PDA

View Full Version : Stock grip frame....

madmatt151
01-26-2003, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone, I am building a mag for someone and I wanted to know what grip options there are for a stock AGD frame? I have ols Smart PArts wood grips and am trying to get money together for an intelliframe. I want to give him something nicer than the stock ones. What options are there and where can I get them? Thanks.

FutureMagOwner
01-26-2003, 03:17 PM
if you give him the stock frame then heather(frymarker) could custom make some for you that fit :)

Riot[Z-Grip]
01-26-2003, 03:25 PM
VL made some hard rubber grips once, maybe there are still some around somewhere. I believe that in the AGD Store there are some hard rubber ones as well.

-Riot

FalconGuy016
01-26-2003, 03:52 PM
They arent .45 frames? I thought they were (then you could just buy dye stickies or equivalent). I reccomend the intelliframe then

FutureMagOwner
01-26-2003, 04:13 PM
no they arent they screw in the center of the grip portion of the frame

shartley
01-26-2003, 04:21 PM
I also make custom grips... the Dealer Forum has an example of some custom wooden grips I just made for someone.

I am also working on some rubber grips, gel rubber grips, and plastic grips.....
(Today in fact I am working on .45 grips that are specially sized for the IntelliFrame… looking sweet. They should be available in several materials and colors in the near future….)

madmatt151
01-26-2003, 05:29 PM
I definitely thought of you and your wooden grips, but on your site you only show 45 style two hole grips. I haven't seen anything with the one hole for the original frame. If you do make them, could you please send or post a picture of them. Again, this is for a gun that I am making for someone. The money he is givingme is financing my Retro Valve, so I want to make him happy, since he is making me so happy! Thanks!

shartley
01-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Not everything I do has been put on my site. The AO Keychains are not on my site either... ;)

Here you go, you will see that these are single hole .45 grips.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65234

shartley
01-26-2003, 06:20 PM
And here you go for quicker reference….

I just took these off the buffing wheel and will be packaging them up to be shipped off this week.

shartley
01-26-2003, 06:57 PM
Also, if you want to use your old Smart Parts wooden grips, but have them shaped a bit more to add more style and uniqueness, and then re-stained and finished, that can be done as well. This would actually cost you less since I would not have to make the blanks for them, or start from scratch. I would just be refining grips that you already have and you know fit your frame.

This is another great alternative for a custom look and feel without breaking your bank.

HoppysMag
01-26-2003, 10:51 PM
hey sam. i have a proposition for you... check ur PM's

shartley
01-27-2003, 07:17 AM
Sent reply.... :)