PDA

View Full Version : AO girls, help!

wallclimber
01-22-2003, 10:08 AM
I'm trying to convince my girl to come try paintball with me sometime. i almost have her convinced but her main wory is getting hit in the chest(otherwise she said she would try) she runs track and is athletic so she won't have a hard time with that end. it's just the paint to the chest thing that's bothering her. any ideas on how to get her over that?

digitard
01-22-2003, 10:10 AM
Most places will rent her a chest protector ...

Sincerely,
Dave K

Clare
01-22-2003, 02:41 PM
like digitard said, there are chest protectors that some fields will rent out or you can look into purchasing one (from JT, extreme rage, redz). If that isn't something she'd like to do, she can always make sure to wear extra layering. Some girls like to wear several sports bra underneath. I dont wear a chest protector cause it is too constricting for me...sure it hurts sometimes but I just learn to live with it. I don't get shot there as often as some people may think.

LawFox32
01-22-2003, 02:48 PM
not a girl/ but how bad could it hurt; I mean getting hit in the nip hurts pretty bad but I don't think it can compare with a shot to the jewels

The Frymarker
01-22-2003, 03:19 PM
Yes get a chest protector I wear one all the time, I should wear one with the kids hehe

I still have a few sports bra Guard Gear chest protectors, let me know if you want one.

lilsnowpixie
01-22-2003, 04:30 PM
ok first of all if your girlfriend is crazy enough to run track she should know a bit about endurance, and if she does happen to get hit in the chest then that should be a piece of cake to deal with as compared to running miles at a time. second, me having never played before, that was also one of my concerns [again you all should stone python for not taking me yet] but if you explain to her how much fun it is she should at least be willing to try it once. if she doesn't like it after then, then fine, but if she doesn't try it once how will she ever find out? and yea what everyone else said. just lay on the guilt for wimping out on you, and eventually she will most likely give in.

digitard
01-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Also, ask her if she's ever been running and tripped and took a decent spill ... she'll probably say yes ... then ask her if it hurt too bad at that time, she'll probably say no ... then explain the whole theory of adreneline and that she's gonna have a good time.

I got my friend Heleit and her g/f Dee to go ... omg it was great! Heleit got shot a few games in and realized it wasn't too bad and went psycho .. running up the middle/etc... its great!

Sincerely,
Dave K

Jonno06
01-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Yea,I would suggest wearing chest protector.

Tell her not to let her expose..herself...like that?

01-22-2003, 04:45 PM
Pain is all in the mind. One way to look at it is if she wears a chest protector then the time she doesnt she will be hit in the chest. Thats what I tell people when they say, "you dont wear a cup! your crazy!"

Kevmaster
01-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Wall...my field(im the Mgr) has some primitive chest protectors. if youd like me to try and mail one....

MantisMag
01-22-2003, 08:31 PM
from what i hear it doesn't really hurt unless you take a hit to the nips. with the marker properly in front of you that's pretty hard to do. so she's really got nothing to worry about.

FalconGuy016
01-22-2003, 08:54 PM
Sports bras seem to be the way to go

Im having the same problem because there is a three man tournament coming up, and our 4 man team wanted to go :) What to do? Split into two 3 man teams and recriut 2 other people. They are both girls, and now they are having a hard time thinking about the pain part, especially in the chest (neither have played before)

FutureMagOwner
01-22-2003, 08:58 PM
tell he if she wears it and realizes it doesnt hurt a ton that the first time she doesnt wear it she wont get hit there believe me i never got hit before gloves i bought some and i never got hit there so i sold them the next time i played i got shot in the hand by my own team 6 times.

wallclimber
01-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Yeah, this would be her first time trying it and i'm trying to make it as fun as possible. Any more tips?

KHartley
01-23-2003, 04:45 PM
I know when I played I kept my shirt untucked and just wore a couple shirts for layers as Capo said. Tell her it really doesn't hurt anyway. She will have a blast. :)

WicKeD_WaYz
01-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Sports bras seem to be the way to go

Im having the same problem because there is a three man tournament coming up, and our 4 man team wanted to go :) What to do? Split into two 3 man teams and recriut 2 other people. They are both girls, and now they are having a hard time thinking about the pain part, especially in the chest (neither have played before)

your doing a tourneyment with 2 girls that have never paintballed before? :(

RPK
01-23-2003, 06:15 PM
ok, I only read the first few posts... but Me personally I wear a padded bra (Victoria's Secret is really padding) with a sports bra over it...

RPK

TooDamnSweet
01-23-2003, 07:34 PM
I haven't been hit in the chest but I have been hit on the inner arm and thigh. When your holding your marker, your chest really isn't exposed very much to begin with. I really don't think, for me anyway, that it would hurt that much more if I was hit in that area. RPK has a good idea, a padded bra with a sports bra over it would help.

ramennoodles
07-13-2003, 09:29 PM
dude taking your girlfriend to play paintball can be a tricky thing, i don't want to bring up the demons again *sobb*

FalconGuy016
07-13-2003, 09:32 PM
Thread ressurection flare

ramennoodles
07-14-2003, 12:09 AM
meh

bornl33t
07-14-2003, 05:28 AM
second thread you've resurected... stop it.

Star_Base_CGI
07-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Tell her if she gets hit in the chest youll kiss it and make it better.

rhetor22
07-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 845
Pain is all in the mind. One way to look at it is if she wears a chest protector then the time she doesnt she will be hit in the chest. Thats what I tell people when they say, "you dont wear a cup! your crazy!"

you're crazy.

einhander619
07-14-2003, 04:16 PM
I got popped right on the tip o' the captain once, my zipper saved me! I actually barely felt it.

aaron_mag
07-14-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by einhander619
I got popped right on the tip o' the captain once, my zipper saved me! I actually barely felt it.

Bah it didn't save you at all if you are AO's swollen member did it? ;)

Albinonewt
07-15-2003, 07:41 AM
Yeah, my friend and I bring his girlfriend and my wife all the time. Both are rather petite girls without any body fat to speak of (unlike the guys!). His girlfriend just wears baggy clothes and my wife wears a Redz chest protector. Both have no complaints when they play.

wes
07-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Star_Base_CGI
Tell her if she gets hit in the chest youll kiss it and make it better.

DAMN YOU!

i was about to say that :)

f3rr3+
07-16-2003, 02:37 AM
ive been hit on the tip of the pecker before... i pissed blood... but ive learned (after breaking my leg in sex places) to put pain outta my mind... just remeber the pain doesnt make anything better so ignore it.. works for me...

KamikazeChiKenz
07-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by f3rr3+
sex places)

Whats on your mind?;)