PDA

View Full Version : AO NE Day II: Pics and Stories Thread

Remington
01-26-2003, 12:33 AM
I must say that was a very fun day! From getting to meet Thordic to holding oldsoldier's Xmag(damn that thing is light!), I'd have to say that overall the atmosphere was better than that of AO NE Day I. I wish we could have played on the Sup'Air longer but what are you going to do? What I don't get is why they have guys come in and clean it in the middle of the day!?! The "gerbil field" was fun because it was so big but I got a pretty good sized welt from some rental gun. Can't wait for AO NE Day III!

P.S.
Anyone know when Heather is going to post the video? I want to see if I was in it. Oh and FutureMagOwner, how are the jewels doing? :D Someone post some pics!

big E kingpin
01-26-2003, 01:03 AM
i had fun even though i way over slept and didnt even get to play on the air field, and my emag was on the fritz (thanks to everyone that helped me out with that). and that xmag was just insane, i will buy one as soon as i can put my name on one. it was a good day, i wish i could make the next one, but chances are i will be off at basic training.

oldsoldier
01-26-2003, 01:03 AM
Yeah, it was great fun! I have an egg sized lump on my noggin from Gecko though...hint; a guy with a yellow barrel condom on, walking off the field is OUT! ;)

oldsoldier
01-26-2003, 01:10 AM
I think the funniest (for me) was Thordic doing a backwards butt slide into the dorito...laughing the whole time. It looked cool anyway...:rolleyes:
Course, the problems encounter with my Blue kinda got to me, but my trusty backup worked great!!!

shartley
01-26-2003, 08:03 AM
I am glad folks had a good time.

Mango
01-26-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by oldsoldier

Course, the problems encounter with my Blue kinda got to me, but my trusty backup worked great!!!

So sorry to hear that Bill, I hope you get it figured out fast! :(

FutureMagOwner
01-26-2003, 08:52 AM
he just forgot to turn his velocity up last i checked. i didnt know it was kingpin who i gun i was attempting to fix at the field lol atleast i think it was mossman fixed it when he ran into the wall with the bolt lol

also my jewels are fine remington thank you ;) (waiting to see the video of me falling down though)

Reo5th
01-26-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by SprayingMango

So sorry to hear that Bill, I hope you get it figured out fast! :(

Oh he did (he had to turn up velocity :p )

Reo5th
01-26-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
i think it was mossman fixed it when he ran into the wall with the bolt lol

Um...mossman wasn't there. Gecko, AKA Wilke was the redhead who ran into the wall with the bolt. ;)

RusskiX
01-26-2003, 10:18 AM
Here a group shot...

The action shots didn't come out because it was way too dark, sorry :(

RusskiX
01-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Here's another with our beloved Frygurl who made a special appearance with her hubby. Hopefully their video documentation will come out better than the still pics.

FutureMagOwner
01-26-2003, 10:27 AM
i didnt think it was moss but i didnt know who he was i just figured he was because i vaguely recall moss having red hair :)

also heres the guy who tried to take my stuff

FutureMagOwner
01-26-2003, 10:28 AM
whoops forgot the picture

RusskiX
01-26-2003, 10:43 AM
I'd like to give a big thanks to Tramp! The field turned out to be more fun than I expected; thanks for all your preparation.

Also thanks to Remington for the stunning sign!

And also thanks to Heather & Tony(?) for helping out with the pizza, video and of course your awesome grips and accesories. Seeing them in person for the first time, they are SWEET!

And thanks to everyone else who showed up. It was a blast; I'd have to agree with Remington that the relaxed atmosphere was even more fun than AO NE 1. Looking forward to another in the Spring!

P.S. Yeah, FutureMag, that kid was pretty weasly. He broke one of my elbow inserts. No biggie, but he was kinda squirrely about it. Kinda glad now I didn't let him use my cocker like he wanted; I probably wouldn't have seen it again!

FutureMagOwner
01-26-2003, 10:51 AM
that reminded me of something else i wanted to bring up. my friend mikekpb or whatever his name is on here went to that and didnt get grips and i did but they werent emag ones and they leave gaps on my impulse so im going to give them to him i wondering if i can get a pair of emag grips now.

The Frymarker
01-26-2003, 10:53 AM
I had a great time guys!!!! It was a blast! Manybe next time, in the summer I can do what I always do, some dogs on the bahbie some drinks and fun. I was usually the travelling Chef when my hubby played....I kind of miss it since he doesn't play anymore:( So maybe next time!

