PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Intelliframes

kopfjaeger
01-26-2003, 09:16 PM
How about making carbon fiber intelliframes or z grips. That carbon fiber stuff is very strong and doesn't wear away like aluminum. It also seems like it would be cheaper to produce and market to lower end customers and maybe convert some of the spyder kids to automags. Also, how about a steel thread insert for the x-valve where it connects to the frame. This might save on wear and tear and maintain the AGD durability factor.

big E kingpin
01-26-2003, 09:25 PM
carbon fibre does infact wear understress. it chips, and begins to almost unravel. i hade a carbon fibre mountin bike frame and took a few diggers with it after the first summer it was chipped in some stress spots, never mind hitting rocks and stuff. im sure the stress of my 230 lbs body would be alot less the that of a trigger framejust dont drop it. if i recall that stuff isnt all that cheap either

it would sure look really nice though

Sinnet
01-26-2003, 11:06 PM
or... why not make a composite intelli, out of the same stuff as the stock frame, and make it come stock on mags. That stuff is extremely strong (theres a pic of it holding up a miata somewhere) and it would take away some of the RoF problem stock mags have.

kopfjaeger
01-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Yeah i meant the stuff that the stock frame is made of, the composite. That is some tough material. I've had the stock frame for 10 years and it still looks and performs well but it would be an even better intelli.