PDA

View Full Version : small recharge problem

CBlackjr
01-26-2003, 01:51 AM
after a long round of rapid fire for my automag it did not appear to recharge after the last shot. The compressed air gauge read 1300 psi yet the small silver pin that the trigger activates would not return to the ready position. I tried fooling with the velocity adjuster to get more presure to the gun but still nothing. Later when i took it apart to clean it i saw that the small on/off valve assembley seemed to have popped out out.http://www.airgun.com/Images/rtblowup.pdf (page 2). Weather or not it is the on/off assembly how would i go about fixing this so it does not happen again.

BajaBoy
01-27-2003, 02:29 PM
do u have an inline? or xchamber?

athomas
01-27-2003, 02:58 PM
You experienced bolt stick. When the bolt doesn't reset itself, the sear holds the on/off pin up and the trigger rod back as you described.

If you have a level 7 bolt, check the length of your bolt spring. If it doesn't extend about 1/4" past the tip of the bolt then it is weak and past its prime. Replace it. If it is fine then check the power tube spacers. A spacer that is too short may cause bolt stick as well.

CBlackjr
01-27-2003, 03:35 PM
I believe it is an inline. Its a valve from my TKO automag and its only been used four times.

athomas
01-30-2003, 10:12 AM
If the valve is new then the bolt spring is probably ok, but it still sounds like bolt stick. The rail and intelliframe combination may have altered where the bolt sits in the power tube while at rest. If you have a power tube spacer kit, try moving to a longer spacer.

When the on/off assembly is in the gun it doesn't move because it is held in place by the body of the gun. Only the pin moves when pushed by the sear assembly. You don't have to worry about it.