PDA

View Full Version : New JT Mask...pictures

Prairie
01-27-2003, 08:24 PM
The 2003 JT Axiom FX-10 290* Goggle System has escaped! Clawing it's way out of the deepest recesses of our universe, (JT's R&D facility), this creature is the most advanced goggle system the planet has ever seen. Genetically built for it's unequaled protection and pure, unadulterated speed, the Axiom lense is like nothing you have ever encountered, it's been designed to attach directly to the FX-10 uni-body mask without the aid of a goggle frame via the Quick-Lok lens locking system which is incredibly fast and secure! Out Patent Pending system, (pay close attention to that phrase), loads and locks the lens into place with just a turn of the Lens Ejector cams, nothing is faster or more secure than this!... nothing. The Superior Visibility , Excellent Fog Resistance and Optical Clarity of the Axiom lens is our main focus but it doesn't end there...

The FX-10 mask is an awesome creation in it's own right! This dual density, co-molded, biomorphic mask is a true revolutionary piece of protection. The finish on this beast is achieved through the use of Spectra Flare materials that were chosen solely for their specific gravity and molecular weight ratio properties. In other words... it is absolutely the most *****in' goggle system in the entire world!.. And it's waiting here for you!... don't make it wait... it doesn't like it when it has to wait.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179949

Prairie
01-27-2003, 08:25 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179949

EsPo
01-27-2003, 08:33 PM
ever notice that anything that has to do with pbnation is extremely slow?>

Load SM5
01-27-2003, 08:34 PM
They forgot to mention that it's uglier than a bowling shoe.

Blazestorm
01-27-2003, 08:38 PM
http://mike.pbnation.com/jtmask/MVC-837F.JPG

meh...

EsPo
01-27-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
They forgot to mention that it's uglier than a bowling shoe.

i wear bowling shoes:mad:

nippinout
01-27-2003, 08:41 PM
First the Proteus, now this.

Didn't think JT could make an uglier mask. Somehow, they were able to create a mask more hideous that the whipper snappers. For shame.

Thank Jebus for DYE and V-Force.

Load SM5
01-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

i wear bowling shoes:mad:

And they're ugly, arent they?

FooTemps
01-27-2003, 08:48 PM
ugly... BUT... it would be a lot easier to make a borg costume with... a few tubes here and there and... BAM! a borg style mask.

Top Secret
01-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Anyone actually read the text on that? Biomorphic, co-molded, genetically built?

If they have to write that for it, what does that say about the product itself...

rdb123
01-27-2003, 08:51 PM
I wonder if it has a fan... also, will this one cost 150?

I'm still trying to figure out where they put the "wet look" on my Proteus.

hehe

-Ron

magnj
01-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Kinda weid, not as bad as the proteus, what a terrible mask that was. And whatthe advantage of no lennse frame/ They advertise t hat like its a big hting. Ima just but a Proflex thoos are nice in the new colors.

EsPo
01-27-2003, 08:57 PM

yes.. yes they are :)

Paintballer86
01-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Kinda looks like they are copying the idea of the Vforce masks. LOL @ rdb123:D

magman007
01-27-2003, 08:58 PM
ok, im liking the lense its self, but come friggin on! thats FUGLY. THe lense system should jujst be incorporated into another flex 7 style mask. hell, the pros still live their flex 7's, and well the proteus, was fugly as any thing as well, my god, dont they learn? this screams brass eagle

nippinout
01-27-2003, 09:01 PM
That mask doesn't look 'borg' at all! Do you see the ocular implant anywhere?!??! :)

The thing looks like it has picatinny rails on the bottom!

Doesn't look well vented. Probably not good for us guys with manboobs. I have a hard enough time with stairs, now they want us to fog up our lenses. :D

Wow, I just noticed the amount of neck armor they put on the thing. It wraps around the mask.

It's probably aimed at the 'rec' crowd because they think it would appeal to us. We want neo-post-apocalyptic-techno-uber-vibe-robo goggles I guess.

