PDA

View Full Version : rethinking the zgrip

mag-hatter
01-25-2003, 11:50 AM
you know im crazy about trying to innovate stuff for mags and this one is actually pretty good (not to sound arrogent because no one is probably going to like it). its a rough idea that is effective and sweet, but it does need work done on it. If agd found a way to fit the electro parts into a zgrip, then this would be very very sweet!!!

this is a zgrip with a trigger on the right, outside part of the frame. it looks weird, but it puts your hand at ultimate shooting comfort and you can really rip on it without bending your wrist at all!

ok, looking at the numbers on the picture:

#1: this is a crazy version of the roller trigger switch thing that agd just released. its a longer trigger so i figured why not have 2 rollers :confused:
#2: just a pic of the safety
#3: thats an adjustable screw to set the trigger longer or shorter. see how the trigger sort of makes an upside down "L" appearance?
#4: the trigger pushes this rod in (its adjustable as well), and that pushes that whole device thing (look at #6) so it trips the angled sear pin (number 7), thus firing the gun.

#5: i have #5 on there twice because it shows two views of it. its a ball berring that would make it a smooth pull.

#6: this is an angled piece of metal that would trip the angled sear pin. this is required to have an angle on it because instead of strait pushing the sear back, with a regular trigger, you need to angle it so that the trigger on the side can work.

#7: this is the angled sear pin. i probably dont have the angle right on it but if i found it, it would work out alright.

#8: side view of the frame/trigger.

#9: these are groves in the grip that probably shouldnt be there :(. i just realized that it might not be comfortable, and would restrict room inside the frame for electric parts. DAMN!

#10: this is the sear. its longer and angled because it must be at the bottom of the frame. o well, it probably would be a smoother pull because of more leverage?

well, hope you like it. tell me what you think and post any suggestions. thanks.

darklord
01-25-2003, 12:59 PM
That trigger is in an akward position. If you put it perpendicular to the top of the frame (90º angle) so you could roll it with your middle finger vertically, then it'd make sense. Comfort wise I don't think that trigger would work well due to its angle.

oh yeah and I doubt rollers would work well with a manual gun. It'd require more force than an e-trigger...

nicad
01-25-2003, 01:14 PM
Michael Bolton: That is the worst idea I've ever heard!
Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this idea!

:)

mag-hatter
01-25-2003, 11:14 PM
if you actually read anything in my post it says "FOR ELECTRO GUNS" two times.

it would be comfortable actually. imagine you are holding the zgrip. then imagine not having to wrap your fingers all the way around to fire the damn thing.

personman
01-26-2003, 02:01 AM
Wow.. I guess nobody likes leftys :(

mag-hatter
01-27-2003, 07:44 PM
hmmm, you're right.

jk

i guess you could make one for lefties, just turn the trigger around.