I have some pics I know some of the people in them, I thought Tony took more but I guess he just has video. As soon as I can figure out how to put some video online I'll post.

I had a good time and I enjoyed being a "groupie" for the day, it was a nice change of pace. I hope to do it again.

Oh yes and the highlight of the day was Thordic's back spin butt slide into the Dorito...that was some pretty neat butt work:p

The Frymarker
01-26-2003, 10:55 AM

The Frymarker
01-26-2003, 10:57 AM

The Frymarker
01-26-2003, 11:00 AM

The Frymarker
01-26-2003, 11:02 AM

The Frymarker
01-26-2003, 11:04 AM

FutureMagOwner
01-26-2003, 11:43 AM
lol im waiting to see the video but those pics are good :)

Riot[Z-Grip]
01-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Heh, John (aka Remington) managed to get himself in almost all the pics. That was a great time, I really don't think I've had that much fun playing paintball in a LONG time. I actually liked playing the 'gerbil field'. It was relaxing to be able to walk back, grab a pod from someone, fill up and head back up. Airball was great too. And Thor, I should have OWNED you from the 50! :D I hope we can do this again soon, it was great meeting you all.

-Riot

P.S. Special thanks to Heather, my z-grip is loving the smoke grips!

The Frymarker
01-26-2003, 12:10 PM
Aww your very welcome glad I can give something back:D

Future did you not get a pair of Emag Grips? I just found an extra pair in my bag, they are clear....let me know.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get video on here.:confused:

FutureMagOwner
01-26-2003, 12:33 PM
make an angel fire website or maybe tom or someone will host it for you.

yeah your brother or your husband came up and asked if i wanted some emag grips and i said sure so we walked up and asked and you said you didnt have any more so he gave me some 45 grips

The Frymarker
01-26-2003, 12:46 PM
It is not the hosting it is the software. I'll have to figure it out.

PM me your address and I'll send them to you.

Take care

mikekpball
01-26-2003, 01:25 PM
yesterday was sweet. i had alot of fun on the airball field . i wished they cleaned it at the end though. i cant wait to do it again. hey dave i want to see the video of you getting shot in the nuts. thanks alot tramp

The Frymarker
01-26-2003, 01:33 PM
Yeah I remember that, I think we got that on tape or at least the owwww part.:D

mikekpball
01-26-2003, 01:34 PM
hopefully im in the video with my american bandana. thanks for the tshirts and grips.

The Frymarker
01-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Oh no problem it was my pleasure

TheTramp
01-26-2003, 04:24 PM
I'm glad everyone had a good time! I sure did. It wasn't as organized as the first NE AO day (no mini tournys ect) but fun none-the-less. Having to get off the air field did suck but we did get half the day on it and a bunch of good games in.

I for one, wasn't too happy about the paint issues in the morning but I guess that's why I need to get a Freak! The paint oosing out my Impluse barrel was pretty nasty. How about the game where I ran up the right tape to finnish off the last guy in the back bunker and all that came out was the "shot-gun effect!" I got him in the end however. :cool: ;)

That one guy was shady from the beginning when he lied to the staff telling them that he was part of AO day. They called him on it. I probably should have said something but I wasn't sure if he was there with one of us so I didn't want to insult someone's friend. All I know is that I kept my eye on him all day and made sure he was't left alone with my stuff.

I know that Dansim's already got ideas for NE AO day III in the works for some time in then spring so that's bound to be bigger and better than anything so far.:eek: :)

oldsoldier
01-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Nice!!! And, I think that kid was scared of me...he kept looking at me. Maybe he liked me? I dont know...anyway, that spraypaint bunker thung was pretty amusing...when are you planning the next NE AO? More importantly, where?

FutureMagOwner
01-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I for one, wasn't too happy about the paint issues in the morning but I guess that's why I need to get a Freak! The paint oosing out my Impluse barrel was pretty nasty. How about the game where I ran up the right tape to finnish off the last guy in the back bunker and all that came out was the "shot-gun effect!" I got him in the end however. :cool: ;)

lol that was me i twitched and figured you hit me and i just didnt feel it then when i realized you didnt i tried to nail you but you got me first lol

Remington
01-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Hahaha . . . I remember that! I was kneeling in the deadbox watching Tramp come around the side of the can and hearing him yell and watching you just standing there with this puzzled look on your face. Anyway, as soon as you get the video figured out Frymarker make sure it's well publicized I'm sure everyone on AO will want to see it. :D

darklord
01-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Yeah today I went to BP Somerville with a bunch of other AOers... only recognized Mossman, thedeem0n, beefstew, and me... but man was it fun. Had to borrow a classic mag though without LX cause my e-mag is in pieces :mad:. Well I did get bunkered by Moss once :o and had like one kill all day, but it was my first indoor game, and man, am I hooked. That kid with the glasses and imp bunkered me too :mad: ... that kid was pretty slick, didn't catch his name though.

