PDA

View Full Version : Barrel length and shots are short

Phreeze
01-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Hello, i recently purchased a classic .68 automag and so far, i have put on an 88ci 4500psi airamerican tank and a 14" dye boomstick on my gun. It seems though that my shots arent going as far as i had hoped for. Seems to me its about the same distance as my spyder. Any tips on how i can make my balls go longer/on a straigter more precise path? I eventually plan on adding a retro valve but i dont think a reactive trigger will do anything with making the balls go further. Thanks for the help.

Bulldog
01-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Welcome to AO. :) There's nothing that will make your balls go further, aside from turning up your velocity. 280 fps is 280 fps is 280 fps...etc. You CAN make your rounds more accurate at further range with a good paint to barrel match. There is a TON of info on this if you do some searches. Here's a chart from pbnation I've found helpfull.

http://pbnation.com/misc2.php?s=&action=barrelchart

Havoc_online
01-25-2003, 11:14 PM
get a good paint to barrel match and chrono(you may just need to turn up your velocity)

Welcome to AO!:)

**bah, too slow**

Phreeze
01-25-2003, 11:24 PM
So, theres nothing else i can do? Im having trouble competing with all the high maintance autockers that have awesome range when i dont :(. Should i then get a longer barrel? Or its just not worth it then?

Havoc_online
01-25-2003, 11:28 PM
dont believe what you hear or read in ad's.

cockers dont have longer range or more accuracy.

longer barrels dont give you greater distance.

just read up on it, you either need to match your paint to your barrel or turn up your velocity.

Phreeze
01-25-2003, 11:37 PM
But, when i turn up the velocity too much, the balls are sportatic and wild-like. Going in all directions (one even went backwards :p) What about increasing the input pressure into the gun. Could that do it? Whats a good recommended ammount?

Bulldog
01-26-2003, 12:08 AM
Somewhere btwn 700-900 psi is usually good. What kind of paint are you using?

Phreeze
01-26-2003, 12:18 AM
usually brand x. but from looking at that chart (sinse i have a boomstick) i will be using marbalizers from now on.

Bulldog
01-26-2003, 12:23 AM
I would try that and see if it solves your problems.