PDA

View Full Version : 2 Fast 2 Furious Sneak Peak!

FeelTheRT
01-27-2003, 03:04 PM
i got some pics of the cars that will be in 2F2F which is comming out this July.

FeelTheRT
01-27-2003, 03:05 PM
ggrar

who says girls can't have nice rides?

FeelTheRT
01-27-2003, 03:06 PM
i dont like the paint job but i like the Supra =)

digitard
01-27-2003, 03:07 PM
There's some info on www.filmforce.ign.com as well but you'll have to search cause the car pics and a few "scene" photo's are a month or 2 old

Sincerely,
Dave K

FeelTheRT
01-27-2003, 03:08 PM
ooo fiber wrapped tank =)

FeelTheRT
01-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by digitard
There's some info on www.filmforce.ign.com as well but you'll have to search cause the car pics and a few "scene" photo's are a month or 2 old

Sincerely,
Dave K

oh really? I just stumbled across them last week

cockermatt
01-27-2003, 03:10 PM
You can also see the trailer over on Yahoo.

PolishSausage
01-27-2003, 03:10 PM
Oh goody, another tasteless ricer flick...

irbodden
01-27-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
ggrar

who says girls can't have nice rides?

That picture.

petefol
01-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by PolishSausage
Oh goody, another tasteless ricer flick...

when you actually enhance the cars performance then it isnt a rice rocket, maybe if the cars just had stickers and spoilers then it would be.

irbodden
01-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by petefol

when you actually enhance the cars performance then it isnt a rice rocket, maybe if the cars just had stickers and spoilers then it would be.

yeah man!!11 we got NAWZZZ up in here!!

rhetor22
01-27-2003, 03:41 PM
all the cars in the first one had stickers and spoilers.

I laughed my arse off when i heard the noise the cars made when watching the movie :D

I'm wondering what the beast is gunna be in the second one... the charger was pretty slick.

Jack_Dubious
01-27-2003, 03:42 PM
I hope them cars got some whistle tips! You know those whistle tips that go WHOOOO WOOOOOOOOO!!!!
They just foe dekoration!!!

JDub

FooTemps
01-27-2003, 04:19 PM
hmm... I think that the first pic is the only one worth looking at... if my eyes don't decive me I think I'm looking at 2 r34 skylines next to each other.

Kai
01-27-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
hmm... I think that the first pic is the only one worth looking at... if my eyes don't decive me I think I'm looking at 2 r34 skylines next to each other.

I believe you are correct, Sir.

That is sex, in car form.

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-27-2003, 04:50 PM
There are two things wrong with this pic It has are equvilant of a purple max flo tank and the steering wheel is on the wrong side. Did anyone else notice that?

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=619308

petefol
01-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by irbodden

yeah man!!11 we got NAWZZZ up in here!!
your telling me that every car in the movie only has stickers, nitro, and a spoiler? none were professionally tuned or anything? i'm so sorry that I am the stupid one who didnt realize this, or remember that nos is spelled "NAWZZZ"! wow, i feel soooo stupid, sorry for my stupidity guys.

Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
the steering wheel is on the wrong side. Did anyone else notice that?

are you joking?

CRog075
01-27-2003, 05:02 PM
There are two things wrong with this pic It has are equvilant of a purple max flo tank and the steering wheel is on the wrong side. Did anyone else notice that?

LOL like that guy just said...please tell me you are joking....

In case you didnt notice, alot of foreign cars have the wheel on the right side...lol...everyone knows that

PolishSausage
01-27-2003, 05:16 PM

It's still a stupid plot with bad acting, unrealistic driving, and horrible cars, regardless of weather or not they have engine mods, it could be a 1000hp Supra for all I care, it would still be a tasteless ricer flick

PolishSausage
01-27-2003, 05:19 PM

your telling me that every car in the movie only has stickers, nitro, and a spoiler? none were professionally tuned or anything? i'm so sorry that I am the stupid one who didnt realize this, or remember that nos is spelled "NAWZZZ"! wow, i feel soooo stupid, sorry for my stupidity guys.

are you joking?

Wake up, the "NAWZZ" thing is a joke, for if you listen closely to that mind-numbing movie, thats how they say it...

The only car worth watching was the Charger, and even that was fake...

EsPo
01-27-2003, 05:36 PM
down with fast and furious

wallclimber
01-27-2003, 06:03 PM
that charger was the only thing that woke me up out of the glassy eyed stupor that i was in while i was watching the movie. i almost cried when they wrecked it...:( and i loved it when they were racing the one guy hit his nos and the guy driving the charger just shifted gears...... :D

-=Squid=-
01-27-2003, 06:06 PM
1) The fast and the furious is retarded...poorly acted with a plot so thin it would only appeal to a retarded teenager.

2) SPongebob your a freakin idiot..sorry lol.

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

2) SPongebob your a freakin idiot..sorry lol.

yes I no that and I think we have all established that. Now would someone answer my question is or is not the Steering wheel on the wrong side?

petefol
01-27-2003, 06:15 PM

yes I no that and I think we have all established that. Now would someone answer my question is or is not the Steering wheel on the wrong side?
its on the correct side if i'm not mistaken, skylines are only sold in japan and in japan you drive on the left, so yes the stering wheel should be on the right.

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Ok, I was just makeing sure I'm not a complete and utter dumb ***....errr nevermind already proved that.

Koosh
01-27-2003, 06:22 PM
just some quick clarifications...

I belive that it was a Challenger, not a Charger in the first F&F...

It is NOT rice if the car is actually build the car up to be fast... it IS rice if you add spoilers on top of spoilers, stickers for parts that do nothing, and badges for what your car isn't... like the anti-rice pics in my thread...

Oh, and I'd like to add my name to the list of people that think spongebob is a freakin idiot! :cool:

irbodden
01-27-2003, 06:28 PM

Good try on the flame there, too bad you're wrong.

Nawwzz is from the movie, alright? Try watching it. (I turned if off half way)

And these cars are rice. Sure they might have NAWWZ, but look at the pics. Every car is decked in sterotypical rice fashion.

"OMG TEHY ARE SO FAST, LOOK AT THE PAINT!! LOOK AT THE BIG NAWWZZ!1111"

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh

Oh, and I'd like to add my name to the list of people that think spongebob is a freakin idiot! :cool:

:D

petefol
01-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by irbodden

Good try on the flame there, too bad you're wrong.

Nawwzz is from the movie, alright? Try watching it. (I turned if off half way)

And these cars are rice. Sure they might have NAWWZ, but look at the pics. Every car is decked in sterotypical rice fashion.

"OMG TEHY ARE SO FAST, LOOK AT THE PAINT!! LOOK AT THE BIG NAWWZZ!1111"
obviously i watched the movie and i never heard anyone say NAWZZZ, maybe NOZ, but definatly not NAWZZZ (with three Z's), and i never said that paint, stickers, or even nos improves a car. tuning one however does. and there is a difference between just putting a spoiler on your car, and putting one on then properly adjusting the downforce to improve handling. and if they build their car to be a race car, then why not paint it like one. if putting racing stripes on a car makes it rice, then i guess almost every race car is since almost every race car has stripes or a custom paint job.
http://www.conceptcarz.com/img/mclaren/rf1.jpg
hey look at that mclaren f1 gtr, its got a spoiler, custom paint, and a bunch of performance parts names on it. well damn, if it had nos it would be 100% rice.

TransMan
01-27-2003, 07:17 PM
I dont care if there was bad acting or a thin plot I liked it because well i just did so there and umm Bob is a moron ;) :D

dave_p
01-27-2003, 07:25 PM
now i know what to do with my 110 3000 nitroduck and my old remote!
i got nawws!
should i mount it in the trunk of my sebring, or on the seat like the pic, so people will properly pheer me.

irbodden
01-27-2003, 07:27 PM

obviously i watched the movie and i never heard anyone say NAWZZZ, maybe NOZ, but definatly not NAWZZZ (with three Z's), and i never said that paint, stickers, or even nos improves a car. tuning one however does. and there is a difference between just putting a spoiler on your car, and putting one on then properly adjusting the downforce to improve handling. and if they build their car to be a race car, then why not paint it like one. if putting racing stripes on a car makes it rice, then i guess almost every race car is since almost every race car has stripes or a custom paint job.

hey look at that mclaren f1 gtr, its got a spoiler, custom paint, and a bunch of performance parts names on it. well damn, if it had nos it would be 100% rice.

:rolleyes: The names on it are sponcers, I see a red paint job, and its got a small spoiler. Good try.

