PDA

View Full Version : To be or not to be.... The E-Mini

Peach
01-24-2003, 11:17 PM
I had just read up on the sluggo topic... And it got into the intarchangability of bodies and rails.. ETC...

So I decided to play around with my two mags, Minimag and an e-mag.

First.. is a picture of the minimag body, notice the purtruding part that sets into the body. On the e-mag body, the length or this purtruding part is slightly longer... To make my minimag rail compatible with teh e-mag body i would need to downsize that part...

Shown below....

Peach
01-24-2003, 11:19 PM
So i set that aside and took off the rail of my emag, unattatching the sear etc... I put my intelli frame onto the emag rail and emag body.. I noticed how the emag sear has a smaller hole... And the Regular one, larger. This prevented me from gassing it up and giving my product a test run.

Here it is....

Peach
01-24-2003, 11:21 PM
More....

Peach
01-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Other side....

Peach
01-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Okay... now comming to my conclusion...

I am curious to if this can work gassed up... If it does... I will be happy with my new creation, and my dad will have to buy his own gun(lol). What I need is a Sear for the regular mags, but with the hole through it the size of the emags....

If anyone has the capabilities of creating a regular sear to that hole size, and with the size of spacers on each side so it will work properly in the gun... Please PM Me....

Here is the picture of the emag sear...

magman007
01-24-2003, 11:32 PM
but... the e-mag body will fit onto your regular rail just fine....

Army
01-24-2003, 11:33 PM
I moved this to Tech, where it will have a better chance of an intelligent answer.

Peach
01-24-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by magman007
but... the e-mag body will fit onto your regular rail just fine....

No, the part that fits into the rail is slightly larger then the minimag one. There is a small space between the body and the rail, atleast when I tried it.

01-24-2003, 11:58 PM
i use an emag body on my normal rail and it's just fine.

magman007
01-25-2003, 11:50 AM
peach, trust me, the e-mag body will fit on to a normal body rail there should be no problems. Ask person man for one.

Try to use your origional body rail, its much lighter first of! and you can mount your vert adapter etc better. Trust me it will fit and it will work

Peach
01-25-2003, 11:40 PM
let me show you the pick of the e-mag body on mag rail...

Peach
01-25-2003, 11:42 PM
Now... minimagbody on rail... notice how there is no gap between the rail and body, unlike the emag - regular rail....

But the main point was to actualy get a sear for regualr guns work teh e-mag rail

than205
01-26-2003, 09:53 AM
Peach,
Your best bet may be to find someone to deepen the hole where the pem/weldstud would go. (machine shop)

Peach
01-26-2003, 11:49 PM
I know that :D... But how to make the regular sear fit a e-mag rail.... Who could do this???

Peach
01-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Peach
I know that :D... But how to make the regular sear fit a e-mag rail.... Who could do this???
Up

Peach
01-29-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Peach

up

rikkter
01-29-2003, 08:48 AM
stoppp upping this. only up when you get more pictures :P

Cristobal
01-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Let me see if I understand what you want to do:

First plan:
Emag body on minimag rail with intelliframe
--- this didn't work because the slot in the minimag rail is not quite deep enough for the pem on the bottom of the emag

Second plan:
Emag body on emag rail with intelliframe
--- this solves the problem of the body and the rail fitting together, but now you need to get a sear that works

So, about the sear:
The emag and the rtpro sears both have a bushing in them that their threaded sear pin fits through and screws into the rail (emag and rtpro rails are basically the same). The older-style classic sears have a larger hole, no bushing, and use a non-threaded pin. My suggestion is to let the rail you use dictate the type of sear (ie, if a classic rail, use a classic sear; emag or rtpro rail, use an emag or rtpro sear). You should be able to use rtpro sear interchangeably in place of an emag sear (it just won't have the extra arm for the solenoid, or work with the safety at the back of the emag grip).
In either case it shouldn't matter whether you use an Emag or Minimag valve -- about the only thing to watch for is the length of your on/off valve pin. Particularly if your pin is too short for your rail and sear combo you can have problems with "runaway" firing.

Any of these parts can be bought online in the AGD store, or from vendors like Tunaman. You may find it cheaper to buy a new sear than to have a part milled... Tunaman could probably give you a quote on either so you could compare.

athomas
01-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Use a hand file on the bottom of the protruding lug on the emag body to remove a little metal (not much is needed). The emag body will then fit your regular mag rail.

Buy a rt pro sear if you want to use the emag body and rail with the intelliframe.