PDA

View Full Version : Cold and Problem

runningman
01-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Yesterday, I played outside in about 30 degree F temperatures. I have an RT Pro with level 10. I am using a proconnect to gas the gun. It had worked perfectly fine at room temperature. However, after being in the trunk of my car on the drive there, the gun had significantly cooled to air temperature. I then tried to gas up the gun by connecting the proconnect to the adapter on my tank. The gun then just blew air out of the back of the regulator through the HEX key hole. I disassembled the gun, put some oil on the powertube and bolt and reassembled. I turned down the velocity and the gun fired perfectly. I then returned the velocity to original setting and it also fired fine.

I am assuming that the cold was responsible for this and I want to know if anyone has also had this problem

runningman

battlegroup
01-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Very cold temps can cause your o-rings to shrink, can cause any moisture (humidity) in the gun to freeze causing a leak, and can cause your oil to become thick not allowing parts to move as freely (depending on the oil you use). If you are not checking your gun at the chrono every time you play, the temp differences can cause large velicity fluctuations, some of which will cause the gun to vent out the back. This usually occurs going from cold to hot though.
The cold probably caused you reg piston to stick causing the venting. When you changed the velocity it loosened it up and it fired fine.

TheTramp
01-27-2003, 11:36 AM
That happens to me almost everytime I gass up my gun. Hot, cold, whatever. Just pull the trigger a couple of time and the internals should seat properly and the leak will be gone.

battlegroup
01-27-2003, 12:22 PM
Degass your gun and try taking the velocity adjuster off and the internals out and cleaning the reg piston (brass part) and oiling it. It might fix your problem.

Smokee_2_7
01-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Ive had the same thing happen to me a couple times recently. My guns stay in the shop (no 'cold' trunk storage) but a couple times over the past week ive gassed up one of my retromags and had the same violent venting from the back. Turn the air off, back the velocity screw out, re-gass, adjust velocity again, and everyting seems to be fine- -- - except for my wild velocity jumps. That im not sure of and am addressing in another post.

Carl