PDA

View Full Version : Leaking out Barrel?

Demobilized
01-25-2003, 06:14 PM
I just got a mag in an online deal. And whenever i try to get it filled air just pours out of the barrel. The guy i bought it from says all RT vavles are like that and to pus hthe bolt back with a dowel, but i was wondering if there is anything i can do to fix this? Thanks!

Demobilized
01-25-2003, 06:16 PM
By the way im running a 68/3000 max flo and the vavle was open when i filled (this is waht the seller told me to do).

TheJester
01-26-2003, 01:31 PM
try closeing the valve, or holding the trigger while you're gas it up. you're suposed to hold the trigger while you gas it up, and i assume the reason it's leaking when you have your tank filled is beause it's also trying to gas up the gun, and it's not a sudden enough burst of air to fully presurize the gun, and seal it. but keeping the valve open on your max flo doesn't make sense to me unless you're filling it in the middle of a game, i've fill my crossfire screw in, during a game while it's still on the gun, with no problem, but the gun was already pressurized. so i would just say close the valve when you do it, i would say he's wrong about keeping the valve open, as you try to fill it, it's gonna want to vent as you fill it, kinda like turning on an air compressor w/ the bleed valve open.....you won't get a whole lot of air built up.

Demobilized
01-26-2003, 02:08 PM
He says the maxflo wont fill with the vavle closed? I looked up on AO and it seems that the trigger trick will work. Thanks