PDA

View Full Version : HALO wear and tear

Top Secret
01-26-2003, 03:55 PM
I'm interested to see some of the issues that some people have encountered with long-term HALO use. I recently examined both mine, and my captain's clear HALO Bs. One thing I noticed was cracking on the battery door around the screw hole. On my personal loader, I noticed small cracks on the sides rim where you load balls in from(I'm sure there is a name for this, but it eludes me at the moment).

Neither of these issues really effects the actually loading operation of the HALO B. I have been very pleased with its preformance so far(other than being a pain in the neck to clean out).

*btw the cleaning was due to a horrible batch of Evil paint combined with me hitting a bunker really hard, and not the fault of the loader itself.

Are the black shells more durable?

Doobie
01-26-2003, 04:12 PM
No, I don't think so. I had a black shelled "A" that I sent in for the "B" mod and a Shell upgrade. The black shell was cracking at the screw hole on the battery door also. I have since recieved the new one and it has not seen as much use yet. I did however manage to crack my new lid, right at the thin part where it attaches to the body. I e-mailed them about a new lid and have yet to recieve a response. I wish they would go to a more flexible lid as this is the second one to crack on me.(The original lid cracked, but they replaced it) Maybe "harder" does not mean tougher. Maybe a softer, more flexable material would work better?:confused:

Clare
01-26-2003, 04:13 PM
I don't think the black shells are any stronger, the colored shells are made of the same polycarbonate material.

I don't use a halo but I have seen some cracking in both the black and clear/colored ones. They blame it on hard bunker hits.

Curly
01-26-2003, 04:34 PM
I had the battery cover break, the lid snap, a motor fry and i lost a couple of screws. Odyssey was great when all these things happened and each time sent me replacement parts quickly for no charge.

JEDI
01-26-2003, 04:42 PM
FYI, we played a tourney today, and my front guy had a cracked battery cover right near the screw. Loads very well though.

FalconGuy016
01-26-2003, 04:57 PM
The evils of Halo have been brought forth

BajaBoy
01-26-2003, 05:11 PM
i fell Hard on the ice with my clear one. broke the elbow off too. but nothin happend to the halo:)

FESTUS33
01-26-2003, 05:28 PM
I originally had an A model, which Odyssey
upgraded for me at IAO last year.
The only problem I've had is apparently
the most common one, the battery cover
on my black shell's cracked around the
screw hole.
This is not really a performance issue,
and I've changed to clear blue shell's
so I'm not going to worry about it.
I think part of the problem might be
attributed to over tightening of the
battery cover screw.
Just my .02
Rick

lonsch
01-26-2003, 05:37 PM
i have 2 halo's my first one was one of the first halo a's to comeout. the only problem i had with it was i cracked the battery door cover, but i learned that it was from screwing the screw in to much. you only need light pressure on that screw. i had that halo a upgraded to a b and have used it every weekend since i bought it and never had any problems with it.

rdb123
01-26-2003, 06:01 PM
That's one thing I hate about the HALOs.... The very first time you get it, the screws are in there really tight and sometimes I just give up trying to get them out.

Other than that, great loader.

-Ron

jwa158
01-26-2003, 06:09 PM
all the halo b's have that lil "crack" looking thing by the feed neck.

Gecko
01-26-2003, 06:12 PM
if you have a cracked batt door call up odysessy. First batch of cover's mold was done wrong. New ones are better

Doobie
01-27-2003, 12:09 AM
I would like to add that I LOVE MY HALO B. It, along with the plastic nubbins brought my paint chopping under control. The addition of LVL 10 just made my marker better. It does have a few problems with durability, but I wouldn't trade it for a Revy, Egg II, or Richo, any day! :D

TransMan
01-27-2003, 12:31 AM
yeah a Small crack here or there or even a Lid breaking is better than a neck snapping ;)

JEDI
01-27-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by jwa158
all the halo b's have that lil "crack" looking thing by the feed neck.

No, its not a lil "crack" looking thing by the feed neck. Its a crack. And the battery door cracks easily too. Over tightening is the problem, but it is a pain to get new shell parts.

Curly
01-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Call Odyseyy and tell them that your battey cover cracked. I am sure that they will send you another one. Free of Charge.

dnm5d
01-27-2003, 01:28 PM
Lid broke off in one place after several uses...used some epoxy to fix it, the next day out, the lid broke off in a different area.

Evil Bob
01-27-2003, 02:14 PM
No complaints here at all, 4 halos (2 were A's that odyssey converted to B) no cracks or broken parts todate.

-Evil Bob

Doobie
01-27-2003, 08:05 PM
I just e-mailed Al at Odyssey last night at 11:00 pm. This morning I get a reply from him at 9:23 AM that a new one will be sent out today. NOW THAT IS SERVICE!:cool:

Big ups for Odyssey!