PDA

View Full Version : Internal air leak?

C-Kwik
12-26-2000, 06:28 PM
Hi Everyone! Got a question for any Automag Guru's. A friend of mine wants to trade me his Automag for one of my blowback guns. His Automag has some sort of a strange leak. It's definitely internal. Basically, you screw in the tank, it sounds like it pressurizes, but then you hear a light hissing. Squeeze the trigger and it doesn't shoot, but the hissing stops. I am pretty technically competent, but I didn't have a good chance to look at it when I tore it apart at the field we were at. Instead I just lent him my spare gun and we played. Now he wants to trade. I can't imagine it's a huge problem, but I've never worked with the Automag, except for taking of the major parts, and I didn't care for losing any little pieces if any at the field. If anyone knows what might be causing this problem, please speak up. And do include possible costs involved. I'm thinking maybe a few seals at most. And lastly, is the valve assembly servicable by just about anyone, or should it be left to an airsmith or the manufacturer? I plan to trade regardless, since the gun he wants is a Bruizer(My primary is a moderately modded Spyder). Any info is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Chano

DrEvil
12-27-2000, 12:19 AM
Guru? NO. Evil? Yes. Well me being me i d trade. Im thinking a cheap at the most $20 parts kit. But thats just me. Hope fully some one with some real brains will see this and help out. you know, a guru so to speak.by the way, on the valve in the back by the serial number should be a * or two, thats to get it serviced by AGD. check it out. and somebody else please get in on this. Take the mag and run dude!!!

------------------
Evil, just frikkin evil
level 7 classic mag
14"j&j,12" CP 10" ???
47ci crossfire
and a mean streak

[This message has been edited by DrEvil (edited 12-27-2000).]

BlackVCG
12-27-2000, 01:18 AM
The leak is more than likely in the powertube. When you pull the trigger you close the on/off and air is sealed off from the powertube. I'll bet if you replace the powertube o-ring, that will fix your problem. If your friend doesn't have the AGD tech video then call AGD and they will send you one for free. There are virtually no problems with a Mag that you can't fix with a little intellegence and patience. The Mag AIR Valve is fully servicable and the only thing that is not servicable is the blow-off valve and there is no reason for anyone to mess with that.

Buy yourself a $15-20 AGD parts kit and replace all the o-rings in the gun and clean everything up real well and make sure everything is oiled. Also get yourself a powertube spacer kit which runs around $15 and that way you can find the right spacer for your gun and get the best trigger pull.

MAGSRULE
10-15-2001, 03:10 PM
it is just the power tube o ring

KayleAGD
10-16-2001, 04:55 AM
The leak is somewhere past the on/off. also check the lower teflon o-ring. Also it coul be a cracked power tube , then there is bigger problems.