And last time I checked, F&F2 is a movie.. I guarntee wayyy more money went into spoilers, paint jobs and 'dubs' then into "performance" parts.

Rooster
01-27-2003, 08:30 PM
A spoiler is actually needed on a car when it gets up around 160-170. A rice-ball going down the freeway at 80 doesn't.

ronron2112
01-27-2003, 08:32 PM

im gonna guess that that is a skyline since it appears to be the only silver car... but skylines only come with the seat on the right side...

PolishSausage
01-27-2003, 08:41 PM
I can't believe you just compared a McClaren F1 GTR to an Eclipse or a Civic.

You want a non rice civic?

First, get yourself a good looking one, not a '78 CRX

USDM B16A2 Engine Swap
USDM Si Tranny
Rev Hard Stage 2C Turbo Kit 10psi
Rev Hard/Spearco Intercooler (32x8x3.5)
Rev Hard Iron Tubular Turbo Manifold
Nutec T3/T04E stage III Turbo 60 trim
Tial 35mm Wastegate
2.5" Downpipe
2.5" Test Pipe/Flexpipe
2.5" GReddy Power Extreme Cat-Back Exhaust
2.5" Aluminum Charge Pipe
2.25" Aluminzed Mandrel Bent Piping
HKS SSQ BOV
Hondata Stage 2B Engine Managment
P30 ECU
ACT 6 puck Clutch
RC 440cc Injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
B&M Fuel pressure regulator
GReddy Profec B boost controller
GReddy turbo timer

I know what I'm talking about here, trust me. SO don't try to tell me that a RX-7 tuned at PepBoys isn't rice. The second you put stupid stickers, a goofy unnecessary "tuned for downforce" spolier, and a coffee can muffler, you become a waste...

nippinout
01-27-2003, 08:57 PM
Bah!

You don't want a spoiler at 160-170 for more downforce.

You already have too much downforce from the shape of the car itself at that speed. The downforce at high speeds kills. You want downforce for turns, that's where you need the extra sticktion.

Anybody can put rubber to road on a straight line.

I want that tank though. :)

FooTemps
01-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by ronron2112

im gonna guess that that is a skyline since it appears to be the only silver car... but skylines only come with the seat on the right side...

It's definately a skyline... It has the same shaped center console except that the screen trim is blue instead of black.

FooTemps
01-27-2003, 09:00 PM

USDM B16A2 Engine Swap
USDM Si Tranny
Rev Hard Stage 2C Turbo Kit 10psi
Rev Hard/Spearco Intercooler (32x8x3.5)
Rev Hard Iron Tubular Turbo Manifold
Nutec T3/T04E stage III Turbo 60 trim
Tial 35mm Wastegate
2.5" Downpipe
2.5" Test Pipe/Flexpipe
2.5" GReddy Power Extreme Cat-Back Exhaust
2.5" Aluminum Charge Pipe
2.25" Aluminzed Mandrel Bent Piping
HKS SSQ BOV
Hondata Stage 2B Engine Managment
P30 ECU
ACT 6 puck Clutch
RC 440cc Injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
B&M Fuel pressure regulator
GReddy Profec B boost controller
GReddy turbo timer

I know what I'm talking about here, trust me. SO don't try to tell me that a RX-7 tuned at PepBoys isn't rice. The second you put stupid stickers, a goofy unnecessary "tuned for downforce" spolier, and a coffee can muffler, you become a waste...

I'm taking his side.. :)
I perfer a maxima to a civic but whatever... works with me

ronron2112
01-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Yea, the dash paint is kinda confusing..

petefol
01-27-2003, 09:18 PM

hahahahaha, sorry polish but you just made yourself look really stupid. you guys are bringing all sorts of things i never said into this arguement. first of all, did i EVER compare a mclaren f1 to a eclipse or civic? NO! did i even compare it to any car? NO! did i say anything about a '78 crx? NO! i merely used the mclaren as an example.

don't try to tell me that a RX-7 tuned at PepBoys isn't rice
did i try to tell you? NO!

polish, you sure know what your talking about.

lets take a look at what i've said so far, mainly reffering to the skylines

"when you actually enhance the cars performance then it isnt a rice rocket"

last time i checked, a rice car was when some stupid kid puts a spoiler, stickers, rims, etc. on his car. no real performance upgrades, maybe an air filter or something.
now, i dont know whether those skylines belong to someone, or were imported just for the movie. anyway, those skylines are deffinatly not rice. i dont think a skyline could even be considered rice since anyone who imports one probably isnt going to just slap some stickers on it.

and about custom paint jobs, how many of you guys left the stock colors on your paintball guns (or are planning on changing it), or always wear the same colored clothes?