Telefragged
01-27-2003, 09:09 PM
I wonder if JT likes to make over technical descriptions that say nothing about the actual product itself, other than the fact that its "biomorphic" :rolleyes:

Blegh... ugly ugly ugly... and, did I mention ugly?

JEDI
01-27-2003, 09:34 PM
That is frikkin ugly. I love my Flex 7. What was wrong with that? If JT ever discontinues the Flex 7, I'm gonna torch their factories :mad:

WARPED1
01-27-2003, 11:16 PM
Ever notice since the BE takeover,JT's gone to crap?

mag-hatter
01-27-2003, 11:24 PM
ever notice since be, things have turned to crap? :D.

Originally posted by PurgatoryPit
Thats the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Mr. T!
01-27-2003, 11:28 PM
Naw, it's not BE, it's the path paintball is taking, I guess JT wants you to get shot in the neck more often, lol

Smoke
01-27-2003, 11:31 PM

No....they're FUGLY!!!!!

AutomagRT1483
01-28-2003, 12:36 AM
Thats the worst thing I have ever seen come outta JT since the Speed Pod!

Smoke
01-28-2003, 12:51 AM
No kiddin. If you got gogged, you'd be cleaning paint for years. Boo-urns on BE. (for messing up JT)

AlabamaMan
01-28-2003, 01:19 AM
Well i kinda like the look of them, but i guess that makes me the only one.

FooTemps
01-28-2003, 01:24 AM
You may find the look good but many won't. The looks is far to complex to be liked by many. I mean, if you look at cars, many of the car designs are very simple and elegant. That way the design won't have any ugly details about it. If a design is overcomplex it begins to have more chance for flaws or bad taste.

Tyger
01-28-2003, 02:08 AM
Hang on, lemme look at the hype :

This dual density, co-molded, biomorphic mask is a true revolutionary piece of protection. The finish on this beast is achieved through the use of Spectra Flare materials that were chosen solely for their specific gravity and molecular weight ratio properties.

dual density : Old 5 inch floppy term, meaning oyu could cut a notch in it and make it work 2 sides.

co-molded : Hmm, it's molded WITH something else, or in conjunction with someone else? like a co-author or a co-producer?

biomorphic : Bio meaning alive or possibly biological. Morphic meaning change, transformation. So it makes your skin crawl.

Spectra Flare : They burned the old spectras to make this one? Or it was a case of spontanious combustion?

molecular weight ratios : So, what, they went to the atomic chart? I guess that "Einsteinium" was too much, huh?

I still think that the "Proteus" was the "Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger Signature Series" goggles. It seems to me that they're trying to make goggles where "Function follows Form". They have a great idea with the lens, can't they just incorporate that into the Flex 7 we all like already?

Oh, wait, paintball embraces the "Diffrent", and "Newer is better". Umm, yah, right.

Hasn't the simple elegant workings of the Automag remained, basically, untouched for more than a decade? Oh sure, it's been improved, but it's basically remained the same design. There's a lesson in that.

-Tyger

Major Ho
01-28-2003, 09:26 AM
I liked JT when they still made motocross stuff... Made some nifty looking speedball/motocross pants. But you might as well face it, Brass Eagle is going to buy out everything and become an uncontrollable ugly monster.

JAM
01-28-2003, 10:18 AM
I have to agree with the group here, that mask is pretty ugly,

but... just wait 'til the magazines start running pics of pros wearing it and people will start going "yeah, that mask is sweet"...

I'll stick with the 'ol flex 7, thanks.

hitech
01-28-2003, 11:16 AM
I'm surprised that most of you think it's ugly. I'd think it would be a hit with the younger crowd. I don't think it looks all that bad. Then again, you won't see me wearing one...

crazyray
01-28-2003, 11:32 AM
it might be ugly, but thats what they said when teh Emag came out with the warp feed. Now you see lots of emags ( well not in western canada where i live im the only one I think) and you see warp feeds popping up all over now. Oh no I might get one of these eeeeeek

Hexis
01-28-2003, 05:42 PM
<RetroGrouchRant>Ugh, why can't they make something that looks clean and simple. I love the idea of the easy to swap lenses. That would be uber handy. Then some 12YO designer has to come along and poo all over the design?</RetroGrouchRant>

Xerces
01-28-2003, 05:50 PM
they find an improvement on current masks and they think bells and whistles that dont do anything are going to make it more appealing. im happy with the simple flex 7

Smokee_2_7
01-28-2003, 05:53 PM
. . . the a12 year old designer pooping all over the design.. . . I like that.

thats pretty accurate, in my opinion.

It kinda looks like they took a proteus (which i was never too fond of anyway), ran the bottom of it through a cheese grater, and then someone played around with the front of the facemask to make it look like it's growing things. As far as looks go, the throat guard makes it look like it has a double chin.

I like the lense retention system though. My concern is how much force is required to pop the red levers up and release the lense?

Carl

Automaggin2
01-28-2003, 05:55 PM
built for it's unequaled protection and pure, unadulterated speed

I didnt know masks have speed :rolleyes:

Hexis
01-28-2003, 06:03 PM
They do when you get fustrated at how utterly ugly they are and toss them at the wall.

azzkikr
01-28-2003, 06:04 PM
damn am I the only one who finds it somewhat okay looking. hell I say it now, I hate the dye masks, and just wouldn't wear the vforce. Although I have been fond of the jt masks. asides from the neck guard thingy I kind of like it myself. later AZZKIKR

BobTheCow
01-28-2003, 06:04 PM
but at least they won't be ADULTERED!! :eek:
cuz they day they actually sell an adultered mask...*shakes head in disgust*...is the day i quit paintball.

magsRus
01-28-2003, 06:50 PM
LMAO ...thats some funny stuff now for real wheres the real mask that they made

Brak
01-28-2003, 07:02 PM
i love my proteus, why is everyone talking smack about it? it doesnt fog, so whats wrong with it? oh i forgot you all were fashion designers

krafty
01-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by azzkikr
damn am I the only one who finds it somewhat okay looking. hell I say it now, I hate the dye masks, and just wouldn't wear the vforce. Although I have been fond of the jt masks. asides from the neck guard thingy I kind of like it myself. later AZZKIKR

I'm with you. I kinda dig it. I've been looking for a replacement for my old Spectra (going on 6 years old) and as long as this new one takes the fans, I'll buy one.

Ironmag
01-28-2003, 07:21 PM
When I read "Biomorphic", what comes to mind is when you put this mask on, it alters you to be this awesome paintball player from hell.....kinda along the line of "The Mask" when Jim Carrey puts on the mask that totally make him different. Just one of those random thought that came by my mind.

FooTemps
01-28-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Ironmag
When I read "Biomorphic", what comes to mind is when you put this mask on, it alters you to be this awesome paintball player from hell.....kinda along the line of "The Mask" when Jim Carrey puts on the mask that totally make him different. Just one of those random thought that came by my mind.

when i thought of biomorphic I was thinking something along the lines of the mask customizing itself to fit your face and personality. So it morphs according to the biology of the subject.

01-28-2003, 08:01 PM
I will be one of the first to say I like it.

Mega Man
01-28-2003, 08:58 PM
I think its pretty nice, I especially like the lens and how easy it is to change, on a side note I have a friend who works at BE and he showed me that magazine, I especially liked the Proteus walkie talkie comm thingy, where you can plug in cd players and stuff like that.

Blazingace
01-28-2003, 09:08 PM
I dg the size of the lenses though. Looks like you get a very large sight picture.

joeyjoe367
01-29-2003, 12:14 AM
This dual density, co-molded, biomorphic mask is a true revolutionary piece of protection. The finish on this beast is achieved through the use of Spectra Flare materials that were chosen solely for their specific gravity and molecular weight ratio properties

Wow, that's the largest pile of poo-poo I've heard in a long time... and WAS has nothing to do with it either :D

f00king ugly. JT's been goin' down the drain lately.