PDA

View Full Version : X-bolt versus Stock bolt with level-10 upgrade

GRK_STL
01-29-2003, 12:48 PM
I have a stock bolt with level-10 upgrade. Today I took apart my gun to a a gas through grip. I noticed that the stock bolt weights alot. I was wondering to lighten up the gun on the back end, would an X-bolt be that much lighted because of it being aluminum. I don't need the shooting advantage of the x-bolt because i have a hyperframe. OH, i use a automage classic.

magman007
01-29-2003, 12:58 PM
im not quite sure what you mean, im assuming x valve and stock valve. the bolt is the thing that actually fires, and yes that weighs alot as well, but you said you had lvl 10, so im assumung you mean valve.

yes, the x-valve is much lighter than the stock valve, its 3 0z's lighter than the retro valve, and the retro is lighter than the stock valve, it would make a big difference have fun with what ever you decide

Jonesie
01-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Um... the stock bold won't work with LX... Level 10 is a Bolt, 3 Springs, numerous o-ring carriers, and a new Powertube tip.

Basically speaking, if you have a stock bolt, you don't have Level 10, you have Level 7.

The new LX bolt is still stainless, but it has had every un-needed ounce shaved off of it...

Check here for all of your LX info needs:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40904&highlight=level

Later ~ Dave

GRK_STL
01-29-2003, 01:07 PM
The point i was trying to get accross was, I have an automag classic. I also have a level 10 upgraded bolt. The remainder of the airvalve or whatever the shiney silver thing is very heavy. I was wondering if the complete X-valve upgrade is lighter? sorry if it sounds rude............

Mossman
01-29-2003, 01:14 PM
Yes, it is at least 3 oz. lighter, and it has the sweet retro trigger, and u aint gonna outshoot it.

Cryer
01-29-2003, 01:15 PM
As was mentioned before, yes it would be lighter, due to the fact that it is aluminum. It also recharges alot faster than the stock valve so you'll experience better consistancy and no shoot-down when you're railing on that hyperframe of yours.
One thing though. When you order an xvalve, it comes with the level 10, but they won't give you more on your trade if you send in a level 10 on your stock valve. One thing you can do, is replace the old level 7 parts (stock bolt, spring and power-tube components), sell your existing level 10, then trade your stck valve in for an X.

FalconGuy016
01-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by GRK_STL
I have a stock bolt with level-10 upgrade. Today I took apart my gun to a a gas through grip. I noticed that the stock bolt weights alot. I was wondering to lighten up the gun on the back end, would an X-bolt be that much lighted because of it being aluminum. I don't need the shooting advantage of the x-bolt because i have a hyperframe. OH, i use a automage classic.

I think if you replace the "bolt"'s it makes perfect sense

I have a stock valve with level-10 upgrade. Today I took apart my gun to a a gas through grip. I noticed that the stock valve weights alot. I was wondering to lighten up the gun on the back end, would an X-Valve be that much lighted because of it being aluminum. I don't need the shooting advantage of the x-Valve because i have a hyperframe. OH, i use a automage classic.

GRK_STL
01-29-2003, 09:00 PM
I went and purchased the X-valve today. Is there anything i should do before i fire this thing or adjust anything other than the velocity adjustment on the back. I don't see any oil holes in this hing like the stock valve and bolt. Any information is appreciated.......Let it be known this is my first gun i bought from a friend that is why i have so many questions.

Kevmaster
01-30-2003, 09:32 AM
once you install the valve, I would put 2-3 drops of oil in the air fittings(somewhere). then cycle the marker 25-40 times to get hte unneeded oil out. oh, make sure to do this with your barrel off

cphilip
01-30-2003, 09:44 AM
I am not even sure what you were doing posting a comparison with the bolts of these two. A stock valve with a level 10 upgrade done to it and a X Valve would be the same bolts....:confused:

FalconGuy016
01-30-2003, 10:38 AM
You will have to do that oiling as kev mentioned and you will most likely have to adjust the level10 that came with the xvalve (since you already had one you know how then)

Can you put the old level10 on an xvalve?

Kevmaster
01-30-2003, 11:15 AM
falcon, when you send in oyur classic with LX they give you a new LX bolt...

the kits are the same thing and interchangeable, but different ones

GRK_STL
01-30-2003, 11:38 AM
The thing that i called the level 10 upgrade on my stock bolt is the ANS upgrade to the stock bolt for the automag classic bolt. It has a concave front to it with a foamie little dot on it.

I hate to say this but i never installed this ANS bolt upgrade originally i just recently purchased this Automag and tricking it out very fast. (i am one of the lucky ones). In the kit for the x-valve i recieved all these little brass or gold looking things what are they for and where do they go? I watched the video that came with my gun yesturday, and it did answer alot of questions but i have changed my valve and am wondering where these things go.

cphilip
01-30-2003, 11:46 AM
The thing that i called the level 10 upgrade on my stock bolt is the ANS upgrade to the stock bolt for the automag classic bolt.

Oh well that is where the confusion came in. Thats not at all a Level 10 bolt. But I am now on the same thinking level with what you were saying now.

Kevmaster
01-30-2003, 11:53 AM
yeh, the New Level 10 bolt is much better than your old "level 10 bolt". heres how you install it(btw, those brass things are called carriers):
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml