PDA

View Full Version : I need help! I'm having impure thoughts!

Koosh
01-21-2003, 11:36 PM
Ok... time for some whiny kid to start complaining :D For those who don't know, I have the Forest Green SFL E-Mag (well actually Load SM5 has it now, but thats another story)

I love my gun. Really, I do... but I just can't afford it! I was out of a job for almost 3 months, and sold nearly everything paintball related that I could t, without touching my SFL. That means basically all I have left is my mask, gun, and Hopper (halo-a), plus a few other accessories.

My dilemma is that I am alot of debt. My job now is only 1-2 days a week, and that only pays my gas to and from school every day, and make a dent in my credit card payment (it isn't too out of hand, but still...). My parents helped me out with books this semester, so there is $300 I owe them.

So now I have a few options. The job market up here is pretty tight, so I don't see a better job with more hours coming my way. I can either:

1. Keep all my PB junk, slowly pay back my parents, then slowly start saving for a new nitrogen tank, and other things I gave up. ETA to playing paintball again: 2-3 months

2. Sell the SFL for cold hard cash. Pay down my debt, then get right back into paintball. Level 7 mag (probably), co2, cheap package. ETA to playing paintball again: a few weeks.

3. Try to Trade the SFL for a lesser gun package + Money, use that to make a dent in debt, then pay it off slowly with job money. ETA to playing Pball again: a few weeks.

(note: all ETA times are assuming load gives my gun back! He may not want to after seeing this thread!)

One other note... I don't NEED the sfl for how we play. I'm more of a Rec-Baller who got into an arms race with his friends... now they have all joined the military so I'm stuck playing with tippies and spyders with my SFL emag and a borrowed n2 tank!

Thanks for any help you can give this whiny little college student!

magman007
01-21-2003, 11:51 PM
koosh, let me put it nice and simply.... if you sell it, i will kill you......there isnt any half sarcastic half serrious face, so imagine 2 face from the animated batman series....

PsychoBaller
01-22-2003, 12:13 AM
Koosh... between you and AGDMAGMAN... im gettin a bit tired..... keep posting that ur selling.. no wait, keeping.. no wait... selling.... errr .... ARRGGG.....

If your just mostly playing rec.. u can always sell the SFL to someone who wants it more....

I personally would get a Festus Milled ULE Emag if i didnt have my SFL... and I think his would cost a bit less... U would get mad cash selling the SFL.

whatever you do.... just remember... u cant be a member the SFL Posse anymore if u sell it..

~da "had to lay down the law" baller

(or get a better job.... my housemate and I work 5+days a week at Applebees.... uggh.. im outta there this week... cant take it)

darklord
01-22-2003, 12:28 AM
I take it you're in college... what's wrong with student loans? Or try to find a new job, no matter what it takes. I started looking for jobs three months ago, but I was too picky and let some decent jobs slip away. Minimum wage or not, a job is still a job. Don't sell the SFL though! And if you do, I got 1st dibs :) No seriously though... how many chances will you have to own an SFL E-mag in your lifetime? Own a part of history, man. You'll find a way around the debt... just get a job with decent hours.

WARPED1
01-22-2003, 01:56 AM
Sell the thing if it doesn't fit your style of play,playing againmst equal odds will build more skill,who cares if there's only like 40 made,it's an EMag with special milling and anno,does that help it shoot better?

FooTemps
01-22-2003, 02:07 AM
wow... that's a horrendously good point.... who needs pretty fades, colors, and milling! We need innovation and performance!

edit: wtf am I saying... we need to to look pretty... AND be innovative... heh :)

Severe
01-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Just my .02, but if you're a Rec-baller, then just sell thing, or trade for a classic + cash.

If I'm not mistaken, the new classis are shipping with LX installed. Add a intelliframe and you're easily outgunning most other rec-ballers. An inexpensive 68/4500 and you're all set.

The way I figure it, you make back between $500-700 off the SFL package.

Pstan
01-22-2003, 09:38 AM
Get out of debt. If it means selling the gun......sell the gun.

blembiggity
01-22-2003, 11:31 AM
koosh i will put it simply too, sell it to me. i will be willing to trade u my z bodied mag and some cash for it.

Ultimator
01-22-2003, 11:48 AM
Check out my thread "Warped Intellimag for Sale" in the Markers forum. $400 get you the best standard mag you can get and a tank and hopper and warp and all that junk. I don't know why I am giving it away so cheap either.

P.S. PsychoBaller ... is that skeleton in your sig giving me the finger?

covadsucks
01-22-2003, 12:13 PM
It's a shame that you may have to part with the marker but if you do, then perhaps you should consider some of the offers being made.

Honestly I was going to throw my own hat into the ring by offering a marker and cash combo...but I felt that might be too insulting as you are in need of advice not someone being a vulture. Hope you find something that can help you keep the marker.

battlegroup
01-22-2003, 01:08 PM
KEEP IT! Stop playing for a few months. Ask your parents if you can hold out on paying them back for a little while and pay down as much of the credit card as you can every month. You are getting killed on interest with credit. After you get your card to 0.00 don't use it unless it's for emergencies. Once you stop paying all the interest you'll be surprised at how far your money actually goes when you aren't giving a percentage to the credit card company. If you are only working 1-2 days a weeks try for a second job on the other days until you get your debt paid. Don't play paintball untill everyone you owe is paid off, BUT KEEP THE SFL. You will kick yourself in the rear for a long time if you sell such nice marker and you'll never be happy with a lesser gun. Take it from me I've had a similar experience. You'll have to tighten your belt a little and give up some of the entertainment and other things you spend money on, but if you love paintball like me, you'll do it.

Trigger_Happy
01-22-2003, 04:33 PM
You know in your head that you don't need an SFL against tippys, but if you step down to a marker with less ability, you'll hate it. You can never step back and be happy.

I think battlegroup has a good plan for you. If you get the the point in a few months where you say, "I've tried it all, and there's NO way that I will ever be able to pay off my debt, THEN you can talk to us about it! For now, do your best to keep your SFL in hand!

hostage
01-22-2003, 04:43 PM
It is harsh to let a good gun like that collect dust.

SELL IT TO ME! :-)

-Doron

EsPo
01-22-2003, 05:04 PM
if i were in your situation, i would trade the gun of for a lesser gun plus cash, if you would like, i could trade you my gun in my sig plus some cash, i would include a tank also!

RusskiX
01-22-2003, 06:09 PM
My wisdom would say just stop playing for a while.

I agree that you probably don't need the SFL firepower for rec-ball. But even if you trade down to a classic, the real cost is the paint/field fee - and its just as easy to shoot a case + air at the local field with a classic as with an SFL = same cost despite the marker.

Take a break through the cold months and come back when the weather is nicer. Use the $$$$ you would spend playing on debt. You'll probably come back with a new perspective!

Good luck!

Koosh
01-22-2003, 07:04 PM
I seem to have forgotten a very large portion of funds coming my way... TAX REBATES! YAAAAAY!!!

That should be at least 4-500, which makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

As for my Credit Card, it really isn't out of hand. I got a good deal for it, and only use it to buy gas... but its still a good 75-80 bucks a month. My parents don't seem to care when I pay them back either, so its all good in this neighborhood!

Blennidae
01-22-2003, 07:15 PM
Man, I was just about to do my vulture impression too...:D

Brian68mag
01-22-2003, 07:31 PM
Debt is one of the worst things. Get out, sell the gun.
Try to always stay out of debt, when your out of college you will be so much better off if you dont have debt.
My parents lived light in college and came out debt free with good credit and immediately took jobs and ever since then they have always been out of debt and free to do whatever. My sister went through college like money wasnt a thing and she and her husband will have over 100k debt after they get outta law school if they continue the rate they are on. She is now really depressed with all the people trying to get their money.
Sell it, dont buy luxeries you dont need. Wait until you have a source of money to do that.