Originally posted by nippinout
Bah!

You don't want a spoiler at 160-170 for more downforce.

You already have too much downforce from the shape of the car itself at that speed. The downforce at high speeds kills. You want downforce for turns, that's where you need the extra sticktion.
thats why i said you want downforce to increase handling. if race cars didnt have spoilers, especially F1 cars, they would never be able to corner at such high speeds. and wouldnt the natural shape of a car create lift, since the air has to travel farther over the top? isnt that why they use spoilers?

and just to be clear

this is rice
http://www.riceboypage.com/shame/hall_of_shame_5/integraIII-type-r.jpg

this is not
http://www.osk.3web.ne.jp/~ryui/motorsp/supra1.jpg

wallclimber
01-27-2003, 10:18 PM
better check your mopars again koosh, that's a charger...

Koosh
01-27-2003, 10:27 PM
yeah... I guess your right... but I could have sworn...

Clare
01-28-2003, 02:50 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=619298

ack! look at that thing! I don't think I would ever be paid enough to ride around in that monstrosity

oldsoldier
01-28-2003, 03:01 AM
When are they gonna make a Jeep movie? The world doesnt revolve around rich kids in Cali...except, of course, TO the rich kids in Cali....:rolleyes:

JEDI
01-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Did any one ever notice that The Fast and the Furious came out about 8-10 years ago? Except it was called Point Break, and it had surfers. Its the EXACT same plot. Young cop needs to bust a gang pulling heists so he tries to become one of them. (both movies) He goes after the wrong gang when his time starts running out, almost blowing his cover. (both movies) Young cop falls in love with "girl" in gang, making the bust much harder. (both movies) Most of the gang members get killed or seriously F'd up doing a job (both movies) In the end, the young cop cant bring himself to bust the "main guy" because he's befriended him, and lets him go. (both movies).

I'm sorry, F&F may have had some entertaining qualities, but for the most part it was lame and unoriginal. Whats part two gonna be about? I guy that joins the TOP GUN of rice racers to prove he's the best. He's gonna have a constant feud with "Iceman" the other cocky rice racer. Fall in love with his coach, his partner gets killed in a high risk race maneuver, and his pit crew spills coffee on themselves when he does a risky "drive-by"

rhetor22
01-28-2003, 06:32 PM
Allright, as this thread has something to do with engines, (very small ones) i have a few things to say.

1. The McClaren F1 is an economy car, everyone knows that.

2. most cars don't have perfectly flat and smooth bottoms, they make a lot of drag down there so the "wing" effect you mentioned isn't as strong as it would seem, although that is a vaild point.

3. I'm on fire. seriously.

I really don't think that the cars in F&F were modified for speed like everyone says. Whenever i rag on the cars from that movie people tell me that the cars were modified for doing the fast manuevers and all that good stuff. The only cars doing anything special were the ferrari, supra, charger, and them stinky little civics trying to take on large fully loaded rigs. Not too smart there.

Quiet
01-28-2003, 07:50 PM
But it sure would be TASTY rice!!!

PolishSausage
01-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Adam, Point Break is such a good flick. Just bought it o DVD a few weeks ago, watched it 4 times since then...

FeelTheRT
01-28-2003, 08:18 PM

LOL, i havn't read anything under your reply but i'm sure they are full of flames! There is no such thing as "wrong side". Different countries drive on different sides of the road.

Koosh
01-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Actually there is a list of people that think spongebob is a freakin idiot! Just not all put up into one post yet...

FeelTheRT
01-28-2003, 08:28 PM
o man if you have a Civic, a dual camshaft over-head VTEC is a must! Though its an inline 4 cyl engine, it drematically changes your preformance. It's got really good valve timming. Dont forget your aftermarket intake(s) and exhaust(s) =).

also does anyone know if it's possible running a supercharger with a turbocharger? The supercharger would boost the speed at lower engine revs while the turbo will boost higher RPMs if it works. OORRR Twinturbo :)

PolishSausage
01-28-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
o man if you have a Civic, a dual camshaft over-head VTEC is a must! Though its an inline 4 cyl engine, it drematically changes your preformance. It's got really good valve timming. Dont forget your aftermarket intake(s) and exhaust(s) =).

also does anyone know if it's possible running a supercharger with a turbocharger? The supercharger would boost the speed at lower engine revs while the turbo will boost higher RPMs if it works. OORRR Twinturbo :)

I've never seen a Super/Turbo Charged engine, don't think you could actually get it to function without blowing up. Twin Turbo's would be the way to go.

