PDA

View Full Version : macroline vs steel line

Klay01
01-26-2003, 01:50 PM
please post your thoughts on a macroline vs a steel line.. for an automag rt. thanks

Grayso
01-26-2003, 02:13 PM
Macroline is easier to adjust, change, and remove. And the colored hoses are pretty too.

FutureMagOwner
01-26-2003, 02:43 PM
what he said but macroline is more likely to burst(or their fittings) i personnaly use steel hose from now on to save headaches in the long run

AlabamaMan
01-26-2003, 02:51 PM
I always use macroline. I've never had a problem with it bursting, even when i'm running 1000 psi output from my flatline. I hate steel braided line, i can attribute every scratch on my gun to it.

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-26-2003, 02:54 PM
I like the macro the best but my angel came with steel braided and I no I'm way to lazy to change it so I say go with steel braided. It also will never leak if you take care when putting it in the first time.

Fatjon
01-26-2003, 03:37 PM
I use Macro

FalconGuy016
01-26-2003, 03:48 PM
Macro all the way! :)

Xerces
01-26-2003, 03:51 PM
macro

TheJester
01-26-2003, 04:10 PM
steel braided, let me tell you why...one time i went to slide into a bunker (i slide on my knees keep in mind) god knows what happened, but the macro bursted, venting alllllllll of my air, needless to say, i was done for that game, ever since i have used steel braided. but i also do just like steel braided, i think it's actually easier to work w/, or fix a minor leak

Clare
01-26-2003, 04:19 PM
steel braided is a lot more durable and you don't have to worry about it bursting on you. If you're worried about it scratching your gun just use heat shrink wrap, which is what I do.

J
01-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Macro has bursted on my twice, with 2 different sets! Steel has never ever given me a problem, which is what I use. Yet my friend uses MICRO line, never bursted on him...

Nobody077
01-26-2003, 10:02 PM
SS is my choice. If your worried about scraches or want colors use some heatshrink on the SS lines. Heatshrink comes in lots of colors:)

Temo Vryce
01-26-2003, 11:02 PM
It's a matter of personal choice. Soem people say that the steel lines can take more punishment but the macro has the advantage that it can be cut to what ever length that you require. I have run both and personally I preffer the macro because I can cut it to length. What ever you choose to use make sure that install it correctly and take care of it. Even Steel lines can break.

afrankart
02-03-2003, 12:01 AM
macro all the way. makes it so much easier to diss your gun on the field

Mgwannabie
02-03-2003, 02:13 AM
no one ever says ne thing about the weight of the SS now if ur trying to keep ur marker light like i try too, this concerns me, the SS is A LOT heavyer then the macro, i have never had problems with macro even running at 1000, never poped but i do keep extra in my toolbox just in case.

Blazestorm
02-03-2003, 02:59 AM
I only "bursted" one piece of macro and that was with an apocalypse with the output pressure set around 1700 I think... I did not know this when I purchased it, I filled the tank up... flipped the switch on than BOOM, the first thing that came to my mind was turn it off... I was deaf for about 20 minutes... I got a new piece of macroline, turned it down to the lowest it would go, told someone if they were daring enough to turn it on at the chrono range they could have a pod of paint. Some newbie guy... first time playing said "I'll do it!" he went to the chrony, flipped the switch, turned the safety off, put the pod of paint in the hopper, took the barrel plug off and started ripping away... I was like "wonder what gun that is" I turn around and see this red-orange gun blasting paint at the target... I was like "wow... thats... my gun!" I was so happy, I lent the guy the gun a few games for doing that, I was scared ****less from that burst...

But! I still trust macroline

Reo5th
02-03-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Blazestorm
I only "bursted" one piece of macro and that was with an apocalypse with the output pressure set around 1700 I think...

I burst two pieces of macro in one day...And i'm still stuck using it.

battlegroup
02-03-2003, 11:00 AM
I have seen many Macro lines break and have yet to see a steel braided one go. I have seen guys drop their guns from the shock of the macro breaking and putting some huge scratches in them. I have also seen some nasty bruises from macro breaking against skin and making huge bruises on arms. Never seen anything like this with Steel braided hose. Macro is easier to work with to get a tight fit but STEEL BRAIDED is just MUCH SAFER. And like Capo said get some colored heat shrink tubing to put around the hose to make it pretty and not scratch.

Smoke
02-03-2003, 11:00 AM
I've run the same macro for almost 4 years now, no problems. Ya just gotta take care of what you got.

RamboPreacher
02-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
steel braided is a lot more durable and you don't have to worry about it bursting on you. If you're worried about it scratching your gun just use heat shrink wrap, which is what I do. I am still trying to work out th efinal configuration for my CnC Xmag, and though I don't really have a problem with the macroline, I would really like for that line to "match" my marker as possible.

I have only seen one color of green macro, and it didn't look like I wanted it on my xmag. and so am considering steel braided, but have been unable to find the heat-shrink tube to fit it, and especialy a color that I want. - where can I get that heat-shrink tubing? is there an online place?

If I can't get the right color of macro or heat-shrink, I will probably use the black macro tubing that I have an abundance of.

Clare
02-03-2003, 02:03 PM
where can I get that heat-shrink tubing? is there an online place

I got mine from Radio Shack but I use black. I checked the online store and they only seem to carry red, black, white, blue, and clear. I know that I have seen a green and dark green somewhere but I don't recall where. If you have a Fry's Electronics store in your area, they carry a huge selection of heat shrink tubing in all different colors, sizes, and lengths. If I come across it, I'll let you know.

Temo Vryce
02-03-2003, 03:54 PM
There's a few places arround here that sell it, RP. If you can post of Pic of the color you need I'll see if I can find something close to it.

Nobody077
02-03-2003, 04:23 PM
I get my heatshrink from a local electronics parts store. As for the size, look for 1/2 , that should work good as most has atleast a 2:1 shrink rate. You could try online dealers like Digikey.com (no min order)for the heatshrink, but itwould be best to find it local so you can see the color.