PDA

View Full Version : Needed: AGD Pride Logo

Scooter/Cootie
01-29-2003, 10:50 AM
Just like the Kids, we're in the process of ordering jerseys for the new season. However, also like the kids, we are in the need of a flashy logo to show off AGD and AGD Pride.

If you have artistic talent and want to help out one of the factory teams, please post up some logo's on this thread.

We need to have all logo's posted by Tuesday, February 4th.

Thanks for all your help everyone! :)

Hexis
01-29-2003, 11:37 AM
Any input as to what you are looking for?

JAM
01-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Well, here's a quick one- a takeoff from my AGD Kids logo...
thoughts?

-Jason

walker2287
01-29-2003, 05:05 PM
just a quick idea

HoboJudge
01-29-2003, 07:38 PM
JAM's looks creative. Its like a "pride" of lions(group of lions). Definitely have a lion on it.

Jay
01-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Hey walker i like your idea. could you maybe put a design similar for the agd kids in the other thread.]

thanks

shartley
01-29-2003, 08:32 PM
LOL Again JAM… if that is a grown lion, it is a female. AGD Pride are a male team…. ;) I think a logo like that would be great for AGD Kids (but with a small mane, as I stated in that other thread), but I think AGD Pride needs a more grown up and less clip art looking logo. Yours is very nicely done, just not what I envision as an appropriate style for an adult AGD Factory team.

JAM
01-30-2003, 10:04 AM
Hey guys, no need to get heated, It's all good.

I'm not doing these logos thinking that they're perfect and the best, so criticism/suggestions are welcome.. It's cool.

Shartley- just some thoughts- i could shrink the lion to make it obvious it's a cub. Yeah, the AGD pride one might be sweet with a couple of lions on top- hence, a pride. ? what do you mean by "clipart" should it be rougher, or darker, etc?

Hex- thanks for the support! that means a lot to me.

-Jason

JAM
01-30-2003, 03:13 PM
Please, let me play Switzerland and say it's all good...

My thoughts and design come from actually doing it as a proffesion and having learned the hard way that printing is a fairly primitive art and simple, clean things usually turn out the best. You have to take into consideration how logos will look large, small, in 1 color and full color, black and white, etc...

We can do some sweet things with photoshop that would just blow your mind, but if you print it in a magazine, it will be all muddy and blurry and if you printed it large on a banner, it would get all pixelated...

considerations. there is no "perfect" logo, can't please everyone all the time, but the important thing is that i want to get as close to that ideal as possible and part of that process is input from anyone and everyone.

so, like i said, it's all good, thanks for your support and thanks for your suggestions.

-J

Army
01-30-2003, 03:44 PM
I deleted the spitting contest. Lets come up with ideas, not uneeded commentary.

shartley
01-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Thanks....

Oh JAM, you have a PM headed your way. I am not unfamiliar with how designing things work... ARMY deleted where I pointed out that I was originally asked to make the logo in the first place, but got too busy and asked that they have someone else do it. :) (This is not a commentary either. ;))

Now for anyone who missed it… I suggested that JAM’s idea about multiple lions was a good one and could possibly be used with one front lion and then others to the right and left and going back (like a V). They would all be facing forward and standing up.

I hope someone runs with it….

datapimp69
01-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by JAM
Shartley- just some thoughts- i could shrink the lion to make it obvious it's a cub. Yeah, the AGD pride one might be sweet with a couple of lions on top- hence, a pride. ?

correct me if i am wrong but, dosent each PRIDE only have 1 male?

if i am wrong then i think it would be cool with 5 lions on top like xxXxx 4 laying down and 1 standing in the middle

shartley
01-30-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by datapimp69

correct me if i am wrong but, dosent each PRIDE only have 1 male?

if i am wrong then i think it would be cool with 5 lions on top like xxXxx 4 laying down and 1 standing in the middle
I think prides have one dominant male, but I believe they can have more than one male member. Also, there are young males in prides that are adolescents, before going off to form their own prides.

I will look into this for you though. ;)

(Added: Yes, I was correct. Prides can not only have more than one male, but actually be governed by more than one (although one tends to take a more dominant role). By far prides are made up of females and cubs, but it is common for prides to have more than one adult male.)

datapimp69
01-30-2003, 04:13 PM
from http://www.wildlifeafrica.co.za/lionbehavior.html

Lions are the most social of the cat family. They live in prides consisting of one or two males, up to seven females and 14 or 15 cubs of different ages. Prides occupy territories that they defend against nomadic lions and other prides; this is done by the dominant male or males, by means of patrolling and scent marking.
At about 3 years of age, young lions are evicted from their pride; they normally stay together, always on the move, becoming nomads, until they take over some other pride, whose male as become too weak or old, sometimes killing all the existing cubs.
The female normally does all the hunting, usually at night, late afternoon or early morning. At a kill, the adults will eat first, with the male sometimes claiming it for himself, and, if anything left, the cubs will then take their turn. In times of scarcity this means very little food available for the cubs, and death by starvation.

so it looks like they can have more then one.. but the kids get kicked out..

so go and make it with 5 lions... i think it will look cool

(edit: just saw your reply)

Chupas2
01-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Logos please, not blah blah blah.

shartley
01-30-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Chupas2
Logos please, not blah blah blah.
Correct me if I am wrong….. aren’t these logos being done for FREE? How can a little discussion (even more so when it is dealing WITH the logo and ideas about it) be bad? ;)

Hmmmmmm

Chupas2
01-30-2003, 06:15 PM
I was just messing with you. Sorry the bordom kicked in.

shartley
01-30-2003, 06:25 PM
I was hoping that was it... :D That is why I just mildly jabbed back..... ;) Its all good.

