PDA

View Full Version : Help!

cockersuk14
01-25-2003, 04:15 PM
My mag is just screwed up. I got it a month ago and its given me nothing but trouble. It leaks out the back of the gun, and after i take a single shot the pressure in the gun is lost. And also my gun will not stop chopping, i have used every kind of paint and it all seem to not work. and not even if i wait at least ten seconds and i make sure the ball is in the chamber it will still chop. someone HELP!

Automag 68 Classic
Freak barrel
crossfire 68 3k
revy
pro drop

darklord
01-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Slow down there buddy... let's knock these problems out step-by-step.

1) The back leakage is normal. The mag's valve has an internal regulator that leaks excess pressure out of the back if there's too high of an input. What's your gun shooting, FPS wise?
2) What insert are you using in your freak? Do a blow test with a few balls from the batch of paint you're shooting. Are you playing in cold weather? Hot weather? What kind of conditions are you playing in? Do you have a wire or a plastic nubbin?
3) Don't know about the pressure loss...can you please explain that in more detail?

athomas
01-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Give us the particulars on your gun.

Body type:
grip frame:
aftermarket parts installed:
velocity setting:
age of the gun:
Anything else that you deem to be of importance:

We'll help as best we can to get your gun fixed.

cockersuk14
01-27-2003, 09:18 PM
i am shooting at around 280-290. I use nitro, have a powerfeed body, a 689. bore size and, and a drop. My gun is only a few weeks old. Thanks for the replies.

cockersuk14
01-27-2003, 09:21 PM
o and im from jersey so its about 10 degrees now but it often get up to 100 in the summer

rikkter
01-28-2003, 08:59 AM
make sure your freak insert isn't bent or have any little flaws sticking out. also, check the nubbin, if its the wire nubbing it might have a sharp edge now. check your bolt, check for flaws etc. if it uses the foamie, is the foamie missing?
turn down your velocity, then try to shoot it.

athomas
01-30-2003, 09:54 AM
If you are shooting 280-290 with a new mag and you are leaking out the back, you may have a piece of dirt in your regulator. This will also cause the gun to have erratic drop-off while firing. Take the reg assembly apart and clean it. Make sure you lightly lubricate the o-rings when you put them back.

The "chopping" you are experiencing probably isn't chopping. Chopping occurs when the gun is fired before the ball gets in the breach. It counds like you are experiencing ball breakage of another sort. Check your barrel nubbin. If it has a broken piece sticking up, it may be shreading the balls.

If the nubbin end is missing or not protruding into the barrel, balls may be rolling forward causing the next ball in line to partially fall into the breach and get chopped when you shoot.