PDA

View Full Version : Stricken for 2 PLZ HELP ME!

NewMag
01-28-2003, 02:37 PM
*sigh* Long have I advocated the use of mechanical over electro markers, and many a time have I stood up and fully slandered the very use of electricity in paintball saying "Batteries are for sissys who are to lazy to pull a REAL trigger". It just felt good walking onto the field with a calssic mag and hosing those newbs with their mommie's angels cowering behind their bunkers under my barrage of mechanical fury. But I've been markerless for a while now and just for kicks, the other day I went to my local pro shop to say hi to the owner and he had just finished putting together a BKO from repairs. He offered to let me test it and I said Alright.

I've read about ICD's guns alot and know they'd recieved nice reviews and high marks, but had never shot one until then, I fell in love. The trigger was so crisp, so clean, and the function was just plain, well, nifty. I was impressed also by the accuracy it delivered while still stock. And the rate of fire was, comfortable and easy to maintain speed. The best part about this gun is that it wasn't an Impulse. But the worst part about it was that now I wanted one, bad.

Which herein lies my problem. Soon I will have enough dough to get myself a new setup for this comming spring and I want it to last for awhile. While shopping around I find that BKO's and mags are very close in price when it comes to resale. And I will be able to afford one or the other. I know I have to upgrade the mag for it to perform up to standards in any arena, and that there are many upgrades for BKO's that make it even more awesome and that by the time I upgrade my BKO I'm going to want the 2k3 with PDS and that would cost as much as a nice RTPro.

But the fact remains that I feel like I just had an affair behing AGD's back, I feel like CRAP, but am seriously thinking of abandoning the route of the Mag. I love both of them so don't say that it's preference. I want you to vote on which I should get. But most of all i want you to tell me WHY you think your choice was the better one . Any responce at all is most apreciated.

digitard
01-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Go with the best of both worlds

Get an EMAG ...

You get the electro trigger (short and crisp)

The HYBRID trigger (electro w/ reactive feedback)

and the full on Mechanical Trigger ... so if you want just turn off the battery and play with the full on mechanical setup.

Its the only marker that does that!

Sincerely,
Dave K

NewMag
01-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Emag=800 bucks. Believe me I've considered(I should say drooled over)one before, they're just way too dang expensive for me.

digitard
01-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Get one used form the MARKERS forum ... Thats where I got mine and it ROCKS.

And since AGD uses the transferable star system you still get a warrenty.

You should be able to find a basic package Emag in there for like 600-700 bucks

Sincerely,
Dave K

NewMag
01-28-2003, 03:57 PM
yeah but even 600-700 is still above my price range when I can find full mag AND bko setups ranging from 250-400

What good is an 800 dollar marker(even for 600) when you dont have money to buy tank/hopper?

NewMag
01-28-2003, 07:36 PM
up

elpimpo
01-28-2003, 08:18 PM
angel

NewMag
01-28-2003, 10:57 PM
bizump to the tizop

-=Squid=-
01-28-2003, 11:15 PM
umm...why are you bumping this thread? :confused: Anyhow, BKO have bad leaks, and the anno and milling looks like it was done bya 4 year old. They also are hard to change the velocity. I would recomend a IMPY or a classic timmy. Timmys cost more, but hey, what do you know? Im selling an upgraded timmy for only...what? $500! lol, if your interested in the timmy lemme know, its a real winner! I just want an angel ;)

paintslinger
01-30-2003, 03:24 AM
get an impulse i was in the same situtation. i couldn't afford an emag. so i had to go for the next best thing...IMPULSE!! im really happy with mine even in its current stock state except for the jj edge kit i got for it(i reccomend that 2). also im getting one of those new vert frames for mine www.offthebreak.com id reccomend on of those too...not to mention a WAS board when they come out. i got my rig at copaintball.com just if ur wondering and i am pleased with their service.

Trigger_Happy
01-30-2003, 02:57 PM
You might play with your little, pansy electro for a while, but nothing will "feel right" until you return to the mag. I know! I played with cockers, impys, random electros, and a few of those nifty blowback electros that are only about $50:p ....anyway, even if you attempt with all your strength to wander from the mag, you won't succeed.:D :cool:

NewMag
01-30-2003, 03:36 PM
You're probably right, but I think I'll probably go with the ICD, if I don't like it I can always trade it for a mag. Never in my life would I get an Impulse though.

paintslinger
01-30-2003, 06:30 PM
y wouldn't u i trust my impulse over all the breaking icd guns i see.