As far as the VTEC goes, IMO it's over rated, Like my previous post, the USDM B16A2 motor has the most potential. With this list of mods I posted thats an EASY 12 second car, maybe High 11's if driven right.

And for the record Petefol, we were discussing the paintjobs of the cars in that first awful movie, you then posted the F1, thereby comparing the two cars...

if putting racing stripes on a car makes it rice, then i guess almost every race car is since almost every race car has stripes or a custom paint job.

Thats not even a custom paintjob. It's red and black with a gray stipe. The SPONSORS names are on the paint because they pay for the car, driver, entrance fees. But you knew that. The difference is that the F1 doesn't have unnecessary decals or a goofy paintjob, the cars in TFATF did...

petefol
01-28-2003, 09:41 PM
what i meant was that if a person has nos in their car, and they have a nos sticker, thats not really rice. when someone puts a vtec or type r sticker on their toyota...

we were discussing the paintjobs of the cars in that first awful movie, you then posted the F1, thereby comparing the two cars...
i was mainly talking about "good" paintjobs. by good i mean maybe something like the red and black on the mclaren or the skylines (i like it at least), bad would be like the integra i posted where it has that checker design.

about the spoilers, those skylines probably (probably because i cant really tell since its just a picture) have them for the same reason that the mclaren does. if you just slap a spoiler on your car, then that is rice.

(and just so you know, i dont consider nos to be an improvement, i would actually puch it to the rice side a little. i was just using it as an example)

PolishSausage
01-28-2003, 09:53 PM
what i meant was that if a person has nos in their car, and they have a nos sticker, thats not really rice. when someone puts a vtec or type r sticker on their toyota...

i was mainly talking about "good" paintjobs. by good i mean maybe something like the red and black on the mclaren or the skylines (i like it at least), bad would be like the integra i posted where it has that checker design.

about the spoilers, those skylines probably (probably because i cant really tell since its just a picture) have them for the same reason that the mclaren does. if you just slap a spoiler on your car, then that is rice.

(and just so you know, i dont consider nos to be an improvement, i would actually puch it to the rice side a little. i was just using it as an example)

I get it now! Those R34's are definitely nice, I'd pimp it...

giblit
01-28-2003, 09:54 PM
did the supra win in the end of fast and the furious? and i think 2f2f will be cool because I LIKE IMPORT RACING and theres nothing you people can say to change my mind. i like to talkto people that have imports they are more on my lvl and people that have huge muscle cars tend to be alittle white trashy imo. people with imports tend to be alittle younger.

01-28-2003, 09:57 PM
You people argue over the stupidest things.

petefol
01-28-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by 845
You people argue over the stupidest things.
and i dont even have a car. i will admit that tfatf was pretty stupid. i didn't mind up untill the one car raced the ferrari. they tried to make it look like the supra (i think it was) was such a better car, but they were just comparing a stock ferrari to supra with a bunch of upgrades. if it was an upgraded ferrari racing an upgraded supra the ferrari would burn it.

einhander619
01-29-2003, 01:21 AM
Hey, man, drop a 4 banger into that mclaren and it can be in the movie, too!

01-29-2003, 01:31 AM

and i dont even have a car. i will admit that tfatf was pretty stupid. i didn't mind up untill the one car raced the ferrari. they tried to make it look like the supra (i think it was) was such a better car, but they were just comparing a stock ferrari to supra with a bunch of upgrades. if it was an upgraded ferrari racing an upgraded supra the ferrari would burn it.

Its a movie who cares about the technicalities enjoy it for what it is or dont watch it. Picking it apart piece by piece will just ruin it for you.

JEDI
01-29-2003, 10:06 AM
The Fast and the Furious = Point Break. Its unoriginal. The movie sucked.

CRASHKING
01-29-2003, 04:59 PM
i saw those pictures a long time ago. there's a guy on a hobby r/c site that actually did some arial shots for the production in miami.