PDA

View Full Version : Best Paintball Prices?

mattman2k2
01-29-2003, 11:28 AM
I figure there is a thread like this somewhere else but I had no luck finding it with a search. Just want to know if anyone has suggestions on what site has good prices on paint and/or shipping. Thanks!

FalconGuy016
01-29-2003, 11:30 AM
www.pbgear.com has the best prices and free shipping over $100 but they usually dont have stock on their popular items, but its worth it for the price

FalconGuy016
01-29-2003, 08:49 PM
www.paintball-online.com has good prices too, with free shipping over $100, but again no guarantee of it in stock. With pbgear you should call to check for stock, or use their in-website contact service.

www.shop4paintball.com sometimes has good prices and always seem to be in stock, but small selection

www.xpaintball.com has some good prices too and generally seems to be in stock, but largly unorganized, its like Ross

www.888paintball.com can have some AMAZING prices and what they show on their website means they have it in stock, but you must realize that everything they sell are blemished (not affecting performace)

pbguy87
01-29-2003, 10:30 PM
www.pbgear.com is the best and you get free shipping on stuff over $100.

ghideon
01-29-2003, 11:00 PM
I've always wondered about ordering paintballs online. The issue of breakage in transit worries me. I take it this is not as big of a problem as I think it is?

Koosh
01-29-2003, 11:55 PM
how do you think the paintballs get to your local store? On trucks, only they probably aren't packed as well as they would be if you buy them from a warehouse (basicaly what the huge stores like 888 and pbgear are), with packing material covering them all over...

Blennidae
01-30-2003, 12:02 AM
Are they shipped UPS or USPS? I have had USPS throw packages against my door instead of knocking on my door to let me know it was here. The quality of postal delivery people varies quite a lot where I live.

Koosh
01-30-2003, 12:05 AM
whenever I've bought paint on the 'net, it usually comes UPS. Where I got it from (888, and shop4paintball) had completely surrounded the paintballs with 3-4 inches of packing peanuts, and they were very secure in the box. I would not hesitate for a second to buy off the net again. I have never had PAINT come usps, but some other items. For the most part, I have no complaints agains the USPS, they do their job well around here.

My worst experience with paint online was when 1 ball in 1 bag in 1 box of paint was broken! OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

ghideon
01-30-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh
how do you think the paintballs get to your local store? On trucks, only they probably aren't packed as well as they would be if you buy them from a warehouse (basicaly what the huge stores like 888 and pbgear are), with packing material covering them all over...

True, this I know. But I also know that when I buy em at the local store I check em to see if they're any broken balls, and the local store does the same.

Kevmaster
01-30-2003, 09:39 AM
most all stores get paint packed on a pallet(i know mine does, i know all the local ones do to). That means an industrial currier. lemme tell you, 60 cases on a pallet strapped down isnt gunna have a break. we occasionally get orders through UPS(when we need 10 cases for a weekend--then well make a big order the next weekend) prolly 1 in 50 has a broken ball. Now, with Paintball Inc as a wholesaler, its no deal, they send us a free case. With Paintball Gear....they say tough luck

my recommendation: unless your field has prices of $80ea for whitebox (and allows BYOP for some strange reason) stick with hte paint the field sells

FalconGuy016
01-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Ive never had that problem with buying paint, but ive only done it through shop4paintball

PsychoBaller
01-30-2003, 01:29 PM
I'm kinda bummed I can't find Scepter Kits anywhere online to buy out of a billion sites I've visited.... Nobody seems to have them in stock yet, except for TopChoicePaintball.com .... but even at their prices for them.. I might as well buy straight from Powerlyte...

~da baller