PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Texans!

Cryer
01-22-2003, 04:01 PM
What parts of Texas are you from?
What/Where are your favorite stores/fields?
I'm from San Angelo. I play at they only 2 local fields here and usually have to order paintball stuff off the web.

Havoc_online
01-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Austin Tx - play at Petty's!

Tx stores I like....
Paintball Maxx. <--houston
Paintball Mart <--Austin and San Antonio
Alamo City Paintball <--San Antonio
Animal Paintball < --Hometown Laredo Tx!

Cryer
01-22-2003, 04:11 PM
I recently visited Austin. Didn't have time to play, but stopped by Constant Action and Paintball Mart. Of the two, I really like Paintball Mart.

ttoad4000t
01-22-2003, 04:31 PM
Im from Fort Worth, I play at DD Ranch. I buy my paint from Paintball and More, and everything else online.

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-22-2003, 05:54 PM
dallas...
i play at foreny but am looking to play at DDranch (cause of low prices)
and i got to a paintball store thats like 12 min away when i play in my back yard cause they got good paint and air fills for us.

Boble86
01-22-2003, 06:01 PM
I play at fun on the run, forney, rec ball at hit n run, and probably new field extreme concepts. I buy stuff from elves in waxahachie.

nastymag
01-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Representing EL paso .... but i havent been there for 2 years so i dont know what feilds are still there.

oh well ..... im still a texan

TXStorm
01-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Dallas here!

Play at Fort and Double D. As for paint... I usually bum it off my friends or get hookup on field paint :)

wes
01-22-2003, 06:46 PM
HELLO! \

i live in houston and i go to tanks, but i havnt gone in like 66 and 1/4 of a day :( i am having withdrawl

personman
01-22-2003, 06:48 PM
<stupidquestion>can someone tell me wat bammal texas is? someone just called me from there</stupidquestion>

BTW wes is an idiot, dont play with him

wes
01-22-2003, 06:49 PM
hey your not cool unless your an idiot

vortechcoupe
01-22-2003, 06:53 PM
it's a part of north houston, it's actually where i live.

Justin C

Originally posted by personman
<stupidquestion>can someone tell me wat bammal texas is? someone just called me from there</stupidquestion>

BTW wes is an idiot, dont play with him

cdawg
01-22-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm representin the dirty dirty southeast side of texas... BEAUMONT BABY YEEHAW. Down here we got jacked up trucks and horses. I once played horse paintball (we put some custom goggles on the horses but when mine got hit he bucked me off like a MOFO.

Ok that was a lie but seriously, I play in woods because the closest field is an hour away in Houston. I am very happy right now because I just bought a new tunaXmag from tunaman. Anyone who wants to stop by and play at our ghetto home-made field in Beaumont, just give me a PM!

LATER.

Darkstorm
01-22-2003, 09:14 PM
I'm from HOUSTON.....

For me it is PaintballUSA all the way. They have 100 acres and will be hosting MXS Fandango (Feb) Viper T-Rev (Apr) Viper TZ (Oct) when to comes to scenarios. Everyone likes PaintMaxx at least for the gun services.

There are alot of Scenario team around including just a few Texas Rangers, DOP, RPM, Atomic Wedges, ..... Of course we all team up to form the Texas Contingent for games like Spplat last year and this year at EMR - MXS:TwinTowers in May...that is going to be a slamming game.

Darkstorm

FalconGuy016
01-22-2003, 09:23 PM
<B>HOLY CRAP NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I USED TO LIVE IN SAN ANGELO!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH</b> I lived there for 7 years!!! Go to 111 Logan St!!!!!!! Thats where I used to live :) Wow!! There are paintball fields there too1?!?! wow WOW I thought I would never see anyone from san angelo! Is it still a small town?

FalconGuy016
01-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Does Dan Taylor still run a paintball field there? (Dad asked:))

Grenegopaintball
01-22-2003, 09:31 PM
Northest part of Texas about a 15 min drive from the border of Texas and Oklahoma. Wichita Falls to be exact and there are two others on here that I know of who also live in Wichita Falls. One field Called Field of Honor. 32 acres and two decently big games for the size of the town. Mission 2003 was the last one and they have that once a year and Halloween hunt. Only field in about an hours drive since the other smaller field closed down because the guy had foot problems and couldn't walk around anymore. All of the refs are obsesed with mags.

matt0000
01-22-2003, 10:55 PM
ft worth...........I play at fun on the run, ivans sometimes, gonna try out the new field extreme concepts its abou 10 mins from my house that should be sweet....

alf
01-22-2003, 11:26 PM
im in el paso...

there is winkey doodles...goofy name, i know...they have 4 fields there...3 speedball and one "barn", its in canutillo

xtopia...supair...and 4.5k fills!!!...on the west side of town

genesis paintball stores (2 in el paso, 1 in las cruces)...and their field in las cruces...havent played there yet...

and of course ricky's paintball on the east side...never played there, cuz i heard they charge $120/case, and $10 if you bring your own.

oh yeah, i forgot about trigger happy (dont know if its still open)...its in the northeast part of town...indoor field, with sand, and lots of strobes/blacklights/red lights/sirens and loud music....the guys that play there like it, but i dont know....