Reo5th
01-27-2003, 01:02 AM
Don't you love BP somerville?! When I have the $$$ we gotta go there again. Also, if we could weasle our way into it, I'd love to work out an AO day there.

Any news on the video Heather?

Also, I figured out what was wrong with my Maxflo the whole time. Easy fix, but I'm still selling her :( I'm too hooked on the Flatline tank and MUST buy one!

Oh and tom...the Xmag is NOT FAIR. a warning to all emag users: i strongly suggest you don't touch an xmag...unless you want to drop $1300 on the spot!

The Frymarker
01-27-2003, 07:18 AM
I going to work on the video today, if my software doesn't work I'll get one that will....stay tuned

Thordic
01-27-2003, 09:24 AM
I forgot to post here yesterday, I was tired and I have a cold so thats my excuse :)

Anyway, I had a blast up there, definitely worth the 4-hour drive up.

OS made the ultimate mistake on Friday night, though, and took me out for Mexican. There are some of you who realize why that is a mistake, and those who don't know, don't worry about it :)

In any case, we got to the field at a little before 10, and Tramp, IWannaRiot, and some others were there already, while others filtered in shortly after. The field was freezing cold but either it or I warmed up considerably as the day went on. No heat in the warehouse. :)

The paint was TINY, .682 was still rolling through without much resistance, I know someone was using a .679 insert. Some people had issues, it was pretty brittle. I had a barrel break in my mag, but unfortunately my mag wasn't shooting well at under 285 and I had to put it down for the day. Thanks to RusskiX for letting me borrow his cocker and angel on and off throughout the day.

When we got tossed from airball and were mixed in with the rentals on the gerbil field, I switched to my spyder just for the hell of it. That was the messiest field I have ever played on, by far. It's sawdust on concrete, and with all the paint thats been slung around theres sawdust/paint slop all over. One game I did a full-field crawl, from one end to the other, and it looked like someone had taken a paint roller to me.

It was a great day though, I had fun playing all day and listening to their silly accents. To all of you, a revvy is NOT a "hoppah". ;) I'll have to come up for the next one if I'm not busy, its not too far and it was a lot of fun.

I have some pictures, I'll have to upload them when I get home from work today.

Thanks to Mike Goody and the P&L staff for having us, and for running such a great place to play.

Thanks to Heather for the freebies, those pink pearl grips are definitely ending up on one of my guns.

Thanks to TheTramp for setting this all up. Looking forward to the next one.

TheTramp
01-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
Anyway, I had a blast up there, definitely worth the 4-hour drive up.

It was great that you made it up. Hopefully you'll be able to come up again in the spring!

OS made the ultimate mistake on Friday night, though, and took me out for Mexican. There are some of you who realize why that is a mistake, and those who don't know, don't worry about it :)

Oh we found out about it alright. :mad: ;)

The field was freezing cold but either it or I warmed up considerably as the day went on. No heat in the warehouse. :)

It was pretty cold in there. I think that was part of the paint issues.

The paint was TINY, .682 was still rolling through without much resistance, I know someone was using a .679 insert. Some people had issues, it was pretty brittle.

In the morning it was one bounce paint AT BEST. Of course when I tried to show people how it would break every time I droped it, it bounced.

When we got tossed from airball and were mixed in with the rentals on the gerbil field, I switched to my spyder just for the hell of it. That was the messiest field I have ever played on, by far. It's sawdust on concrete, and with all the paint thats been slung around theres sawdust/paint slop all over. One game I did a full-field crawl, from one end to the other, and it looked like someone had taken a paint roller to me.

That field really is a mess. I've still got sawdust on my stuff even after it went through the wash.

I pulled out my Spyder near the end of the day for a little fun. The strange thing is, it broke less paint than anything else I shot all day. Aparently my Mag also didn't break much paint. I wish I'd been able to use that. ;)

It was a great day though, I had fun playing all day and listening to their silly accents. To all of you, a revvy is NOT a "hoppah".