JAM
01-30-2003, 09:05 PM
Shartley- and everyone else,
so, i redrew the lion... a little sharper, a little meaner...

thoughts? I know it's not a Pride logo, but the lion logo thread is gettin'a little crowded.

thoughts on the lion? It's an adult male. ;)
cubs to follow later sometime.

-J

DeathscytheSK
01-31-2003, 12:47 AM
all I can say is that its an awesome logo, nice job man! looks cool

JAM
01-31-2003, 12:04 PM
Allright, new pride logo- since Pride is more than one lion....

-Jason

JAM
01-31-2003, 12:05 PM
or, no lions...

-j

shartley
01-31-2003, 12:37 PM
AGD Pride with no lions… great. Like the simple AGD one it would work good on a sweatshirt.

AGD Pride with one lion… make note of Tom’s comments on the other thread. Also, I agree to get rid of the bent paw…. It looks out of place and almost like he is wounded. I would also get away from the cartoonish (I tried to avoid “clip art” ;)) look and see if you can get a bit more realistic look and feel to it. I think that may have been what was throwing me off before.

You are a very talented person, and I am sure you can get it to look more realistic without losing the simplicity needed for easy reproduction in various mediums. As a point of reference you may want to look at some old wood block prints of animals. I forget the name of the book, but there is a book at most public libraries that contains nothing but copyright free images from the turn of the century and is all wildlife.

And yes, we need a tail. ;) gots to have da tail! :D

It looks like you are trying to save as much of the original lion as you can, and I can understand that, but I suggest starting fresh.

Hope this helps. Again, for me it is not an issue of skills or what you have done not being great... it is one of style differences.

JAM
01-31-2003, 04:18 PM
Shartley-

as always i appreciate the constructive input...

you're right about the paw too, it didn't bother me, but now it does look a little weird. and I have been trying to stick with the original feel a bit, maybe I'll go off on another direction.

I appreciate the compliments. I am working on a totally different one... we'll see how that goes.

-jason

Scooter/Cootie
01-31-2003, 04:54 PM
Hey guys, sorry I've been away from the thread for so long. Looks like there was a little bit of a chest pounding match going on there for a while. ;)

From what I've seen so far JAM, your definately very talented in creating graphics. :cool: I like the way that your ideas are heading, good job!

IMO, I like the first one with just one lion and the second one with two. The one without lions looks great too, but I think we definately need lions and as Shartley said, "gots to have da tail!" :D

Keep up the great work. Remember that we need to have all your ideas posted to this thread by next Tues (2/4).

Vendetta
01-31-2003, 05:07 PM
How about using the simple logo with a cat scratch through it. Make the lions subjective;)

P8ntballerAK
02-03-2003, 11:27 AM
ill try to bang something up, its not like i have anything better to do lol

shart could you give ideas to start us off with like the standing up lions, I am gonn use the 2 fghting ones i put in the AGD logo

JAM
02-03-2003, 02:49 PM
I like the scratch...

- Jason

Vendetta
02-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Nice touch with the blood.

shartley
02-03-2003, 03:04 PM
You know, I like the blood as an artistic touch, but not sure it works from a public relations stand point. The implications are just not what I would want representing my company, or the sport. And AGD is a leader and must keep this in mind. Maybe have the paws going through AGD and the additional text and drop the blood? (Pride, Kids)

Vendetta
02-03-2003, 03:09 PM
Awe come on, are you kidding me? I can see not wanting to be associated with guns, but cartoonish blood?

shartley
02-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Vendetta
Awe come on, are you kidding me? I can see not wanting to be associated with guns, but cartoonish blood?
Have you ever seen Manga? That is “just cartoonish” as well. ;)

The implications can be borderline, or passing it. And simulated blood has always been avoided by the responsible members of the paintball world, and that includes red paint. You may not agree with this, and you are free to post your disagreement, but I am NOT kidding. I am also not saying I personally take offense at it. I am saying that sometimes we have to examine things from an outside viewpoint, and do the responsible thing… no matter what WE think is cool or not.

It is like being a parent… and AGD is one of the Paintball World’s Parrents.

Vendetta
02-03-2003, 03:21 PM
I miss the red paint. It was harder to see, but was kind of cool.;)

I wonder if our country's problem today is that there are too many "parents". We should all me more kid-like. Kids tend to work out there own problems if you leave them alone. I feel sad for all the kids nowadays that don't know what its like to play unsupervise :(

JAM
02-03-2003, 05:22 PM
Well, I'm not sensitive about blood and the like- when it comes to logos. I don't see much difference between a lion biting/clawing and a name spelled out in "blood"... Well, maybe change the "blood" from red to green like in some video games... ?

I see both sides- red paint is bad- not really from inside the paintball world, but to the outside world.

-Jason

beefstew
02-03-2003, 06:10 PM
jam not to mess with you right after you finished MY logo:) but red paint wasnt good from an inside paintball stand point when you couldnt tell injury from paint.

P8ntballerAK
02-03-2003, 08:20 PM
here you go pride my first one. let me know what you want changed and ill do it.

P8ntballerAK
02-03-2003, 08:23 PM

SaS
02-04-2003, 01:47 PM
hey JAm... how about making the "blood" splattered paint instead? You know, to kind of sell the paintball thing a little more.

http://www.totaleclipsepaintball.com/sponsors.html

check out the "Paintball ADventure" picture, the bottom one

walker2287
02-10-2003, 09:30 PM
requested but i think its a little late