PDA

View Full Version : I Need Opinions!

WiseGuyMag
01-28-2003, 01:16 PM
I love my mag but right now I really want to try a autococker.. I am on a bit of a buget and just want to know what is the best autococker for its price.. I am looking at the GenX-4 and it seems like it is the best deal.. some people say it is GREAT and they LOVE IT and other people say DON'T BUY IT and IT SUX... so I need to know WHY some people hate it and WHY some people like it :) Thanks for Input :)

$tevo
01-28-2003, 02:52 PM
IMO,i dont like cockers. i have shot/played with them and they do shoot good when they work. but just to much stuff can go wrong with it. if your going to sell a mag(which i advise you dont) then go for a bushy or impy.

WiseGuyMag
01-28-2003, 03:04 PM
I was also considering a E-Mag but the thing is.. it might be too heavy for me. I am 15 and not a super strong person and I don't wanna get cramps in my arms when I am trying to snap shoot... I also am a front player so I just don't know what to do.

gadget68
01-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Wisr guy,
I am a true AOer, but this Christmas my wife bought me the 2003 Vertical Autococker that I have been looking at for some time. I also have been very reluctant to go with a cocker, especially with all the stories you hear about their difficult mechanisims. I read up a bunch on the net to learn more on the Cleaning and other maintenance needs of Autocockers. Well I took the marker out the other week and played with it. I have to admit, that marker was one of the best markers I have shot in a while. Very accurate and fast. The new hinge trigger on the 2003 A/C feels alot like my Intelliframe on my Automag. The feel of the entire gun was comfortable.

Now AOers who may be reading this, I am still a die hard Airgun Designs person. (Xmag on its way) But I now have a new found respect for the Autococker.

As for the best deals on Autocockers: the 2003 has a nice milling and shoots great, The System X has a nice set up for a good price. Check Ebay for the System X.

Blazingace
01-28-2003, 03:35 PM
The Gen X cockers are nice. You might want to look for a used one if your strapped for cash. A nice STO or Black Magic would be cost effective and are very nice examples of cockers. The new Outcast is nice foe a low end milled out cocker. There are so many cockers out there that you have alot of choices. Go to www.Air-powered.com for alot of good info on cockers.

BajaBoy
01-28-2003, 03:49 PM
i think cockers are great. Dont get any of the ans stuff tho.

if i were u then ide get a BM and just leave it stock.

or get an Sto and get a diff frame and reg.

WiseGuyMag
01-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Baja I want to know "WHY" not to get ANS stuff...

rikkter
01-28-2003, 03:56 PM
i have a some kinda of diff pneumatics on my right feed 2001 apl commemorative cocker that i got from warpfeedmod. i had to time it when it arrived. and before that i had known NOTHING about them.
you learn quickly though. they're not all that hard to fix either. the timing is actually kinda fun for me. i just take the cocking rod out then time the air and all that, then time when the sear gets dropped. its easy. i used it this past weekend and i was impressed. although i need a new barrel and a ball detent for it, but it had way more distance than my mags.

just dont turn you LPR up too high! you'll burst one of your hoses and its not a plesent place to be when one of them pop.. scared the living hell out of my mom.. she almost had a heart attack, lol

Vex
01-28-2003, 05:09 PM
Autocockers are cool, just don't knobdick with the 3-way.

:D

The JOE
01-28-2003, 05:38 PM
Here is the reason there are people that don't like ANS - Their pneumatics used to have some pretty hefty problems out of the box. But they've fixed that, and it comes with a great hinge trigger, the drop (I like big drops, you might not... easy fix) etc... If people are telling you ANS are pieces of crap now, it's out of their personal opinion and maybe they dealt with someone's gun that had no idea what they were doing.

A guy in town has a GX3, and even thought the GX4 has different stuff on it, they're quite similar (so I assume... lol). But he's never had any problems at all with his gun. Always working.

The only bad thing I can say about the GX4 is that the barrel it comes with is good for... nothing. I'd suggest a new barrel immedietly.