PDA

View Full Version : H/R H/L on a vertfeed body, how difficult is it?

ß.C.
01-24-2003, 02:03 PM
How difficult is it to put a regular mag barrel on a vertfeed mag? Is it hard to keep it in place? Does it chop a lot more? Any biggies I should know about before I try it myself? Fill me in with your experiences!

Cryer
01-24-2003, 02:14 PM
You can't do it. The feed tube won't line up with the hole in the barrel. You have to buy a barrel specivically made for vert feeds. J&J makes both ceramic and 2-piece barrels for vert feed mags:
http://jjperformance.com/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=5
Dye makes the Boomstick & TI Boomstick for VF:
http://www.dyeprecision.com/titanium_order.html
http://www.dyeprecision.com/boomstick_order.html
And SmartParts makes the Freak for VF but you have to call them and special order it:
1-800-992-2147
You can also get a VF RTPro barrel from the AGD Online store:
http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=333&CATID=5

ß.C.
01-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Yea I know about vert feed barrels. I want to pull this off though because I have no time to order a barrel and I want to go to that thing the tramp set up tommorow. I need to use a powerfeed barrel or I'll have to use my sydarm barrel vert feed barrel(it's like 4inches)

Conqueror
01-24-2003, 02:46 PM
You don't seem to understand... unless you have access to a machine shop and a good operator, YOU CAN'T DO IT. It's not a question of it being difficult to put in. It WILL NOT work without a new twist-lock slot being milled, and even then I'm not sure it could be done.

Try the Sydarm barrel.

CQ

RetroEclipseMan
01-24-2003, 02:55 PM
Well, from my experiences it does work as long as you line the barrel up right. I was getting tired of the sloppy paint to barrel match I had with the stock emag barrel on my norise. So I grabbed my boomy that is HR/HL and put it in using the HR slot and didn't turn it at all, just insert it straight in and check to make sure it's line up. As long as you don't twist the barrel any it should be fine (if you do this then use a barrel bag since you'll twist the barrel taking a barrel plug out). Also make sure you have new barrel o-rings on it so you get a tight fit as well as tighten the twist-lock pin a bit. Have used it like this about 4 times and haven't had a problem at all. So yeah, it can be done.

Conqueror
01-24-2003, 02:58 PM
Not securely though. With your method, it's quite possible that he would pull the trigger and his barrel would sail into the woods.

CQ

ß.C.
01-24-2003, 04:24 PM
conqueror - I think we had enough advice from you ;) your talking to me like I've never played or owned a mag before. I have used all sorts of barrels and currently have powerfeed barrels and one vertfeed barrel. The vertfeed barrel is for my sydarm. I can easily put my powerfeed barrel onto my gun and it DOES stay in the body. My question is if anyone has used it this way in a game, will it stay like that? and if it does, how long?

magman007
01-24-2003, 05:37 PM
well, you can take one of the barrels, and drill the dent into it like damageinc does... but its your risk

RetroEclipseMan
01-24-2003, 05:51 PM
Actually Conqueror, if you would have actually read my post you would have noticed that I said that it does fit secure enough and that I have used my barrel like this quite a bit and haven't had any problems.

Anyways, you could also do what Magman suggested just be careful that you get it lined up just right otherwise the whole barrel will be trashed most likely. Give what I said a shot first and see how it works. I know it's worked good for me. Good Luck Man.;)

FutureMagOwner
01-24-2003, 06:13 PM
benny borrow my custom products barrel tomorrow its not vert feed but its pretty stiff so it should stay in place

ß.C.
01-24-2003, 11:23 PM
too bad I won't be there anymore :(. No help needed anymore, something came up and I won't be at the event :( :( WHY?!!!!(looking up at sky) I'll just buy myself a vertfeed barrel :(

Sinnet
01-24-2003, 11:30 PM
hey B.C.... here's what i'm doin on my no-rise, it works great.

put a second barrel o-ring in the slot towards the front of the barrel, make sure you have plenty of oil on it before you put it on. Put the barrel in, and twist slightly to line it up flush w/the feed tube. It's a little tough to put it in/take it out, but it makes sure it stays in place and works like a charm.