-alf

Cryer
01-23-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
<B>HOLY CRAP NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I USED TO LIVE IN SAN ANGELO!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH</b> I lived there for 7 years!!! Go to 111 Logan St!!!!!!! Thats where I used to live :) Wow!! There are paintball fields there too1?!?! wow WOW I thought I would never see anyone from san angelo! Is it still a small town?
Yeah, San Angelo, is still pretty small (i think we actually are over 90000 people now) There are 2 fields, 1 on Goodfellow Airforce base and 1 out Knickerbocker past the airport. That's awesome that there are people out there that actually know where San Angelo is (let alone live/lived here)!
Dan Taylor, I don't think his field/store is up anymore...
Angelo Paintball is owned by Stephen from team Texas Storm.
There used to be a "Concho Valley Paintball" or something, but they closed (?) right before I got into paintball.

UTLadiesMan
01-23-2003, 02:37 AM
Austin

Play at Petty's.

bratch
01-23-2003, 03:55 AM
I'm going to be in Perryton for a summer internship anybody know of aby fields remotely close?

nastymag
01-23-2003, 04:03 AM
hey alf ... you remember power paintball up in down town ... that place rocked, i heard they closed down.

then there was paintball at rickys ...which had the highest prices ANYWHERE .

i got some property up near weco tanks .. i should play there when i leave california

Prezents
01-23-2003, 08:05 AM
I was born and raised in San Antonio for 25 years, now living in Montana. On a recent trip to SA I played at Krossfire and had a blast!!:D

a_malfunction
01-23-2003, 08:16 AM
hey cdawg... there is shadowlands in Bridge City... Its pretty close to beaumont...

vf-xx
01-23-2003, 08:16 AM
Currently I'm in Lubbock, and when I play here I play at Challenge Park (but their prices are high so I try to avoid them).

Otherwise in Fort Worth I play at Fun on the Run, and shop at Paintball Player's Supply.

In Houston I play at Twisted Texas and shop at Paintball Maxx.

Yudanja
01-23-2003, 09:49 AM
Live in Temple, play in Austin. Just started playing at petty's and love it, not gonna go anywhere else now.

Shop at paintball mart in Austin.

Bob Mundon
01-23-2003, 09:52 AM
bleh, maxx isnt that good. command post was good but all the paintball players who worked there changed stores+

i generally play at tanks world of paintball, or USA

cdawg
01-23-2003, 11:54 AM
hey cdawg... there is shadowlands in Bridge City... Its pretty close to beaumont...

They had their last game last weekend. :( no more paintball places near Beaumont

logamus
01-23-2003, 03:17 PM
fort worth here, i have been out of the loop for a bit so i have been playing at fun on the run. i played at official paintball in forney and me and some friends are playing their big game in feb. if anyone has directions or phone numbers to these other fields i would love to try them out.

FalconGuy016
01-23-2003, 03:23 PM
aww thats sad Dan taylor is gone, my dad used to work there back when nelspots were the thing, and he was also a staff seargent at Goodfellow

Marek
01-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Austin - Petty's
Laredo - Project X Paintball

Originally posted by Yudanja
Live in Temple, play in Austin. Just started playing at petty's and love it, not gonna go anywhere else now.

Shop at paintball mart in Austin.

Hey man, are there any good fields there in the Temple/Belton/Kileen/CC Area? I want to take my Uncle and Cousin to go play, but I don't want them to drive all the way to Petty's just to try it out. Something close to them would be good.

Cryer
01-24-2003, 02:37 AM
he was also a staff seargent at Goodfellow

My dad retired as a captain several years back (for some reason, he chose to retire here, and I'm stuck here until after college and stuff)

Cryer
02-03-2003, 01:49 AM
anyone else from Texas?

ben_JD
02-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Dallas.

I play just about exclusively at Mid-Cities Paintball (http://www.paintballmidcities.com) in N. Richland Hills.

Clare
02-03-2003, 01:39 PM
I live in Austin and play at petty's which is the best field around this area. :D

Cryer
02-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Where in Austin is Petty's? Sometimes I go to Austin for a day or 2, I may be able to play there sometime...

Havoc_online
02-03-2003, 03:57 PM
it's about 21miles outside Austin in Red Rock, Tx. goto pettypb.com for directions (we drive just over an hour to go play even though we live 3 miles from another local field)

Cryer
02-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
we drive just over an hour to go play even though we live 3 miles from another local field

It's that good, huh? Next time I'm in Austin, I'll try and swing by...

FalconGuy016
02-03-2003, 07:55 PM
ehhehe look what is on my GLOBE, yes, a globe :)

Cryer
02-03-2003, 08:04 PM
Holy crap! Photoshop?!? That's amazing, that San Angelo would be on a map of that scale.
I had trouble finding it on some maps of Texas!

