PDA

View Full Version : my brother's turn

oldsoldier
01-23-2003, 01:12 AM
Well, I got a call from my brother about 1230 AM last nite. He is being deployed. Funny thing is, he joined a national guard unit coming off of active duty specifically going into a non-deployable unit. Well, guess that ruse didnt work! Anyway, no one was in chat when I got home, and I kinda wanted to tell someone.

Cryer
01-23-2003, 01:22 AM
Where is he going?

spazzed
01-23-2003, 02:59 AM
Only so many places they send NG units :/... Kuwait, Iraq, take your pick.

bornl33t
01-23-2003, 06:07 AM
that's cause the US army is suffering a sever shortage. Infact we are right now wondering if we have enough to pull off Iraq. They are literally reqruiting anyone active and on reserve. MY uncle got called in and he didn't even get to see desert shield/storm.

Watch the news they hit this subject pretty regulary if even for just a brief mension.

Tunaman
01-23-2003, 06:21 AM
Dont worry Old Soldier...this time they are gonna pay bigtime. The air bombardment will be devastating. Sadam should have taken his chance to get out. Your Brother will be fine, and our thought and prayers are with him and all the other guys who stand for what the USA is all about. If I wasn't so old, and they would take me, I would go in a heartbeat.;)

aaron_mag
01-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
Well, I got a call from my brother about 1230 AM last nite. He is being deployed. Funny thing is, he joined a national guard unit coming off of active duty specifically going into a non-deployable unit. Well, guess that ruse didnt work! Anyway, no one was in chat when I got home, and I kinda wanted to tell someone.

I've heard alot people theorize about how to pick a non-deployable unit and it always seems to backfire:D . I'm one who is not hoping for a war at the moment but if we do have to go at it again I hope it is even quicker and more decisive than the last time around...

oldsoldier
01-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Heh, would be kinda funny running into my bro in the desert...Just to clarify, this is my brother's 3rd combat action, if he gets shipped overseas. He was a Ranger for 6 years, then was stationed as Ft Drum as an Air Assault Instructor. He got out of active duty because he wanted to spend more time with his family. Well, looks like he was wrong.
His phone call last nite pretty much consisted of "Guess what? I've been MOBED. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!" So, you see how he's taking it.

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Well I dont no if iraq is communist or not but tell him to kill a commie for mommy

Vex
01-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Iraq is not a communist country, the Taliban are not commies, and neither is Osama Bin Loser and his network of terror. The days of the communist threat are virtually extinct. People who say "go over there to Afghanistan and kill a commie for us!" sound ignorant and stupid.

Your mommy doesn't want you to kill a commie, either.

I feel for your brother. I'll be getting the call as well shortly, and then it's back to lovely Pakistan...

TooDamnSweet
01-23-2003, 07:40 PM
It's always hard when loved ones have to go away. Especially when it's to protect our country. All the men and women who are serving our country, and their families who are patiently waiting for their safe return are in my prayers.

dropkick1
01-23-2003, 11:42 PM
yeah my brother is being deployed too, he said he's heard rumors of next thursday. o well we'll see. for anyone interested he's in the 7th infantry in the mechanized part as a 91w medic M113 apc crew, so but this will be his first combat deployment.

ken