PDA

View Full Version : Crown Point Barrel

lawgiakl
01-27-2003, 06:08 PM
How good is the crown point barrel on this automag?
http://www.usedpaintballstuff.com/usedpaintballstuff/images/usedrentalmagbig.jpg

Brak
01-27-2003, 08:50 PM
as long as its smooth on the inside, it should be fine. looks short, so it would be nice for playing tight in a bunker. an aftermarket barrel would probably end up better though (J&J ceramics are nice, as are teardrops, progressive, and boomsticks are very popular)

athomas
01-28-2003, 09:20 AM
The crown point barrels aren't bad, but like any barrel you have to use the properly matched paint for it to have any consistent accuracy. Thi id of this barrel is about .693 (at least mine is). That means to have consistency you need to be shooting a large bore paintball. Most fields use paintballs around .687 -.689.

On the bright side, you shouldn't have as many chopping problems with the larger bore.

Mine actually works remarkably well an I used it for a number of years before I really decided to upgrade to new barrels.

Thordic
01-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Honestly, my old school Crown Point barrel shoots just about as well as my freak with matched paint.

Best $20 I ever spent on a barrel :)

scm23
01-28-2003, 01:12 PM
Small world. I just bought one of these and I have a few caveats for you.

1. The barrel in the picture is not the one that came with mine (it might vary from each one sent, don't know)

2. If you plan to upgrade to level 10, since this is a field rental marker the bolt must be drilled out b/c it is "governed" and the tip of the new level 10 will not fit all the way down.

Just somethings you might consider before buying;) Just thought I would give you a heads up.:)

hitech
01-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
Honestly, my old school Crown Point barrel shoots just about as well as my freak with matched paint.

Best $20 I ever spent on a barrel :)

I second that!

lawgiakl
01-28-2003, 05:49 PM
How will The new evil paint work in this barrel?