PDA

View Full Version : WHAT the heck is this? (new loader)

JEDI
01-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Look at this peice of crap. Whats the point?

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1726_482010001

http://www.viewloader.com/product.asp?item_num=30&fam=Electronic+Loaders

rifleman
01-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Probably marketing towards a lower costing hopper. (hopefully, anyway--it' only feeds at 8bps)

digitard
01-27-2003, 03:06 PM
Yeah, that was already discussed today

:)

Its an "entry" level loader designed to be VERY cheap for people who are still using non-motorized to at least show them some love :)

Its better than a VL200

Sincerely,
Dave K

cris8762
01-27-2003, 03:24 PM
i'm thinking it's the replacement for the 9v rev

agdemagman69
01-27-2003, 07:13 PM
looks like one of those vibrating loaders;)

FreshmanBob
01-27-2003, 07:20 PM
From the look of the shell, all i can say is..

smashy smashy!

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-27-2003, 07:37 PM
That is super fugly but o well yea prolly a replacement for the 9v

mag-hatter
01-27-2003, 07:48 PM
what a pile of...brass.

why did they only put one paddle on it?!?! who only shoots 8bps anymore! even stock players can outshoot that thing :D.

halB
01-27-2003, 08:08 PM
i wouldnt be suprised if pump players get it though. 200 rounds is a bit much for pump, a 140 would be juuuuuuuust right.

-=Squid=-
01-27-2003, 08:19 PM
1) Its faster than a VL 200
2) Its 30 dollars
3) IT looks similar to a HALO
4) Give ita reast people, its a good entree level hopper :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EsPo
01-27-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by agdemagman69
looks like one of those vibrating loaders;)
mach 404.. hehe

Kevmaster
01-27-2003, 08:28 PM
guys....

1) this is not ment towards people who have 12v Revvies, Egos, Riccos or Halos...

2) there are MANY automags out there that cant do a 8bps string for 2-3 seconds...yes AUTOMAGS!

give BE a break. they are making an ENTRY LEVEL PRODUCT...not a HIGH END product(they alrady have one)

Mr.Minus
01-27-2003, 09:11 PM
anyone ever think if might be for the few rare pump players out there?
i play pump quite a bit...just think its more fun, and i think its a great loader, good size good idea, but i agree its a pretty bad design...
just stop bashing every product you see???
if you dont like it just keep your mouth shut...

mag-hatter
01-27-2003, 11:32 PM
would it be possible to put 12v stuff in there and go for it?

confedman75
01-27-2003, 11:34 PM
capacity of a halo

loading speed of a 9v

probably the price of a 12v x-board

What is the point?

is there anything good about that loader?

cris8762
01-28-2003, 11:05 PM
uh, it costs 30 bucks.....:rolleyes:

FreshmanBob
01-29-2003, 10:03 AM
the old 9 volts you could switch the board an go 12 volts but this looks like there isn't enough room for 2 9 volt batteries.

shartley
01-29-2003, 11:03 AM
From what I see, it would very well fit a market need. Shake and bake players are not shooting massive BPS anyway. And at $30 it would very well make these players very happy. Also as stated, pump play would work well for these as well. It allows someone to have a motorized hopper that does not need lightning fast loading speeds, but don’t want to have to worry about ball jamming. And the price set at $30 is, in my opinion, perfect.

I may even look into buying one for my son, and maybe my wife. If only for testing purposes… they currently have un-motorized hoppers… and guess what? They do just fine. ;)

Contrary to what popular belief seems to be, most players don’t play tournaments or require blazing fast ROFs. Heck, I would be willing to bet that most players are not even shooing as fast as they THINK they are. ;)

BE is not aiming this product for the high end market. And it kind of bothers me that some folks seem to want to put down any product that is not up to the same standards as the high end equipment. I think BE did a good job with this product, allowing a smaller stepping stone at an affordable price. Sure I personally would not use it on my RTPro and would sooner have a Halo (but am running a 12V Revy with X-Board and it works just fine)… but this hopper looks like it would be just fine for a good number of folks.

Can you imagine if we all judged cars using these same standards? ;)

(Added: The only thing I can see that may be a drawback is the 140 ball size... I like the 200. But if the price is a lot less than a 9V Revy, it very well could still be acceptable for Rec Play.)

