PDA

View Full Version : xmag low battery

roczilla
01-22-2003, 02:14 PM
the xmag/emag battery is supposed to be good for around 20000 rounds but i keep getting a low battery indicat0r after only two cases of paint and i start with a fully charged battery. When i check how much juice is left ,the battery would still be at around 16.73 to 17 volts. is the low battery message on the led supposed to kick in that soon? I, ve fully charged the battery three times and this happens everytime the battery gets around 17 volts or less.Whats up with that:mad:

datapimp69
01-22-2003, 02:21 PM
how long are you charging it for?

dont belive the little light..

charge it overnight and see how that works.

roczilla
01-22-2003, 02:52 PM
i charged it for two days

spazzed
01-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Ok, so I was wrong. BlackVCG strikes again! :)

Cypres0099
01-22-2003, 03:21 PM
It's a NiMH so it shouldn't matter right...

My batter takes less than an hour to charge.

ben_JD
01-22-2003, 04:24 PM
So the best way to charge the battery is to put it on a charger for 10 hours and then take it off?

BlackVCG
01-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Everything previously mentioned is wrong.

Don't charge your battery overnight. That tends to fry them.

Charge it for 3-4 hours and it will be good. It should charge to about 18-20V.

roczilla
01-22-2003, 05:41 PM
the first time i charged it overnight the second time again overnite the third time i let it charge for two days. every time same results..so whats the deal got a bad board or battery. what up?

RobAGD
01-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Rock - you MIGHT have juiced one of the cells when your charge base went.

When you pull it off the charger, test it with the multi meter, you should be well over 18v is everything is good.

Let it sit for a few days and then test again. Make sure your writing down the voltage when your doing this.

Now if your getting a drop while its sitting for a few days ( several volt drop ) then you have a bad cell, and you need a new cell pack.

Just Call AGD and get an RA for the pack and then send it in. They MIGHT cross ship a pack for you, just ask real nice.

-Robert

roczilla
01-23-2003, 06:12 AM
i wasd having that problem before i screwed up the chager and when i fried the charger the battery wasn't connected. So it may be a bad cell because i did charge it and the voltage was 18 something close to 19 and the next day without using it it was at 16.83

athomas
01-23-2003, 03:02 PM
16.8v seems correct for your NiMH battery pack. Maybe you have a bad connection between the battery and gun somewhere. It could be as simple as a loose screw on the ground wire.

A Nickle based battery pack should charge to about 90% in the first hour or so of charge if the proper rated charger is used. The charger should then switch to a trickle charge to top it off. If you use a generic type charger, you can check the temperature of the battery pack. When nickle based batteries get full, they start to heat up. This is an indication of full charge. Further charging will damage the longevity of the battery pack. You can top off a battery pack with no ill effects.

Trickle charging a NiMH battery is not as good as charging using a quick charge.

Its all the technology built into the AGD charger that allows it to perform so well and keep your batteries life maximized that makes it so expensive.

BlackVCG
01-23-2003, 05:09 PM
The fact that the battery drained without using it indicates you have a bad cell and need a new pack. Charging it overnight is what usually will kill a cell. Get a new pack from AGD and be sure to charge it for no more than 3 hours or so.