thats not newb talk,, thats my expirience on the field next to anything i have seen in my paintball lifetime of 9 years.

not picking fights or flamming just stating my expiriences

You should also learn how to spell experience correctly. Mabe you need 9 years or more school "expirience?" Sorry, I couldnt resist.

Havoc_online
01-22-2003, 07:54 PM
this thread is kinda what made me want to make the vid in this (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64957) thread.:)

PsychoBaller
01-22-2003, 08:05 PM
when people become so ignorantly closeminded to argue that some electric guns are faster than anything..... "oohhh well with this specially modified trigger frame, super duper board and my bionic fingers I can fire really fast"

I only care about things that actually can be used in a Game Situation..... People pride themselves too much on gun ability in terms of insignificant things when done up under illegal terms, when dryfiring alone, or the Cycle rate is just really high....

Timmys can Cycle fast as all heck... so can many others... but there arn't many guns that can actually fire with paint at such amazing and remarkable rates without chopping/breaking as the Xmag/SFL. Obviously Angels, Timmys and Matricies come to mind first, only followed by Cockers which are following behind while they follow in the Electro footsteps.

Wish people would stick to what the gun is able to do in legal game terms - reality; with Paint.

Also not base their guns ability on Cycles alone.....

~da "reality check" baller

MrMag
01-22-2003, 08:06 PM
holy poop

freek133
01-22-2003, 08:10 PM
hey guys...

Im curious about the matrix, does it perform (speedwise) with the timmy and emag? My previous marker was an emag, now I own a matrix, both are insanely fast. Everyone says the matrix is the new cats meow, so I was just wondering what my old clan thought of it?

Havoc_online
01-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Yes, the Matrix is up there:)

PsychoBaller
01-22-2003, 08:15 PM
buy a Matrix originally, only followed by a Timmy.... then got my hands on the SFL Emag.....muuhahahaha

Matricies: If they find a way to reduce loss in gas efficiency... and cut down the body to some degree... I would definately invest in one.

~da "matrices aint to shabby" baller

MrMag
01-22-2003, 08:19 PM
cough cough

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL62/766224/1335204/18882768.jpg

GatoLoco
08-06-2003, 06:55 PM
im confused. I am aware that the rt valve is the fastest, but didn't tk say something about the solinoid plunger limiting rof?

personman
08-06-2003, 07:36 PM
someones been grave diggin ;)

JT2002
08-06-2003, 07:47 PM
havoc what would i have to do to get u to work your magic on my emag or xmag? :D

GatoLoco
08-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by GatoLoco
im confused. I am aware that the rt valve is the fastest, but didn't tk say something about the solinoid plunger limiting rof?

GatoLoco
08-08-2003, 11:20 AM
???:confused: