PDA

View Full Version : possible future mag owner

danheneise
01-23-2003, 01:08 PM
hey i'm really thinking about getting a minimag from pbgear.com for $279 and i've heard really good reviews about all mags. I just have one question before i splurge on a mag. I know i won't have enough money for n2/hpa so what do i need to run co2 on a minimag with the least amount of liquid in the gun? i will probably put the co2 horozontally with a drop forward so im thinking about getting an anti siphon put in. I'll probably get a palmer regulator sideline but i don't think that will keep the liquid out and i know that the mags already have regulators built in. Also ne one planning on selling a minimag this summer. i'll probably have enough money by then if i can get a job.

warpfeedmod
01-23-2003, 01:21 PM
I dont have a minimag for sale but I do have a RTPro and CLassic, if you're interested PM me.
also the anti-siphon would be the way to go. Usually some sort of expansion or reg would help as well. Double-regulating (AIR valve and external reg) isn't reccomended but it's not going to hurt anything.

ps. oh yeah welcome to AO!

Dayspring
01-23-2003, 02:01 PM
There's nothing wrong with double regulating. It's TRIPLE regulating that is the problem.

If he goes CO2, it's pressure out of the tank is 850psi. So long as he keeps the 1st reg at a high input, then the AIR valve will not starve. AIR needs around 600psi.

Originally posted by warpfeedmod
I dont have a minimag for sale but I do have a RTPro and CLassic, if you're interested PM me.
also the anti-siphon would be the way to go. Usually some sort of expansion or reg would help as well. Double-regulating (AIR valve and external reg) isn't reccomended but it's not going to hurt anything.

ps. oh yeah welcome to AO!

silenttype
01-23-2003, 04:50 PM
run the co2 through a drop forward then to a hollow foregrip and then to the valve.
I had my Mini like this and it worked fine.
when I put a boo-ya on it with a warp it ran at 16 shots per second on air.

danheneise
01-23-2003, 05:56 PM
cool thanks for the help guys, now just to get a job lol