FalconGuy016
02-03-2003, 08:08 PM
No :) Its really there!! And its a very popular globe too, but I am guessing they just needed to fill an empty hole in Texas on the globe

edit: Btw, my dad retired at goodfellow and got a job here in VA, thats why we moved
Man this place is hard to live in!! it attracts all the smart people in the country(Northern VA - WashingtonDC) and you have like ZERO chance of getting into an in state college, and it makes the place unbearably crowded

Cryer
02-03-2003, 08:31 PM
It attracts all the smart people in the country(Northern VA - WashingtonDC) and you have like ZERO chance of getting into an in state college, and it makes the place unbearably crowded

The exact opposite of San Angelo!
I'd rather live in Austin...

Snappy
02-03-2003, 08:43 PM
I think it's amazing to see how many people here are from Fort Worth. When I'm in Texas I live with the rents in NRH and have played at Hit and Run and some indoor place I think was called Ultimate Paintball (ultimately dirty!). Here in my college town there is only 1 field or the Army ROTC training fields.

BradAGD
02-05-2003, 01:48 AM
I live in Houston and shop...I mean work at Paintball Maxx...

I've played at PBUSA, Tanks, Brazos, Pearland (closed up now) and a couple others I'm forgetting.

later

Vern1
02-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Greetings,
Live in Red Rock, Texas.
Work like a dog at Petty Paintball (That happens when you own the place) thanks for the kind words folks, WE DO TRY!
Have played in Austin at Constant Action and Texas on 620, Tanks in Houston, Lone Star and Crossfire in San Antonio, FOTR in Dallas/Ft Worth and BMX in Killeen.

Some good news for Killeen/Fort Hood area: I hear rumors that someone is taking over BMX in Killeen and will be opening the store/fields back up and adding some new fields.

Cryer
02-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Vern1-
I checked out your site and prices and all...Holy crap, man! I think it would be worth the gas to drive there just to get a case of Marbs at that price! The field fee is great, too.
The field I play at is $15 walk-on, $5 Air, and $70 for 2000 rnds of Team Colors. There's cheaper paint, too, but its no good.
A 3 hour drive isnt that bad...
I gotta stop by sometime!

Cryer
02-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Who else is from Texas?

Klay01
02-15-2003, 10:01 PM
me and cdawg play out at a homeade field out on our friends land.. today my friend and i fixed up our so called "speedball" field..

rjvemt1
02-15-2003, 10:20 PM
monkeys! all of you, monkeys! well...havoc is a gibbon and cappo is a marmiset, the rest of you...monkeys.ok ok, greyghost, onewodenspoon, langrege.... well no, they are also monkeys, smart ones, but theye are still monkeys!

savethebird
02-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Palestine....we built a speedball field a little way out of town. We go to Twisted Texas a lot. Xtreme Paintball Of Palestine is the local store.

abrewin450
02-18-2003, 10:10 PM
Yea I also play here in B-mont with Klay and Cdawg. Its not bad here cuz we have about 6 scuba's for air and we built a decent field. the only problem is its always wet. But if anyone else is from or near beaumont then send me a PM

nicad
02-18-2003, 11:10 PM
hoostin here..
pbmaxx for equip and shizznit, pettys and tanks for play.
I also have a field in my hometown victoria where i probably play the most.

Daroach
02-19-2003, 02:43 AM
I live in Houston....well actually Katy

I have been to just about all the fields in houston, but i have only played some of them.

The best fields so far is:

Tanks Paintball - prolly ONE of the best (and i ain't saying that cause i work there) www.tankspaintball.com
Twisted Texas - in conroe (big rec ball field, great to just play and laff) www.twistedtexas.com
Petty's Paintball - In my opinion its the best field in austin

Paintball Maxx is prolly the best shop in houston

And the biggest reason to visit Tanks is if you come in on Sunday and see me workin, just ask me, I will let you use my CnC Xmag for a game or two. :D :p :D

Cryer
02-19-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Daroach
And the biggest reason to visit Tanks is if you come in on Sunday and see me workin, just ask me, I will let you use my CnC Xmag for a game or two. :D :p :D
You're on!
*- now if I could just get a day off work... :D

Daroach
02-19-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Cryer

You're on!
*- now if I could just get a day off work... :D

Well if yer planning on comman (any of y'all) PM me to see if i am working, if i am not, i might be able to meet you up there

nicad
02-19-2003, 04:55 AM
hey Daroach.. ya ever ref any of the HRL events?

Daroach
02-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by nicad
hey Daroach.. ya ever ref any of the HRL events?

nope, sure don't, when HRL events happen are the days that i am extremely busy at tanks (as long as the event isn't at tanks) The last HRL event will be held at tanks, i won't be working, but i will be there watching and enjoying the 'bunkering'.

Do u play HRL?

Paintmanmike
02-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Live in Dallas, play at DFW Adventure, Official Paintball of Dallas, Midcities, Extreme Concepts.

Havoc_online
02-19-2003, 04:55 PM
Tx AO'ers look out for my Dallas AO meet thread later today or tomorrow, the more we get over there the better!:)

Cryer
02-20-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
Tx AO'ers look out for my Dallas AO meet thread later today or tomorrow, the more we get over there the better!:)
Direct Link to AO TX thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69101)