PDA

View Full Version : Finally, an eloquent conservative willing to speak his mind:

Kevmaster
01-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Yep. You read right. FINALLY, someone defends the practice of racial profiling:
http://www.nationalreview.com/derbyshire/derbyshire112502.asp

I give the man top marks, btw the prose is amazing. hes a great writer too

Quiet
01-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Everybody uses racial profiling, it's part of the way the human brain works. But it has some severe limitations, and we should always remain aware of them.

Restola
01-26-2003, 03:40 AM
I enjoy the National Review also. My favorite quote from that article:

If you want to cherish a group identity, you ought to be ready to shoulder the cross that comes with it.

1stdeadeye
01-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Nice article. If you like that, you should check out Alan Keyes sometime. He is a very eloquent Afican American speaker.

Kevmaster
01-26-2003, 11:22 PM
i love being a conservative....to bad my school is run by democrats with their affirmative action...anti war BS

aaron_mag
01-27-2003, 12:27 AM
Our brain does work through classification. This does not make it right, however.

I remember as a young man hiking in Glacier National Park. I decided to try hiking some of the trails on the Canadian side. Just some short day hikes. The Canadian border guards, however, profiled me as a young man coming across the border to raise some cain. They grilled me, searched my car, asked me what my real business was, etc. It was a thoroughly humiliating experience and even though they eventually let me through I turned around immediately and went back to the US side. All because I was young!

Not something I think we should pursue as an official policy. Don't think that we can buy safety by giving up our individual freedoms. That will just make us less free.

nastymag
01-27-2003, 04:12 AM
"i love being a conservative....to bad my school is run by democrats with their affirmative action...anti war BS"

i love being a democrat ... to bad i live next to a bunch of republicans with benifits cutting and world agitating tactics

Curly
01-27-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by nastymag
i love being a democrat ... to bad i live next to a bunch of republicans with benifits cutting and world agitating tactics

Luckily us democrats outweigh the republicans in the bay area.

Kevmaster
01-27-2003, 01:55 PM
lol

mag-hatter
01-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by nastymag
"i love being a conservative....to bad my school is run by democrats with their affirmative action...anti war BS"

i love being a republican...too bad i live next to a bunch of democrats that want us to pay more taxes so we cant go paintballing as much, cant get a good car, cant get cheap gas, and willing to wait until we get nuked to even start slapping the wrist of iraq.

Trigger_Happy
01-27-2003, 10:39 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOOO BLATENT! This thread won't be around for long if the blatent political bashing does not stop.

You might be joking, but as long as that type of joking is supposedly banned, you ought to be careful!

Restola
01-27-2003, 10:53 PM
:D

I'll just watch and enjoy the rest of this

mag-hatter
01-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Trigger_Happy
SOOOOOOOOOOOO BLATENT! This thread won't be around for long if the blatent political bashing does not stop.

You might be joking, but as long as that type of joking is supposedly banned, you ought to be careful!

dude, who are you talking to?

Army
01-28-2003, 01:02 AM
Bang...just like that.