PDA

View Full Version : please help!

cockersuk14
01-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Please help me! I just got my mag like a month ago and i have had nothing but problems. First there were leaks down the barrel, then the trig frame, and now every time i go to play it is leaking out the back where the velocity adjusment screw is. I have heard that i just need to adjust my velocity but doubt this is the reason. For i have tried nearly every velocity level w/out success. Please help!

battlegroup
01-27-2003, 05:53 PM
What velocity are you shooting at? If it is over 300fps it will normally vent out the back to prevent overpressure to the gun and it is also unsafe. If you are under 300fps and it is still venting, it could be a bad regulator piston o-ring, or a mis-adjusted allen screw in the reg piston. Hopefully it is just the first.

Degass the gun, unscrew the velocity adjuster all the way and remove the adjuster and the spring pack. Using the correct size allen wrench put it in the allen screw and just pull out DO NOT TRY TO TURN THE ALLEN SCREW. You may have to do this a couple of times to get it out. Look at the o-ring on the front end of the piston. If it is nicked or dry or just look old, get a Parts kit and replace the O-ring. Use a little oil on the regulator piston only and replace all the parts making sure the velocity adjuster is well into the reg. Gas up the gun and chrono until you get to the desired FPS. If it doesn't leak, you are good.

If it does leak after this there is one other thing to try. Take out the regulator piston again the same way as before. Find something to hold the reg piston tight. I use vice grips with thick rubber around the reg piston to prevent nicking or scarring the brass. Unscrew the allen screw 2 full turns and Place a small drop of #545 lock-tite on the threads and then turn the allen screw clockwise (tighten, make it go in) 2 and a half turns. Wipe off the extra locktite and reassemble. Test as before. If it keeps venting below 300 fps. Do this again except unscrew 2.5 turns put on the locktite and screw in 3 turns.

Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility if you try this and nick or scar the brass, or hurt yourself or others by allowing the gun to shoot over 300fps by adjusting the reg piston.

If you don't want to try adjusting the reg piston call AGD, or buy a new piston.

cockersuk14
01-27-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the help but do you have any advice on paint chopping w/o the addition of the lvl 10. i use marbs if that helps. Thanx

cockersuk14
01-27-2003, 09:44 PM
i just looked at the reg piston and its o ring seems flawless does this mean any thing strange. I am just being cautious. Thanx
:D

cockersuk14
01-27-2003, 10:01 PM
i just gassed up my gun and u wont believe it. I know have 3 leaks. One down the barrel, one in the crack where the valve meets the powertube and again out he back. Although the barrel leak is an easy fix, I am quite disturbed. Should i notify AGD?

TransMan
01-27-2003, 10:45 PM
What kind of valve are u using an Air or a retro stick something liek a squeegee down the barrel against the bolt to see if that leak stops and u may need to get a parts kit and replace EVERY oring and if that doesnt help get an RA# from AGD and send it in and let them fix it

battlegroup
01-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by TAW
I thought that AGD said not to screw with the reg piston, just replace? But I would replace the oring, oil it, lube the spring pack and threads. Also replace the reg seat if you had that apart. It could be dirty and they leak if you reuse them. Then recrono below 300.

The reg piston is set at the factory to vent at some point above 300 fps, I can't remember where though. I think they tell you not to adjust them to be safe. If you adjust it too much, then it will not vent and could hurt the gun or worse it could hurt someone if you don't chrono before you play and shoot them with a really hot gun. I had the venting out the back problem and before I went and bought a new piston I decided "what would it hurt, if it doesn't work I have to get a new one anyway" I adjusted it about 4 years ago and have not had a problem since. I chrono several times during the day and every once in a while I'll get a little venting but not much and it's usually if I set my gun down in the sun (which is hard to avoid in Florida). If you are careful and always chrono, I don't see aproblem with it.