PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen the 2003 shocker, if so how is it

blembiggity
01-25-2003, 10:06 AM
i saw the new shocker and it is similar looking to the x mag. does anyone have any info on the new shocker. i know i had a 2002 and i hated it, but i heard the new one is alot better. thanks for the info

blembiggity
01-25-2003, 10:08 AM
here it is

FalconGuy016
01-25-2003, 10:15 AM
ive looked around and that seems to be their only available color?

IcantBelieveit
01-25-2003, 10:44 AM
well it has yet to be realeased

blembiggity
01-25-2003, 11:22 AM
yes i know it isnt out yet but i am sure someone has shot one because it is made. i was just wondering if someone had a comparison too the other shocker. i was not satisfied with mine when i had it. too much timing problems and a gas hog. hopefully the new one is better. i know they have the new 4500 regs which look nice

Snewk
01-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Yes, they slimmed them down a lot from the old "shoeboxes". I like 'em. Maybe a tequila sunrise fade on one would look nice.

blembiggity
01-25-2003, 12:27 PM
i would like a gloss black, hell i even like the blue one but i am wondering about performance wise if they have done anything to it. someone let me know if they have heard of anyone shooting one

nicad
01-25-2003, 12:43 PM
its an inline, spool valve, single solenoid driven closed bolt marker, very similar to the nova and mayhem. why they are still calling it a shocker, i have no idea. maybe cause its still gunna be a POS..??
light weight? maybe. descent ROF? maybe.. theres not much moving mass (Even the bolt is a thin delrin sleve).. but its relying on a combo of porting and dwell to time the fire/open cycle. efficiency? lets just say "dont believe the hype". after looking at the design, i dont see how it could possibly be very efficient. :-/

out!

einhander619
01-25-2003, 03:06 PM
I believe SP is claiming something like 1800 shots off a 68/4500, but they also claim that this gun has a flatter trajectory than other guns. They also say it does 18 bps, pretty damn fast for a closed bolt, when it's been proven that a closed bolt marker can't get abovr about 10 without some kind of force feeding. But it looks sweet, so, like I say, don't knock it 'til you've rocked it.

Gitaroo Man
01-25-2003, 03:33 PM
Anyone know how much they are/will be?

blembiggity
01-25-2003, 03:40 PM
nicad very informative and i appreciate it. i like the look but will have to get some reviews from people before i even consider buying one. i am not knowcking it just yet but i do have to say i am very disappointed with my 2000 vert feed

IcantBelieveit
01-25-2003, 04:04 PM
well i knw i am not comparing apples to apples here, but the cockers have timing issues and regulator issues as well that can be a headace at the field to fix. Just like any marker if setup properly. It can do amazing things. And everyone has a different opinion about different things. The only way you are goin to decide IF YOU like it is to go to the local shope when yhey come out and try it. See how it feels shoots and what not. Smart Parts is a decent company I believe and i thing they have some very good ideas. Sooo lets just wait, and see what the design change has in store.

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-25-2003, 04:05 PM
I give the shocker till 2004 to be able to buy from anywhere in the color you want. I give the Xmag till 2005 for the same.

WARPED1
01-25-2003, 04:11 PM

demonguy8
01-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by blembiggity
yes i know it isnt out yet but i am sure someone has shot one because it is made.

Last I heard they didnt even have a working proto model yet.. so dont hold your breath.

PsychoBaller
01-25-2003, 06:16 PM
I heard the same thing Demon did, about SP not even having a DECENTLY working Prototype on the table yet.

They have a proto from what I've heard.... but its running well is being tinkered with.

Josh2Xtremes will know more cause he went for a visit to SP a week or so ago... hit him up with a PM.. or do a search on this Forum for 2003 Shocker, and look for his most recent post on the subject.

~da baller

rikkter
01-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
I heard the same thing Demon did, about SP not even having a DECENTLY working Prototype on the table yet.

They have a proto from what I've heard.... but its running well is being tinkered with.

Josh2Xtremes will know more cause he went for a visit to SP a week or so ago... hit him up with a PM.. or do a search on this Forum for 2003 Shocker, and look for his most recent post on the subject.

~da baller

lol yeah i've heard the same thing. if i had a company iw ouldn't even advertise a product if i idnd't even have a working prototype. who knows, maybe their design has a flaw and they have to reposition something, and it changes the looks, customers get dissapointed, etc.

IAMJaws
01-25-2003, 06:48 PM
Here's a great pic from www.badlands.com( grea canadian paintball shop) showing the "biggest " difference between the two versions:

Statik7
01-25-2003, 08:34 PM
not doubting it or anythin but any idiot can resize a pic in photoshop to compare it to something

WARPED1
01-25-2003, 08:37 PM
I can't,never used it.

demonguy8
01-25-2003, 09:18 PM
Id take any pics on the new shockers witha grain of salt since the buzz is that they dont even have a working proto yet.. meaning the gun might have to be redesigned before it can be actually made... and also meaning that that pic is not the reall marker (its either not working proto, or its the conceptual design)

Surreal
01-25-2003, 11:34 PM
its a milled and anno'd block of aluminum. that MAY NOT be how its going to look in the end, but its damn close.

nastymag
01-26-2003, 04:10 AM
im fine with my V sport Shocker .... hasnt given me a proplem yet ... just grease it up after everyday of paintballing.

yeah that pic is soooo photo shoped ... look at the size of that tank ....its tiny ,,and the feed neck is thiner then the barrel.

Temo Vryce
01-31-2003, 11:58 AM
I have to disagree with the photo shop comments. The Feed necks are the same size in the shocker comparision pic. If you also look at the trigger frames in the comparison pic you'll see they are also the same. As for the difference in tank size, well the old shocker is running a 114cui if I'm not mistaken and I woudl guess that the new one is running a 68cui if not a 47cui. Sure anyone who has used Photo shop before can edit an image but to edit it and keep so many things balanced in size isn't very easy. "Imitation is the greatest form of flatery>" Smarts Parts has releasised that the Mag is a great marker and is hoping to cash in on that by redesigning the shocker to resemble a mag. To me this is a good thing.

Carbon
01-31-2003, 10:34 PM
I wonder if the world of paintball gun manufacturing is similar to that of computer games. Pop the hype for about a year and a half, "push back" the release date a little....If the company wanted to they could ship a half or 3/4 baked project and just "patch it" Think tapeworm on an impulse, no dis to Impys they are sweet guns, why dont they just sell the worm with the gun duh? More $ for Smart parts i gess. Any way im wondering if the Nerve is a 1up of the new shocker.

Any yall know what the nerve and the new 2k3 shocker retail at? Ballpark?

Im curious too, i wonder if smart parts hire 3rd party product/industrial designers for theyre guns or if its all in house?

WARPED1
01-31-2003, 10:47 PM
The Shocker MSRP is $750.The Nerve is supposed to be $1000+.

Ultimator
01-31-2003, 10:52 PM
I heard these somewhere, but for the new shockers 650-750, nerve is gonna be like 1400.