Impy-rocks
01-29-2003, 04:55 PM
that is one of the weirdest loaders ive seen.... but i guess its time that they did make a loader for people who just started playing without having to worry about chopping as much as they would with a vl 200

-=Squid=-
01-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Also, I kinda like its looks :D

puckmaster
01-29-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by shartley
And the price set at $30 is, in my opinion, perfect.

Go look at how much some internet sites are selling 9 volt and 10 volt revvys for. You can get a 9 volt for $30 and a 12 volt w/x board for $45-$50. It would be better to spend the extra $15 bucks on the 9 volt, so you can later upgrade the parts in it as you get better.(propeller, board) What happens when some person breaks the shell? Unless they sell shells for it seperatly, people are going to get mad at broken shells. And believe me, if there made anywhere to the quality of the newer VL revvys, the shells WILL break.

WiseGuyMag
01-29-2003, 09:56 PM
Humm... me thinks it would be good for a .. a.. uhh forgot the names of the Semi-Auto BE guns.. well one of those Talons would do fine :D

El Gallo Negro
01-29-2003, 10:41 PM
It's perfect for those shooting Tippmann 98's and any Spyder that's non electric

It may be a tad on the fugly side but it has it's uses... You'll probably see these at Wals-Mart :D

shartley
01-30-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by puckmaster

Go look at how much some internet sites are selling 9 volt and 10 volt revvys for. You can get a 9 volt for $30 and a 12 volt w/x board for $45-$50. It would be better to spend the extra $15 bucks on the 9 volt, so you can later upgrade the parts in it as you get better.(propeller, board) What happens when some person breaks the shell? Unless they sell shells for it seperatly, people are going to get mad at broken shells. And believe me, if there made anywhere to the quality of the newer VL revvys, the shells WILL break.
This is VERY true, and I thought of that after I posted. I will however point out that this does add a different style to choose from. It is more along the lines of a Halo in looks than a Revy. And they claim to feed at the same speeds.

As for shells, you can bet they will sell replacement shells… that is a no brainer. ;) But MY revy shell has never broken, nor has my feed neck. (Yup, I am pre BE). Hopefully they solved the brittle plastic problem, or will VERY soon, they are good loaders.

And as for upgrading…. Yes, you can upgrade a 9v Revy…. But you can upgrade a Halo A as well. OR you can just jump to another loader. I would also bet they will offer upgrades for this new loader as well, but personally don’t see it as that big of an issue.

Why should there only be ONE style of low end motorized hopper? There are several mid to high end styles…. It’s all good.

madmatt151
02-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Well, its not THAT ugly. I mean the way you guys are writing, you would think it looked like a Talon or something :) It is cool to have an entry level motorized hopper. I can't understand how you guys are breaking your hopper shells. I have had two different Revys, play aggresaive woods ball and have never once broke a shell. Strange.

warpfeedmod
02-28-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by madmatt151
Well, its not THAT ugly. I mean the way you guys are writing, you would think it looked like a Talon or something :) It is cool to have an entry level motorized hopper. I can't understand how you guys are breaking your hopper shells. I have had two different Revys, play aggresaive woods ball and have never once broke a shell. Strange.

Are you hoppers PreBE? I have one that's PreBE and it's never had a problem in the 5 years I've had it.

The Pre BE hoppers were made much differently with a less fragile shell then the new ones.

shartley
02-28-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by warpfeedmod

Are you hoppers PreBE? I have one that's PreBE and it's never had a problem in the 5 years I've had it.

The Pre BE hoppers were made much differently with a less fragile shell then the new ones.

I have a preBE as well.... same same.

BobTheCow
02-28-2003, 03:09 PM
lol isn't this thread pretty old?
I think we need some feedback from people who have actually used it, if people have actually been buying it, before we judge.

FooTemps
02-28-2003, 06:05 PM
It's a lower end electric loader. Just like the 9v revy (which I use), it will be geared towards the players who want better feeding rates but don't shoot fast enough to fully utilize a hopper like the 12v revy. I'm fairly sure that it will sell well since there are a lot of players like me out there. I fire about 5 to 7 bps maximum so something like this would fit me.

hyper_mag2
02-28-2003, 06:11 PM
At first I thought it was hideous and didnt know why BE would waist their time making a loader that only feeds 8bps...But then again look at the guns they make. Its probably ment to keep up with those guns and not emags and angels. Instead of spending 50 on a revvy cause BE guns cant shoot 12 or 13 like a revvy can feed, people who own slow guns could just get this. It would be like wasting money to get a revvy if you got a BE gun.