This is rich coming from the guy who was talking about the "wooder" he and his college buddy jumped into one night! :p

Thanks to Heather for the freebies, those pink pearl grips are definitely ending up on one of my guns.

Absolutly! Lots of thanks goes to Heather (and her hubby) for the grips and t-shirts as well as the video and other help.

Thanks to TheTramp for setting this all up. Looking forward to the next one. ;)

And thanks to everyone for coming out and having a good time!

Thordic
01-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Its "Wuter" not "Wooder" :)

Anyone who says "Wah-ter" should be publically shamed.

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Thanks again to everyone for the great time. I loved playing airball as I have not played with that level of competition before. I missed the butt-slide, nutshot, and Tramp's "shotgun effect" so I'm dying to see any photos or video we got of them. I'm glad no one got video of me blasting my hand point-blank trying to clear broken paint from the barrel. I thought I had stopped the feed, and boy did I really wish I had. Hurt like crazy.

AO DAY III
I would love to do it again but I strongly suggest Boston Paintball Somerville. Their field is longer and more tournament-style, their paint is much better and closer to .68 for those of us with one or two barrels(no breaks in Somerville or back at my apartment with 32 degrees paint, when I had a break almost every game at PNL), and they don't have the idiotic notion of cleaning the field at 1pm. They always do it at night and would tell us a little sooner than half an hour if it was different. And NO SAWDUST! I was cleaning that crap out of my gear for hours (harness still has sawdust all in the velcro). They usually do separate rental/own games so you can play hard with equally matched people and usually have 4-5 refs who are seasoned players themselves. Much higher rate of game turnaround too, I absolutely love playing up there. For those who haven't, 100% new Sup'Air tournament-length, really good carpet which is easy to slide on and easy on the knees.

Remington
01-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Heather . . . must see . . . video . . . [gasp]! :D UP!

The Frymarker
01-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Okay let's see if this works

It didn't work, okay I need help. I saved the video as an avi, how do I get it on here?

shartley
01-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by The Frymarker
Okay let's see if this works

It didn't work, okay I need help. I saved the video as an avi, how do I get it on here?
You must put it on a server we can all access.... then post a link to that location.

The Frymarker
01-30-2003, 09:53 AM
Okay I'm clueless, how about I email it to someone that knows how to link it.

shartley
01-30-2003, 09:54 AM
If you like, you can e-mail it to me at sjh@gbsu-usa.net and I will put it on my server and link it for folks.

The Frymarker
01-30-2003, 09:56 AM
okay thanks Sam here it comes

I am sending 4 right now, they are 30 seconds a piece at 1.8 meg. My take a little bit.

shartley
01-30-2003, 10:03 AM
Okay.. I was beginning to wonder. ;)

shartley
01-30-2003, 10:19 AM
I just got Capture2 and it is only 704K... it starts and then goes blue. Is this suppose to be that way? Your other post says they are much larger.

ADDED: I just got Capture2 again... it is the same, 704 and turns blue.

shartley
01-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Heather.. it just occurred to me. You have your own server space. LOL You have a site for your grip business. It would be easier for you to just upload those files directly into your hosting account and link from there.

The Frymarker
01-30-2003, 12:18 PM
Okay I think I have it, if it works I guess I'm not as dumb as a post hehe

http://www.frymarkdesign.com/frygrips.htm

Go to the pricing button etc. and under that is a link to a video clip, the clip is 1936k so it is rather large for only 30 sec of video. Best to down load it and save on your hard drive.

Let me know if it is a go and I'll post some more.

shartley
01-30-2003, 12:28 PM
That worked just fine... and only took about 10 seconds to download. :D

TheTramp
01-30-2003, 12:38 PM
I guess I'm nuts. I can't seem to find the link.

shartley
01-30-2003, 12:39 PM
It is right below her menu buttons.... but here, this should be easier....

http://www.frymarkdesign.com/Capture.avi

mikekpball
02-02-2003, 02:48 PM
so there is 30 seconds of video? it is downloading for me right now....

mikekpball
02-02-2003, 02:59 PM
the video is sweet. its kind of blury though

The Frymarker
02-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Yeah there was enough lighting for the camera.

FutureMagOwner
02-03-2003, 04:10 PM
didnt you guys get more video i wanna see me falling over in agony

The Frymarker
02-03-2003, 04:16 PM
That wasn't on there I went through the whole tape:(